Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Users who are viewing this thread

The standalone sequel to the Half Life mod! And none of that sissy third person stuff some of you go in for either...  :mad:

A new gameplay video was released yesterday that I thought I'd share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ErrjBwg9E&

Looking forward to it!

Sadly the developers don't seem to care at all about history or historically correct warfare. I can't stand this cliché-medievalness in modern media. Unlike some decades ago people today actually believe Hollywood shows them the real world, just because movies pay some poor dudes to act as "historical advisors".

I know, M&B has some arcadey aspects too, but the weapons and armours are all taken from museums or at least modeled after old depictions (like the cleavers), fitting a certain time period.

I did love the original mod, playing Javelineer was great fun.
And to be fair, this seems like the kind of game (Almost wrote mod, having a bit of a hard time adjusting) that doesn't really care about realism, and that's fine by me. I seem to remember the ''story'' was actually not set in the real world, so I have no problem with it being historically inaccurate.

New video.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/14/chivalry-medieval-warfare-trailer/

" - Deep melee combat system allows players to manipulate their swings in real time with the mouse for precise and full control of your attacks"

Wanna know more about this.

00:15 in new video shows holding what appears to be a down block blocking to the left. From that, I would guess one block for all directions.

Hmmm, don't think so:

"The parrying system involves directional blocking yes, you move your weapon in real time to parry your opponents and this is what we absolutely love about the system and are confident you guys will love it too; there isn't just 4 static directions, there's every possible direction, and we feel this works fantastically with the fast pace of the game. Stay tuned for the Combat Developer Blog Part 2 to see more of this in action."

From beta tester on their forums.

Heh, looks like it's coming along quite nicely. Been waiting for it ever since I heard about it when they announced they were making it. Age of Chivalry was great fun, and with it being a game in it's own right it'll probably be quite sweet. Also they seem to be adopting the M&B combat approach, which is always nice.

This, WotR and M&B2. Interesting. Yet to see some M&B 2 footage though. Lets hope it blows our minds. This looks interesting too, as does WotR. Will be following closely to all these three.

Scully said:
Still looks a bit too casual, but that is an interesting system indeedio. Maybe they'll have their own duelling servers :eek:

I rather play casual in lieu of people swinging swords at your feet just to get speed bonus'.

It is annoying and ugly when people look down at the feet for every swing, but I think it is done because most people play in third person and find it easier to see the enemy by looking down, so that there own avatar isn't obscuring their view. It also has the benefit of striking one of the most lightly armoured parts of the enemy. I don't see how it increases the speed bonus of an attack though.

forum_sig.png

...Testing application form:...
http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1498

...good luck...-_^

ciauz^^,
Jab

Back
Top Bottom