Updated Wild Wind Tutorial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Antanas

Recruit
Hello, I just figured I'd do one of these since everyone always asks how to build stuff when they come in the server. Thanks and props to General Awesome for the base layout of this.

Keys
Tab - Hold to view players, and on the left side of the screen there's your building menu, inventory, interface options, character sheet, key config, buy menu, and building history.
B - Opens building menu
I - Opens inventory
U - Opens local chat
F- Shows player names
C - crouch

SURVIVAL

Water: Equip the empty bucket you spawn with in your inventory, run to the nearest water source and left click it with the bucket out.
Food: To get food you can either buy plants in the buy menu and wait for them to grow, or you can hunt deer. Build a campfire with your matchbox, then cook the meat; it can be eaten raw but it's hardly appetizing.
Fatigue: Build a bed with wood and cloth, sleep in it.

RESOURCE GATHERING
Wood: Go to buy menu and purchase a hatchet, hit trees.
Metals and Stone: Purchase a pick axe, go to random veins around map, hit with pickaxe. You can tell the difference between what they are by the color. Cobblestone is dark grey, limestone is light grey. Carbon is a very dark black, iron ore is a lightish black.
Cloth: Buy shears, buy a sheep, hit said sheep with shears.
Steel: To make steel bring iron ore and carbon to a forge, mix them and make steel.

BUILDING
To build, the first thing you're gonna wanna do is go to the buy menu and purchase a hammer and a saw. Then you're gonna need the materials you need for whatever you're going to build, use common sense. When you're ready to build, hit b, a menu will pop up with 2 rows along the bottom. The top row is the materials, click on the items in your inventory that you want to use. The bottom row is the items that you use to construct (hammer, saw, construction table/anvil.) Straight wood will make planks and walls. Cobblestone will make walls and a forge. Limestone will make walls. Wood and iron will make workbenches, anvils, beer casks, and a chest, tool blades and heads. Straight iron will make pistol and rifle bullets. Steel will make rifle and pistol receivers, barrels, and mechanisms.  Wood and steel will make stocks and grips.

WEAPON TYPES
Pistols
Colt Dragoon - Most powerful pistol, accuracy is horrible.
Baby Dragoon - Not accurate or powerful in the least.
Schofield Revolver - Fastest reload of the pistols.
Colt Single Action Army - Most accurate pistol.
Rifles
Springfield 1861 Rifled Musket - Basic rifle, acceptably accurate, powerful enough.
Hawken Rifle - Quite accurate, good all around rifle.
Sharps Rifle - Most accurate rifle in the game, one shot kill, great for battles between forts, very slow to reload.
Winchester Rifle - Repeating, high capacity, not very accurate.
Winchester 1887 - Powerful, not very accurate.
-Spencer Repeating Rifle - More powerful than the Winchester rifle, at the cost of capacity.
Melee
Cavalry Saber

OTHER HELPFUL STUFF

To lock your chest, hold shift and f.
If you die whilst moving an object, it will be false, you can see it, but it doesn't provide any cover... you can run through it. To erase this go to your build history and click on the trashcan in front of that objects name.
You can always change your skills by hitting spawn and click re-roll.

And that's it, I may upload screenshots later. If you see anything that needs fixing let me know.

Also: There is a new WildWind server open to everyone. It is hosted in the US (Finally). Look US_Wildwind in the server list.

I don't see the server in the list. Am i doing something wrong? Because there are never any servers for this mod.

cakegazm said:
I don't see the server in the list. Am i doing something wrong? Because there are never any servers for this mod.

It may have been down for fixes when you looked, we're still smoothing out the edges.

hatimkh said:
I'm pretty sure the sharps isn't a one shot kill.

Sharps is definitely a one shot kill, tried and true.

Back
Top Bottom