|Map| Foldarth *Under Construction*

Users who are viewing this thread

Tirok

Knight
I've been working on a map for a little while now, after the failed attempt of mine awhile back due to too many scene props. And so far, it's come along nicely. I welcome any servers to use this once it's finished, and hope they do.

As this map isn't finished yet, I look forward to any suggestions the community might have for ways to improve it. Please be constructive. This map is very small, meant to concentrate the player base. However I aim to make up for that smallness with rich possibility, interiors, and plenty to explore.

Features:
  • One large city
  • A large forest outside the city
  • Two mines
  • A small harbor with aesthetic ships (Note: The ships aren't scripted, and are just for the theme)
  • A large main keep, mainly interior based except for battlements
  • 3-4 bandit hideouts of various degrees of secrecy
  • A pre-made ambush site on the road in the forest
  • Various RP based interiors
  • Secrets
  • An economy that will benefit everyone during peace, and make factions feel the effects of war
  • A main Keep faction, a working class faction, a merchants guild, TW, a harbor faction and a mercenary faction

The Economy:
The economy will create a interdependence between the two main factions, the castle faction and the working faction. The castle faction will have no raw materials near them (that aren't in the working factions territory) but will have higher prices for all materials. This will make trade between the workers and the castle very profitable. The castle however, will have the only metal armor, and high-tier weapons in the map locked in their armory, allowing them to choose who may have access to them. This will purposefully create a military imbalance. However, they'll need the resources to make these weapons as the stockpiles start low.

Every other faction will be outfitted with low tier weapons and armor, depending on their intended role. I understand factions will be imbalanced in combat, it's part of the fun. Play smart.

The Forest:
In the forest there will be three to four outlaw camps. One involving tree forts, being the spawn and being quite obvious, others being well-hidden.
The harbor is in the forest, and will have high export prices for all kinds of food, as well as being the location of the silver export (gold being in the merchants guild). The forest is made to be dense, and easy to hide in. Finally, it contains ruins where the only plate armor and greatsword on the map can be found. These are the only high-tier weapons/armor outside the keep as well. Be careful though, it can be perilous to obtain them!

Pictures:

The factions: -Notes: Pictures will be updated as progress is made. Faction intent, does not force a faction to that specific purpose.
Castle Faction:
mb24-2.jpg

Workers Faction:
mb22-3.jpg

Merchants Guild:
mb29-2.jpg

Town Watch (Combined with tavern):
mb25-3.jpg

Manor House:
mb28-3.jpg

Harbor:
mb19-3.jpg

Mercenary Guild:
mb27-2.jpg

Overview:
mb30-2.jpg

mb30-Copy.jpg

Other:
mb26-2.jpg

mb23-3.jpg

mb21-3.jpg

mb20-3.jpg

mb18-2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please leave any constructive comments, suggestions or questions you may have.

I've helped Tirok test this a bit. It looks like it'll shape up to be a great map with great RP potential. Be warned though, this isn't exactly suited for the 'castle worz' crowd, but if you enjoy some medium-hardcore RP, it will be just fine.

Looks legit, I like smaller maps, and I agree that this one should have many factions so that is sorta like gang wars....

They had a huge map like this a while back, but it was for an older PW, but the guy never made it public.

Have been hoping for a map like this :mrgreen:

Dont really need castle wars, there are other forms of control, and fun fighting.

Castle wars will however, be possible in a sense. I plan on trying to make some sort of build-able for for the 'workers' (let's call them faction two)
And I'll add in some constructable defenses for the castle (faction 1). These factions are the two that are really 'meant' to go to war. The mercenaries could join either side as well as the manor house. With mostly full rooftop access set up and narrow streets, warfare in here should be really interesting. Not to mention the economy, which will likely result in more sprawled out wars.

Back
Top Bottom