Rome needs your help, Modelers wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

hey guys its in progress
=)
doesnt look too well right now
just a rough model
maya2012-01-0421-14-22-61.jpg

Count of Flanders said:
Hmm attic or not, it clearly has italic influences, I can be wrong though but some elements on that helmet look similar to the Imperial Gallic one
The back of it looks like a Gallic A, the shape of the helmet has some Attic influences. I wonder what this helmet was based on.
ah-6306-nt.jpg

Count of Flanders said:
Not sure either but it doesn't seem that unlikely it could have been used, though maybe the one with the faceplate you showed might be more historically correct.
It's based on a Gallic Helmet, that's all that's said. Anywho, here's some material for the General's attic helmet.
lafe06%2035.jpg

zFt%20Mac%2005%2000a.jpg

Face made me smile :smile: the rest is shaping up nicely though, still some work on the cheeckplates and neckpart, also the faceplate needs to be.. wel more in the shape of a face, getting a bit wider as you go up, like the mask in the pictures.

@Gothicknight: Would indeed be nice to see a new version of that one being made, altough we also kinda lack good roman general helmets, as the one in your pictures, entirely up to you though :wink:

ure right dude
face is really weird
its my first helmet with facemask
no excuse though
:grin:

btw ure from turkey right ?
nasilsin arkadasim
:grin:

Count of Flanders said:
Face made me smile :smile: the rest is shaping up nicely though, still some work on the cheeckplates and neckpart, also the faceplate needs to be.. wel more in the shape of a face, getting a bit wider as you go up, like the mask in the pictures.

@Gothicknight: Would indeed be nice to see a new version of that one being made, altough we also kinda lack good roman general helmets, as the one in your pictures, entirely up to you though :wink:

I'll do the General's Attic then. It is easier to model since the Imperial Gallic will require poly baking.

It's hard to model, but easier to texture. Mine is average difficulty in modeling, possibly hard to texture. Depends if I want to add decorations or not.

WIP1: Not sure if I want to make the ridge in the front a plane or a polygon. Learning more about the shape of the helmet from pictures.
impattic2.jpg

impatticwip.jpg

hey guys  i dont think im able to finish the helmet
my pc crashes all the time and it laggs like hell
im sry
:cry:

ill try to  get it finished somehow

Back
Top Bottom