TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a samsung android phone, the internet I use is that standard "internet"  although it also has chrome but I don't really use it, the twim page and uploads how up fine as they do on my computer, uploading works as well but I can't select them and holding my finger down doesn't do anything either.

Uh...Say, while we're on the subject of TWim. Has anyone else ever tried using it with the dolphin browser? It doesn't work quite right for me, the upload button is unresponsive. It's not really a big issue, I was just wondering about it. Probably just some browser setting that I overlooked about pop-ups or something.

I've been using Dolphin for a while, but I got rid of it because it's touch-sense was awful, with opening links centimetres away from what I actually touched, and it shat the RAM full in a way that only a reboot could clean it.

AwdeV: I usually open the picture and copy it's url from the address bar.

Just for the record, got an email from my host:
A network switch in your datacenter has been experiencing issues and we'll be replacing it this Thursday 07/09/15 at 4PM. Typically we try to schedule maintenance further ahead of time but want to ensure that your service is as unaffected as possible and have decided to move forward with this maintenance quickly.
We expect this to cause about one minute of downtime while switching over to the new hardware.
Hopefully you can handle such an extensive outage. :razz:
(Also, just in case it goes for longer. Also, I've a wee update planned for TWim!)

It's Alright J. It was just a callback to something that happened when Docm released his mod to the public.
You did a good job with a callback for once and you ruined by responding Vrael. Remember to commit fully by either playing along, or saying nothing.

I'll be upgrading PHP on the server that runs TWim, BoP tool etc on Friday 28th at noon UK time. Could be that it goes flawlessly, could be that it takes a while to fix anything that might break. Starting in about 14h from this post. Be prepared.

Okay, updated. Had to make a tiny winy change to TWim, but that seems to be the extent of the problems. If you run into problems, please report 'ere.

BSHnk.gif

On Tuesday the 13th of Oct there might be a brief while when TWim (and other things hosted on tw.greywool.com) might be having some hiccups. Shouldn't last longer than 5-10 minutes though.

Our technical operations team is constantly working to improve our services. As part of these improvements, we will be moving your MySQL databases to a new server while upgrading the MySQL version to 5.6. This migration will take place this Tuesday, the 13th of October, starting at 10AM PDT. Migrating the databases from their current location will take all day to complete, however you will only experience 5 to 10 minutes of downtime when your databases are actually moved. During this maintenance, please try not to make any updates to your site (it will just prolong the migration). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Is it possible to remove images from TWim somehow? I've got at least a few which I've uploaded updated versions of, and it pains me to see the old ones - never to be seen again by anyone ever - just sitting there, filling server space.

J said:
Pretty sure I've addressed that once or twice: Nope.

Might consider it when I'm starting to run out of file names to match the current format (around 900 million left) or when I'm getting close to the "UNLIMITED" hard drive usage on the host.

As I've said before, this whole thing was set up just so you wouldn't get all the "Sorry, this image has been removed!" images (or just plain dead ones) all over the forum. And if you let people delete the images, that's what'll happen. Still considering a way to "orphan" any images you have, so they won't show up on your twim page, but they'd still exist.

's time for the unfortunate yearly beggathon time. Which mean I'll trust on y'all being able to donate enough to keep TWim running for another year. Which in theory needs less than one cent from each user to keep it going happily. Though it's less than 1% of the users who get involved. So yeah. Beggathon! >_>

Back
Top Bottom