Anti-Cheat System

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone, I was going to surprise everyone about this but I decided to add a Anti-Cheat System back in November.

Yes! ANTI-CHEATS! Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!  :twisted:

The only cheat this system blocks are the "Ctrl+F4" & "Ctrl+H" Cheats.  :lol:

Before I was doing this in all areas but I decided to make this only happen during places where the player really shouldn't have to cheat. This system is in effect for most of the duels that take place, during the In-battle duel, and during Arena Tournaments. I'm not sure if I did the practice arena, though I probably have.

Also I've done my best to make sure people aren't cheating during the In-battle sequences.

You can still cheat during sieges and on the battlefield. :wink:

I've mainly done this system because I want the player to actually play the game. All the other cheats and cheat mode can still be used. So there you have it, you have been warned. If you use the said cheats (key strokes) you will face some harsh consequences even without cheat mode enabled.

Please feel free to discuss your opinions on the subject.

SN:
Oh, I also integrated messages into the system to pick on you.  :razz:

Thats fine as far as im concerned since the only ones i used were ctrl + click to move to my capital to take actions otherwise impossible elsewhere on the map.

Another shot to the nuts for the testers, though.  It took me the better part of a month to wipe out a faction with old fashioned cheating and low difficulty.  I hope you have a workaround for the staff.

Daedelus_McGee said:
Another shot to the nuts for the testers, though.  It took me the better part of a month to wipe out a faction with old fashioned cheating and low difficulty.  I hope you have a workaround for the staff.
ROFL -> http://swordofdamocles.wetpaint.com/page/SoD+Companions%28Alpha%29

You're an idiot computica. -.- Do you have any idea how many times I've been in a tournament, just to have my opponents on horseback ride into a wall, and disappear through it? (Usually Swadians and Khergits, just to add insult to injury, as they take forever to bring down in the tournament)

You're hurting your own mod.

Halrik said:
You're the one being a baby, telling people what they can and cannot do in their own game.
Halrik, have you written a mod?  How many hours have you spent developing your own mod?  How many hours have you spent helping other people with their mod's?  How many hours have you spent answering questions about your mod?  How many suggestions have you implemented in your mod? 

I really hate the anti-cheating stuff because it gets in the way of my test play of features.

But Computica has the right. He's earned it with his groundbreaking work on this mod and incredibly selfless help on other mods. 

When you pay cash money for the product, you can feel free to call the mod "yours". Until then, you are benefiting from the hard work of others for no cost.

Now, if you have the coin, we can talk about how much the mod is yours. If you really want your own mod, present the development team with sufficient remuneration, and we will do things your way to your satisfaction.  My price is here: http://setsail.com/fpb-64-theory-reality-2/

oh man compy I love a good jousting tourny!!!!!

my favourite part is taking out the horse of guys with lances then watching them get slapped six ways from sunday by everyone else while they run around with a useless weapon!

Don't take that away from me!!!!!!!!!! :razz:

LibSpit said:
oh man compy I love a good jousting tourny!!!!!

my favourite part is taking out the horse of guys with lances then watching them get slapped six ways from sunday by everyone else while they run around with a useless weapon!

Don't take that away from me!!!!!!!!!! :razz:
Yeah I seriously thought about the tournaments. They need to be upgraded not degraded. Maybe we can scratch up some ideas about making them better without really changing there format. I think it would be nice if some troops can have a combination of weapons instead of just 1 set of weapons. The player can switch up but the computer can't... hmm... I could make it so that the computer just has extra weapons from the start.... I'm not too sure right now.

I always liked the cultural diversity that is in the tournaments, the all horseback fights of the khergits etc. maybe we could increase the diversity of the tournaments in connection to the culture. Also perhaps an ability to 'command' your team... I know one annoyance I always found was that in the large team battles victory tended to go the the group that stayed together the most, if that was your team great, but if it was your team that decided to run in three different directions my fate was usually sealed. I wonder also if the team sizes could be culturally specific? for instance, the rhodoks, being quite a rule by consensus faction may enjoy watching large cooperative team battles, where as the swadians, antarians, and adenians, being more about morality/honour/powerful knights/sword masters etc may enjoy the 1 on 1, 2 on 2 personal combat more?

I kind of also like the idea of tournaments, as seen in the movie 'A Knights Tale' where competitors came to compete in various sub tournaments. The High Honour Money Tournament of the Jousting Lanes and the lesser tounaments of sword fighting, archery etc. ,aybe in the distant future something like this could be added.

I noticed that in the basic Arena matches you can now select your weapon of choice, which was a nice touch I thought. Maybe something like this could be added to the tournaments.

I always thought the tournaments were a great part of the game and I think they could be open to a lot of interesting features..... :grin:

Especially in the early/mid period of the game where you need to work on making a name for yourself, I always found a tour of the tourney circuit was a great boost to my characters honour/renown/relationships and of course bank account :grin:

Maybe even in the later 'kingdom' part of the game you could announce feasts festivals and games, to show off your kingdom and your own personal greatness :razz: as a way of promoting your 'right to rule' etc.

Oh another thought is that the tournaments could attract 'worthy companions' this thought just occured to me as I just completed a short tourny circuit tour but haven't found a single companion yet despite visting maybe 10-15 towns.. I know the companion fght in tournies when they are with you, so maybe it could be a way to find a collection of companions in the tavern, 'everyone is in town for the tournament.

These are all just ideas that have come to me off the top of my head :smile:

Glad to know I can rant about something in completely the wrong thread topic :razz: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Also a big fan of enhanced Tourney's and tho Ive said it elsewhere i'll repeat and add here:

-New arenas: Ok a huge project no doubt. Perhaps using an existing mod or community itself gets to work on building soem new and mighty scenes -at least for Captial cities.

-Grand Tourneys: Like said in above post, perhaps some tourneys could be special and maybe again, only Capital cities would facilitate them. Im envisioning these as a full armour, real weapon affair with higher stakes and potentially higher payoffs in terms of money/renown/item etc.. Would love to see option for real injury and or death for both player and AI lords who join with some longer term effects. Taking time to heal would force player to either pay big to be "rehabilitated" quicker or forced to hole up in town (similar to being imprisoned) until recovered -same for AI lords.

Daedelus_McGee said:
Halrik, have you written a mod?  How many hours have you spent developing your own mod?  How many hours have you spent helping other people with their mod's?  How many hours have you spent answering questions about your mod?  How many suggestions have you implemented in your mod? 

I really hate the anti-cheating stuff because it gets in the way of my test play of features.

But Computica has the right. He's earned it with his groundbreaking work on this mod and incredibly selfless help on other mods. 

Alright, I'm just going to come out and say this. I don't like you, at all. I never have, and probably never will, and have no respect for your opinions, remarks, or anything you say. There are very strong cultural and ideological differences between us, and the only way they could ever even theoretically be solved, would be in a drunken fistfight. The kind where you're already too drunk to have a clue who wins the fight, and since that's not likely to happen soon, to hell with you!

Now, that said (kindof ironic that I then use this argument xD ) I, and many others, consider it to be bad etiquette for modders to remove functionality of any sort, due to the reason of "It's my mod, you have to play it my way, regardless of your reasons." as it goes against the very heart of modding it's self... Which is taking a game that someone else made, and altering it to your own desires, because you want it to be the game that you want to play, your way.  As such, even though it may seem like a minor issue to many people, I take it as a slight against the very spirit of PC gaming! It's like you're turning into a US Politician. "FREEEEEEDOM! MOOOOORE! BETTER!" *gets into office* "Ah... secretary lady? Where's the 'oppress' button?" ~secretary lady "Sir, it's the big one on the desk"~  :evil: "BUTTON!" *smash button*

That and now I'm afraid to compete in any tournament that has horses, since at least one out of five times I do (I have no idea how often this happens... but it happens to me too much!) someone rides through the damn wall and I have to ctrl+F4 to be able to continue the damned game without reloading or forfeiting the match. Admittedly, I don't like most that rely on horses because I spend half of each round chasing someone in circles, but that's not the point!

For the record though, yes, I have. Hell, if trigger-maps count, I started on the 2nd PC game I ever bought, age of empires. Mostly strategy games though, like the Dominions series, and EU3, Vicky+Vicky2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for enhanced tourneys... -.- it needs a classical joust where we're in lanes, thrusting at one another with giant poles in an orderly fashion, to woo and impress prospects for mating.

("It's my mod, you have to play it my way, regardless of your reasons." as it goes against the very heart of modding it's self... Which is taking a game that someone else made, and altering it to your own desires, because you want it to be the game that you want to play, your way.)

Is it just me or is this an argument that contradicts iself in the same sentence?!?

Halrik it seems to me you need to go and take a game and change it to be the game that you want to play your way and embrace the spirit of modding that is making a game play your way......

Just like computica is embracing the spirit of modding by making a game to play his way, then all will have embraced the spirit of modding, making games that play the way they want and that way we all 'they' play a game our way "Wayhay!!"

I think I made myself dizzy.....

Halrik, Daedelus had a point, your in no position to DEMAND anything you can suggest it politely, explain your point of view but ultimatly computica has done an amazing job thus far and this is his adaptation of SoD.

If you dont like it your free to play something else or learn about modding so you can change it in your personal version ( given youd get the source codes ) but seeing the few post's you have made on this sub forum i doubt you would be polite enough to get there.

LibSpit said:
I always liked the cultural diversity that is in the tournaments, the all horseback fights of the khergits etc. maybe we could increase the diversity of the tournaments in connection to the culture. Also perhaps an ability to 'command' your team... I know one annoyance I always found was that in the large team battles victory tended to go the the group that stayed together the most, if that was your team great, but if it was your team that decided to run in three different directions my fate was usually sealed. I wonder also if the team sizes could be culturally specific? for instance, the rhodoks, being quite a rule by consensus faction may enjoy watching large cooperative team battles, where as the swadians, antarians, and adenians, being more about morality/honour/powerful knights/sword masters etc may enjoy the 1 on 1, 2 on 2 personal combat more?

I kind of also like the idea of tournaments, as seen in the movie 'A Knights Tale' where competitors came to compete in various sub tournaments. The High Honour Money Tournament of the Jousting Lanes and the lesser tounaments of sword fighting, archery etc. ,aybe in the distant future something like this could be added.

I noticed that in the basic Arena matches you can now select your weapon of choice, which was a nice touch I thought. Maybe something like this could be added to the tournaments.

I always thought the tournaments were a great part of the game and I think they could be open to a lot of interesting features..... :grin:

Especially in the early/mid period of the game where you need to work on making a name for yourself, I always found a tour of the tourney circuit was a great boost to my characters honour/renown/relationships and of course bank account :grin:

Maybe even in the later 'kingdom' part of the game you could announce feasts festivals and games, to show off your kingdom and your own personal greatness :razz: as a way of promoting your 'right to rule' etc.

Oh another thought is that the tournaments could attract 'worthy companions' this thought just occured to me as I just completed a short tourny circuit tour but haven't found a single companion yet despite visting maybe 10-15 towns.. I know the companion fght in tournies when they are with you, so maybe it could be a way to find a collection of companions in the tavern, 'everyone is in town for the tournament.

These are all just ideas that have come to me off the top of my head :smile:

Glad to know I can rant about something in completely the wrong thread topic :razz: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
froggyluv said:
Also a big fan of enhanced Tourney's and tho Ive said it elsewhere i'll repeat and add here:

-New arenas: Ok a huge project no doubt. Perhaps using an existing mod or community itself gets to work on building soem new and mighty scenes -at least for Captial cities.

-Grand Tourneys: Like said in above post, perhaps some tourneys could be special and maybe again, only Capital cities would facilitate them. Im envisioning these as a full armour, real weapon affair with higher stakes and potentially higher payoffs in terms of money/renown/item etc.. Would love to see option for real injury and or death for both player and AI lords who join with some longer term effects. Taking time to heal would force player to either pay big to be "rehabilitated" quicker or forced to hole up in town (similar to being imprisoned) until recovered -same for AI lords.
I like these ideas for the tourney events, it could really spice up gameplay. Now that I think about it, I can make it so that there are different types of tourneys, one where you have to use your own armor, one with no armor, one with preset heavy or light armor, and the default play style. Tournaments will need to be a bit more Varible also. I agree with you all the culture differences are necessary. I'll incorporate some of your ideas in the next release. Especially the cultural diversity which is very important.

Remember, the great thing about SOD:Warlords is that it is a scener's playground. Each town, village, and castle scene is individual from each other. They can each look different. So in a way I guess I can imagine one day for just about every scene to look different.

What the hell is this? I make one complaint about the mod after coming back from an absence, due to the release of a new version, and now groupies are popping up to ***** at me, without even reading (or at least attempting to comprehend) what I'm saying? Since when did this happen here?

Back
Top Bottom