TWim - TWf-exclusive image uploading site

Users who are viewing this thread

Should probably mention that the TWimfund for this year has been reached and even surpassed. Any extras are still welcome and will go towards the hosting bill after this one and/or charities.

Yo J... Any chance we can have some rough storage and filing facilities? I would very much like to place images as distinct groups from one another. I would also like to delete items.  :smile:

J said:
Current situation.

You folks have donated €21.09 so far. With my rent and other bills constantly going up (with my pay not going up with the bills), I have about 20-40 euros left for monthly food and all other expenditures. Last month I even had to take the 20€ that had already been donated to be able to have stuff to eat. What I'm tryin' to say with this is that I will most likely be unable to pay for my webhost (which includes TWim, the BoP tool, Photo Contest gallery thing and other stuff) without the help of you people. If I will be able to do so, I will certainly pay the extra 21 euros from my own wallet at the time of billpaying. Sadly I cannot guarantee it, as things are >_<

I have even got emails from my host recently saying "One month until your domains expire!" That is to say, without you guys, I'm kinda ****ed. If I'm kinda ****ed, TWim is kinda ****ed. I know that less than 1% of TWim users will ever see this message. But I do hope that even that one percent will help to keep this **** running.

I just sent you some heathen money (aka, euros).

Given how many of us use your services, scraping together 100 Euros per year shouldn't be that difficult.

Thank you kindly. Though there's this as well:
J said:
Should probably mention that the TWimfund for this year has been reached and even surpassed. Any extras are still welcome and will go towards the hosting bill after this one and/or charities.

With the user base, I would presume the same as well. But it seems to be the same 0.1% (or less) every year who bother to help out with it. :razz:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Yo J... Any chance we can have some rough storage and filing facilities? I would very much like to place images as distinct groups from one another. I would also like to delete items.  :smile:
Rough storage and filing facilities? I'm not quite certain if I follow. As in, categorise the images you've uploaded on the twim page? No plans for such at all right now. Would require reworking a large part of the coding with a high possibility of breaking everything.

And deleting...
J said:
The idea of this kinda was that you wouldn't end up with dead images all over the forums when the imagehost/user decides that nobody gets to see 'em. Which is why there's no delete button.

J said:
With the user base, I would presume the same as well. But it seems to be the same 0.1% (or less) every year who bother to help out with it. :razz:

I'm guessing most of them don't know that you pay for this out of your own pocket. I mean, in your first post, you even make the sentence about donations being appreciated/accepted into smaller font. It needs to be more prominent. Or more emphasis placed on the fact that we could lose it all if you can't afford to pay for it.

Anyway, I'm willing to make my contribution a yearly thing. Just give me a poke on PM/email (or SMS if I'm having one of my periodic absences) and I'll funnel some money your way.

Would it be enough if they weren't deleted but they were removed from your twim view? Basically, make 'em orphaned images, so they wouldn't have any owners, thus wouldn't show up on anyone's views.

Also, in the future, don't upload duplicates. :razz:

J said:
I assume it's the same six people that have money.

Just a heads-up, got another email from Dreamhost!

We’re upgrading your shared web server’s operating system to Ubuntu 12.04 this Saturday, October 18th at 8PM PDT. Your sites may be unavailable for approximately 30-40 minutes during this upgrade. We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

It might have extra problems with my custom php.ini file, but I'll look into that when I wake up on Sunday. Hopefully it will be fine.

My spooky street!  :razz:

1234172_808876939158538_6999197382074488153_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom