Fir Áraig

Users who are viewing this thread

New version of the sheild...

sheildstag-1.png

Yes, ofcourse, I just havn't quite dicided how to get around that... I guess, making the stag larger therefore the boss would cover the minimal amount...

I am very much just experimenting atm. I am far from an artist!

Okay, I am posting to ask for the very appreiciated help from a Master of the Arts and Artful ways, to help Fir Áraig develop their sheild, banner and standard! I have done some very, very basic and preliminary stuff just as guidance for myself but they are very much WIP and I am affraid my skills cannot allow for further progress!

So, any help would be really appreiciated!

Thanks! Celtic. :smile:

b00227783 said:
For crying out loud, I'm Scottish and I didn't understand a word of that  :sad:
He only said "Welcome Cormag, Ruaidri and Fintan. The "na Luimneach" and "in Garbhan" is just "of *location*". If I got it right.

Cormag in Garbhan - [Cor-ma-ch in Gar-uv-un] Anglicization & Translation - Cormack the Rough. Cormack, or Cormac's meaning is unclear. 'Mac' meaning 'son of' but the 'cor' is less obvious. Some etymologists(?) belive it comes from 'corb' for wheel. 'Son of the Wheel', perhaps meaning the Celtic Sun-Wheel? The Old Norse version is Kormákr.

Ruaidrí na Luimneach - [ROO-uh-ree na Lim-nech(?)] Anglicization & Translation- Rory of Limmerick. Rauidrí, Ruaraidh, meaning Red-King. Rauid meaning red, usually to denote hair colour. Rí meaning king(s).

Fintan in Cráibdech - [FIN-tan in CrIb-dach] Anglicization & Translation- Fintan the Pious. Fintan meaning 'white-flame', it comes from Irish Mythology.

Hello again Caradoc Mór!

Nice to see you again! Happy New Year!

Well, first of thanks for asking. Secondly, do you have Steam? If so add me (Celtichugs) and we can talk further there, mate! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom