Senate Floor : How you play (battles) [poll]

How you lead you men?

• Do you lead you men in front, throwingg Pilums in first line?

Votes: 135 53.6%
  • Sit back, and let you men do fighting when possible.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Sit back, and retreat when you see the battle is lost.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Lead them at the back, going to melee when necessary.

Votes: 49 19.4%
  • Lead them at the back, going to melee when necessary, but not too proud to retreat when you think th

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • Something else? (TELL us)

Votes: 18 7.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Rickjoy12 said:
Front line - Spearmen, spread out obviously.
Second line - Archers firing from the space.
Third line - Swordsmen

By the time they get close = "u dead." ((Because I slaughter them and get the rest of the credits ^^))

PLease use unit names, like Legio II Augusta  :wink:
Try putting your milites at front, archers behind them, more experiend guys (Sorry can`t remember name :oops:) behind them and so on.. That way enemy must beat your army 5 times before he is victorius!

I really cant do any tactical positioning or anything because As soon as i set them up and then click Advance, my whole army does whatever it wants to do.

Atikus said:
I really cant do any tactical positioning or anything because As soon as i set them up and then click Advance, my whole army does whatever it wants to do.

I would advise against using formations they are buggy still . Default ranking works fine though .

I go to war with this guy!
smilycent.png

Hmmm... I see everyone's talking about infantry, but am I the only one who uses cavalry here?

65-70% infantry 30-35% cavalry

1- Shield wall infantry
2- Position cavalry towards the enemies flank (50-60 meters away, a safe distance from getting pilumed in the face)
3- Order Infantry to attack (Charge)
4- Lead cavalry charge (Follow me), time it so cavalry engages enemy flank 5-10 seconds after Infantry engages enemy line
5- Reposition cavalry a fair distance away from enemy spawn point
6- Order infantry to hold position and shieldwall formation again

Rinse repeat

this is the general gyst of the idea, though sometimes I would position cavalry behind the enemy line and charge so essentially the enemy is pincered between cavalry and infantry.

What I do most is take a soldier's armor that they use most and go with them on defense or attacking, but I stay together with them by foot or by horse, fighting together with them.

ave...

depend on the battle, I study the field quickly

I divide the army into

1. Skrimishers/flankers
2. Barbarians infantrie
3. bowmens
4. Legionaires
5. Cavalries

I am always harrass the enemy using bowmen first, if the enemy not advancing, if the enemy advancing i use the barbarians as baits. in some case however, I use legionaires to make enemy waste their arrows with their shield wall, I cant find how to make tetsudo works, it would be much better if it can be used

in heavy hill/mountain areas, I make sure my cav hit the last from flank.
in defending condition, using field advantage is really important especially agaisnt those nasty murchs.

Be Part of the Line and then break off but dont rambo or else its suicide. Also to Arrakhis what mod is your avatar from? Thats some nice blue samurai armor.

usnavy30 said:
Be Part of the Line and then break off but dont rambo or else its suicide. Also to Arrakhis what mod is your avatar from? Thats some nice blue samurai armor.
its shogun 2 bug actually, your avatar character refuse to wear the modern uniform, after 2-3 online battle using vanilla online battle. they already fix it now

My usual approach is to leave my archers at the back along with a small contingent of my infantry force to defend them, send in my infantry and wait about 20 seconds to charge my cavalry and watch the entire battle either from the battlefield itself or from where my archers are set.

Pausonious said:
My usual approach is to leave my archers at the back along with a small contingent of my infantry force to defend them, send in my infantry and wait about 20 seconds to charge my cavalry and watch the entire battle either from the battlefield itself or from where my archers are set.

I do the same, but I enter the battle  :mrgreen:

My tactic is very simplistic.

Hey look it's the enemy!!!! Get him!!!! Watch barbarian horde overrun enemy shield wall, chill and drink wine out of enemies skull.

I usually do advance upon my opponents.

as I am playing VERSUS rome, legionnaires are freakingly tough opponents.

I usually use the mixed horde of infantry , although preferrably riecalloore, kludarrgus ( two handed swords kill fast when supported by hvy and light inf ) and drudai.

Then, just before melee starts, i let the big bulk of murchurn or gallorum equus charge the flanks and their javelins do terrible damage.

I also use large numbers of captured gallorum and germanorum troops, which i recruit into my armies at the cost of morale - but it keeps my lairs whore busy to boost back morale :wink:

Cavalry is slightly different, I pick a hill first, then charge into them.
Cavalry are all well and good but a barbarian horde charging down hill into them when they are moving to slow to fight properly? They have this nasty habit of being hacked into little pieces.

Back
Top Bottom