Senate Floor : How you play (battles) [poll]

How you lead you men?

• Do you lead you men in front, throwingg Pilums in first line?

Votes: 135 53.6%
  • Sit back, and let you men do fighting when possible.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Sit back, and retreat when you see the battle is lost.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Lead them at the back, going to melee when necessary.

Votes: 49 19.4%
  • Lead them at the back, going to melee when necessary, but not too proud to retreat when you think th

Votes: 37 14.7%
  • Something else? (TELL us)

Votes: 18 7.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lets take a vote .
? i think im number 5, i retreat sometimes, altough morale system is bad sometimes, my troops lost 10 morale when i save them for doom.. 60 soldiers against 500 of theirs! if they would be praetorians i would perhaps make my last stand there, but they were Legio II Augusta Miles..
EDIT: i know what you are thinking, im coward retreating. Nope, i fought that battle a lot longer (Amazing how of all battles this is one i rememember bestly!) at start it was 500 vs 1500-1700, i though i had good changes, but i think my troops were too newbies, and so i had to take those remaining 60 men (reserve) and go back to a fort. I gave them 1 000 men losses versus my own 400 men losses, and most of my troops were basic Augusta Miles (loriga hamata legions are weaker than loriga segmetanta) so that explains my defeat.
So, after i retreated to camp, i had know 160 men, and when they made their assault, i slaughtered their 500 soldiers.
Anyway, what i learned: I ALWAYS train 40% of my men higher tier than miles.

I stand in the second line with a legionary as my shield,After the initial wave I charge out of the line and take out the nearest guy before getting back into line.

@ Sounds typical Roman centurio to me. It works pretty well, especially if the game would have better morale system. (my troopers just NEVER retreat - altought thats just good  :smile:)  So you lead you mean at first line (note that lines are almost always deeper than 1 man!)

I like to watch my companions fighting so im on horse at the back  :smile:
I put some shields up front to soak up the incoming javelins, archers behind them and then ill send in the companions.
Then i just kill whoever breaks threw the lines.

Standard three lines,basically just by telling them to hold the area and stand close.

I Lead my Men at the back with The equite's behind me and going with some Cavalier to melee when necessary.  :arrow:

Before Battle i have always three groupe :
Groupe 1 - 1st Ligne " One compagnion + 80 Legionairy + Centurion/Signiefer/Mercenairy if i have "
Groupe 2 - 2nd Ligne" One compagnion + 80 Legionairy + auxilairy "
Groupe 3 - 3rd Ligne " One compagnion + Archers + jeune Recrue's "  :razz:

Gaius Marius Maximus said:
I Lead my Men at the back with The equite's behind me and going with some Cavalier to melee when necessary.  :arrow:

Before Battle i have always three groupe :
Groupe 1 - 1st Ligne " One compagnion + 80 Legionairy + Centurion/Signiefer/Mercenairy if i have "
Groupe 2 - 2nd Ligne" One compagnion + 80 Legionairy + auxilairy "
Groupe 3 - 3rd Ligne " One compagnion + Archers + jeune Recrue's "  :razz:

Same, expect i use Praetorian cav.

+ Great idea for groups.. I just use my companions with my praetorian cav, ultimate last reserve, hwo i rather retreat (so small, approxmitly 10 troopers) than go to melee. They are anyway elite of an elite, so when i must, i can charge with them

I sit on my horse and let my praetorian guard do the fighting then when the enemy flees, me and my cav chase them down

Gaius Marius Maximus said:
Ave
never use the Praetorians guard :!: only the "XXII" Legionaries and auther Mercenare's  :cool: also i change my formation and leave the Archers ... in City :arrow:

I currently got 40 praetorians, 10 mounted 30 on foot. And i use Legio VI Victrix and Legio II Augusta legions, currently  700 in total  :mrgreen:

Where's the option for "Attempt to lead the charge, but catch javelin a to the face and watch the remainder of the battle from spectator mode"?

I start in line w my troops throwing pilums then lead the melee  :arrow: charge leaving some back to fall back on if we loose ground :twisted:

My tactic is more simple;

1.Legionaries form shieldwall;
2.I attack them alone killing one or two soldiers or just let them throw spears at me (at my shield);
3.They attack me;
4.My legionaries kill them all;

Few casualties (max.10 dead) enemy defeated.

DDFFRRTT said:
My tactic is more simple;

1.Legionaries form shieldwall;
2.I attack them alone killing one or two soldiers or just let them throw spears at me (at my shield);
3.They attack me;
4.My legionaries kill them all;

Few casualties (max.10 dead) enemy defeated.

Well.. Works that way too... But its booring!

Front line - Spearmen, spread out obviously.
Second line - Archers firing from the space.
Third line - Swordsmen

By the time they get close = "u dead." ((Because I slaughter them and get the rest of the credits ^^))

Back
Top Bottom