Rome needs your help, Modelers wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

ok
1 i think you got reached the max triangle number your old pc can handle
2 think you do not need do very high poly models less triangles better result easier to work

by the way way 3d program you are using?

most popular probably here is
wings3d
3ds max
also here is few blender users (but i am not one of them :smile: )
and sculpting things coming here to
like:
zbrush
or sculptris

Hamilkar19 said:
dunno
ive got an old pc from 2005
the specs arent that great as u can expect
:S
Be sure to make that facemask a plane, and yea, I had the same problems too with my computer. I couldn't do anything with it because it would freeze if I used video drivers(motherboard got damaged).

To be honest I don't think the Romans would have used that cavalry helmet in combat with the mask as well,which was more likely for ceremonial purposes. So perhaps make a version of it without the mask.

I'm not directing this at the people making the practice (?) models but the mod team in general.

WIP
signifer2.jpg
signifer.jpg
.....And somehow the U disappeared. I'll show the full letters later.

@ jezza
they used it dude
teutoburg forest 9 a.d. for example
Publius Quinctilius Varus has worn it
they found the mask some years ago

Hamilkar19 said:
@ jezza
they used it dude
teutoburg forest 9 a.d. for example
Publius Quinctilius Varus has worn it
they found the mask some years ago

Fairplay,but will this be a general and standard bearer helm because I think it unfit for the main cavalry.

@ jezza
=)

http://www.romancoins.info/MilitaryEquipment-Facemasks.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/carolemage/5413915271/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/l_j_a/5660218175/

im sry if its forbidden to post commercial links, just wanted to show that facemasks were used

kusura bakmayin
:grin:

I'm not denying their use,I'm just saying that it is improbable that the majority of cavalry would have worn such an impractical piece of armour and as such well...it would look quite good on the praetorian cavalry,but it really is an unnecessary expense that I doubt the Romans would wish to bestow on any more than the most upper tier of cavalry units.

TL;DR Only praetorian cavalry should use it and standard bearers of the cavalry.

Hand(Front side) and parts of ropes textured. Pictures showing the back of the hand would be appreciated as well as close ups of letters on bronze squares of the signum. I'm not sure if the latin letters are correct or not.
signum3i.jpg

signifer.jpg

signifer2.jpg

This signum is for the posterior Signifer, there will be a spear topped one for the Prior Signifer.
Give props to Rglcotl for making the laurel as well as convincing me to help you guys out some more.
To be honest I don't think the Romans would have used that cavalry helmet in combat with the mask as well,which was more likely for ceremonial purposes. So perhaps make a version of it without the mask.
That isn't a cavalry helmet, it's an infantry helmet. Yep, nobody except maybe some banner holders would use that helmet in battle.

Back
Top Bottom