HOW TO BRING "UNLIMITED CORPSES" BACK IN WARBAND 1.143 (IT WORKS PERFECTLY)

Users who are viewing this thread

Count Delinard

Lord of Uxkhal
Global Moderator
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION I MADE UP, IT WAS DISCOVERED BY "cmpxchg8b" AND THEN ORGANIZED BY "Exitialis "

I'M JUST CREATING A NEW POST WHICH WILL BE FROM EASY ACCESS TO PLAYERS... THIS WAY YOU DON'T HAVE TO FIND THE SOLUTION INSIDE PAGE THIRTY SOMETHING ON SOME MOD POST

IT TOTALLY WORKS, BROUGHT UNLIMITED CORPSES BACK TO MY WARBAND AND BASICLLY RESURRECTED MY GAME...

For people who might have problems installing I have written some quick instructions dedicated to the corpse modification only.

Install instructions:
1. Go to "http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151194.0.html" and download/follow the instructions

2. If you have vista, move your wse_settings.ini to your desktop.(move it back to the warband installation folder once you are done editing the file) (The reason you move it is because you can't change the file in the warband installation folder because of admin requirement nonsense)

3. Change this value in wse_settings.ini:
;max_corpses = 1000
to
max_corpses = 500
Removing the ";" to make the WSE read the command. (You can put whatever number you want but I recommend 500 for stability purposes, huge sieges end up with all the corpses this way so I think it's a pretty good limit)

4. Make a shortcut to the WSELoader.exe and put it where you have your warband shortcut.

5. Run the WSELoader shortcut and play the game!

This is how my wse_settings.ini looks like:
[wse]
;Path where WSE created files are stored (empty for default)
storage_path =

[log]
;Enables logging WSE events to a file
file = wse_log.txt

[memory_optimizer]
;Enable the memory optimizer for systems with low memory or large mods (experimental)
enabled = 0
;Threshold (in MB) after which the optimizer will activate
threshold = 500

[profiling]
;Enable the profiler
enabled = 0
;Flushes the profiling file stream every x sec (only flushes on exit if 0)
flush_interval = 0

[ogp_server]
;Enable the Open Game Protocol Server
enabled = 0
;Specifies the port on which OGP should listen
port = 22222

[limits]
;Limits server_set_max_num_players to x players
max_num_network_players = 250
;Overrides corpse limit
max_corpses = 500

i officialy reserve this spot once i test this  :grin:

edit 5 mins later :smile:

i confirm it.

this has made warband complete again for me.

we need to get this known about.

I so wish my PC could handle it, not sure why it cannot seeing as how it works perfectly fine for the original M&B and in theory should blow the specs out of the water for warband...

I do so miss looking over the field of battle once it was won and seeing corpses everywhere  :smile:

my comp is

2.71 ghz single core atholon
9400gt nividia 1gb ram on card
2gb of ram

if you have equal or better you should be able to run it np

i just get low fps if i have lots of soldiers on in 1 battle.

so i just reduce the amount of soldiers and kill for longer :smile:

i want your computer

YEEEEEEAH THANKS MATE!!!! A LOT!!!!!!!!! This is what i and my friends searched for a long time!!! Shame on the guy who deleted this option without giving a hint how to enable unlimited corpses again. We all have good PC's and can run it without problem, why removing an important option like this Taleworlds?! THANK FOR THIS THREAD!!! warband corpse sizer, corpse limiter, only for people who search for it, to find it quicklier with google =)

hirovard said:
I've made my valid points and supported this thread for months, I am just stating that they necroed a old thread

I didn't know about this at all until the necro, so Im grateful.

I would have gone insane without CMPX, haha, hes brilliant!
I just hated it before when bodies disappeared right infront of you, really brought immersion down to 0.

I just don't get why they even removed that option, it makes little sense. Those with weak computers could just have lowered their corpse setting...

Back
Top Bottom