Going from king to vassal

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just recently started to play this game and I have a issue that would like to be solved.

If I create my own kingdom as an independent player, can I join another kingdom as a vassal? If possible, what would happen to my fiefs if I do that?

I ask this because when we are vassals, normally we don't get the towns/castles that we conquer, he king normally takes the town/castle or give it to another noble.  :evil:

Any fiefs that you yourself hold as a king will be yours when you become a vassal.

As to what happens to your lords lands I am unsure as it has been a while, either they come with you but are unclaimed (your lords will defect to wherever they want) or they will keep the lands and take them to wherever they went off to join.

As said above, any of your fiefs you will keep.

As for your vassals, they will follow you to the other faction, but then they act like any lord and have a chance of defecting from that faction. In fact, I made Borcha one of my lords, than joined the rhodoks, and he defected to the nords! our enemies! Borcha betrayed ME!  :evil:

DarkShogun417 said:

As for your vassals, they will follow you to the other faction, but then they act like any lord and have a chance of defecting from that faction. In fact, I made Borcha one of my lords, than joined the rhodoks, and he defected to the nords! our enemies! Borcha betrayed ME!  :evil:

Well he did never come off as an honourable man...with the whole horse stealing thing...

DarkShogun417 said:

you shouldn't have trusted that scum

Northcott said:
Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.... and keep your frenemies as well-paid lackeys so that they're within easy reach for execution when they inevitably turn on you.

:mrgreen:

Looks like someone has a new sig...

One more question.

What units will I have, if I create my own kingdom?
If I remain neural and conquer a castle to start my own faction or if I defect from other kingdom, what units will I be able to recruit from villages?

Until now I only got a castle and a village, that doesn't allow me to recruit soldiers because I had looted it.  :cool:

Northcott said:
Apparently I'm quite quotable!

Yes, it appears that you are.

zedestroyer said:
One more question.

If I remain neural and conquer a castle to start my own faction or if I defect from other kingdom, what units will I be able to recruit from villages?

Until now I only got a castle and a village, that doesn't allow me to recruit soldiers because I had looted it.  :cool:

Unless your mod changed things or you changed them then you will get whatever troops were native to that village, you will also have to raise your relation with them since you say you looted it.

For instance, if the castle and  village tied to it were Swadian territory in the beginning of the game then when you can recruit troops from there again you will recruit Swadian troops.

There are a few tweaks you can do and I would be happy to find them for you if you are interested that will allow you to recruit troops of whatever faction you are serving, or whichever faction you choose for your own kingdom.

annallia said:
Northcott said:
Apparently I'm quite quotable!

Yes, it appears that you are.

zedestroyer said:
One more question.

Unless your mod changed things or you changed them then you will get whatever troops were native to that village, you will also have to raise your relation with them since you say you looted it.

For instance, if the castle and  village tied to it were Swadian territory in the beginning of the game then when you can recruit troops from there again you will recruit Swadian troops.

There are a few tweaks you can do and I would be happy to find them for you if you are interested that will allow you to recruit troops of whatever faction you are serving, or whichever faction you choose for your own kingdom.

Ok, thanks ... For now I will try to evolve in my current native campaign and after that I will try a mod. So You don't need to worry about the tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom