Unit Question

Users who are viewing this thread

angrysully

Banned
Where can I find actual roman soldiers to recruit or do I just have to keep recruiting the axillary peasants and upgrade accordingly?

Well , you can choose to start with a Legion and try keeping them alive while slowly upgrading through Tiro or Auxiliary tree to grow your strength , or take the easier cheaper route ans stick to Auxiliary which are not much worse then Legions anyways and are easier to maintain and replace. This mod was not ment to be easy and you should not be able to outright hire Legions , realism requires certain aspects to be taken into consideration . It would take weeks or months to recruit new legionaries from Italy or transfer existing Legions stationed in Gaul or elsewhere also this is a beta and many things are subject to change . Here have a screenshot :

Or do as i do: First choose you legion, then recruit only those units that are in your legion`s upgrade tree. For example, you can choose Legio II Augusta or Legio IX Hispana. If you choose Hispana, you can recruit Legio XIIII Gemina, and if you choose Legio II Augusta, you can train Legio VI Victrix

Of course at start you must use weaker units, but if you use starting legion, you can just keep them in reserve and train them with you "trainer" skill

How do you hire more men for your selected legion?  I haven't selected a tree, I started with Hispana legion. It says Gebur Seaxe can be upgraded to Hispana legion but when you look over it, it is the class for the britons.

angrysully said:
How do you hire more men for your selected legion?  I haven't selected a tree, I started with Hispana legion. It says Gebur Seaxe can be upgraded to Hispana legion but when you look over it, it is the class for the britons.

The troop tree for Roman Legions is located:
mountblade warband\Modules\ImperiumRomanum1.9.4OpenBETA\Addons\Trooptree.xlsx

If you can't open it, try download section at http://www.openoffice.org/

Auxilia_Brittonum_peregrinus -> Auxilia_Brittonum_peregrinus_pedes -> Tiro -> Legio_IX_Hispana_miles -> ....

I have a question following on the topic:

I can't seem to find any auxiliary troops. all I can recruit is the british troop tree troops.

So, is it some certain place or some certain way to get those auxiliary troops? Am playing the new beta version.

Thank you, the mod is amazing show of community talent  :smile:

Auxiliary and Legion troop tree's start with British looking auxiliary(Britonum Peregrinus) and can be hired in Augusta faction villages , also theres one village near Hispana controlled town in which you can hire different auxiliary troops . I would just refer to the trooptree.xml in "addons" folder to see whats what , troop trees are a lot more complicated then what you may be used to.

Vympel said:
Auxiliary and Legion troop tree's start with British looking auxiliary(Britonum Peregrinus) and can be hired in Augusta faction villages , also theres one village near Hispana controlled town in which you can hire different auxiliary troops . I would just refer to the trooptree.xml in "addons" folder to see whats what , troop trees are a lot more complicated then what you may be used to.

I started as a praetorian legate with my praetorians. How do I train more praetorian foot soldiers and get praetorian cav?

Takeda_Shingen said:
I started as a praetorian legate with my praetorians. How do I train more praetorian foot soldiers and get praetorian cav?

Cohors  II Praetoriana is upgraded to Ala II Praetoriana and Cohors  I Praetoriana is upgraded to Ala I Praetoriana .

Back
Top Bottom