Count's Artcorner/ Screenshots of finished items thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Porbably last British Spathas I'll do, getting bored of them  :smile:

sptahha.png

Count of Flanders said:
Porbably last British Spathas I'll do, getting bored of them  :smile:

sptahha.png

That is astonishing :eek: Thou must be one of those ancient blacksmiths empowered with magic skills! Put a line of gold in the inner edges of those two holes in the blade and that spear shall become legend.

I've tried finding a spear to retexture it into the one you requested, but sadly, as I'm not a modeler, I couldn't really find a fitting spear so I tried it with a boar spear and transparency, this is my best shot:

speare.png

It's not really, good, some trouble with places where you can see trough the model where you shouldn't be able to do that actually

Count of Flanders said:
I've tried finding a spear to retexture it into the one you requested, but sadly, as I'm not a modeler, I couldn't really find a fitting spear so I tried it with a boar spear and transparency, this is my best shot:

speare.png

It's not really, good, some trouble with places where you can see trough the model where you shouldn't be able to do that actually

That is very good as it is but, if I may give a sugestion, I think the saxon spear (I guess it have a different name in IR), the one with the wider spearhead, would be more fit for the purpose. You could adapt it the same way you did - and so well - with the boarspear. The original spear is from Ireland, if I'm not mistaken, and it had a golden wired work on the blade, a very beautiful item. Many thanks for doing it, man :grin:. I swear to you, honored blacksmith, that spear will take many enemies on my hands... :twisted:

I don't need spears though , especially saxon ones . Plus AI sux at using long spears .

Vympel said:
I don't need spears though , especially saxon ones . Plus AI sux at using long spears .

:wink:Saxon spear is just the name they gave the spear in Brytenwalda. In your mod it is called Langhasta, it's alreary in. Is not a long spear either. It's just that its spearhead matches the shape of the irish spear almost perfectly.

Aernuss said:
Vympel said:

:wink:Saxon spear is just the name they gave the spear in Brytenwalda. In your mod it is called Langhasta, it's alreary in. Is not a long spear either. It's just that its spearhead matches the shape of the irish spear almost perfectly.

Point is that I don't really need spears , theres plenty as is .

Vympel said:
Aernuss said:
Vympel said:

Point is that I don't really need spears , theres plenty as is .

I'm here to show support, not to annoy you. You're the boss!

You are a huge support Aernuss, it's nice to see some creative input, don't feel demotivated to suggest items though, this is partially what my thread is meant for, and last time I checked I'm tha boss in my corner :grin: got my personal message btw?

Count of Flanders said:
You are a huge support Aernuss, it's nice to see some creative input, don't feel demotived to suggest items though, this is partially what my thread is meant for, and last time I checked I'm tha boss in my corner :grin: got my personal message btw?

Ho no, not at all demotivated, I totally understand Vympel, there are more than enough spears in the game and some, like the 3 different gallic spears, are awesome. I just think that the player could have access to a special set of weapons, like in BW (where a nice special spear is also missing, but you can get a special axe - called My Wife - 5 special sword - Hrunting, Widow Maker, the Bandit King Sword and Thyr, plus the goidelic sword, and 3 or 4 different armour sets). A sword, spear, a shield and an armour set that the player can get only from competition prizes or from the special weaponsmiths that exist in some towns and can sell you stuff that is not on normal stores (you can only buy it if you have more than 700 renown) is, imho, a musthave.
I saw you pm, already answered :grin:

Count of Flanders said:
Hmm that would be a nice feature indeed, more custom weapons and armour always are a nice touch, especially in a way you described

Well, the feature is already in game, but it is kind of game breaking to go around 43 AD Britain with your celtic chieftain wearing a magnificent viking helmet or a giant germanic axe, or even a frankish mail armour. None of that existed at this time, and not in Britain, for sure. That spear was just a sugestion for an item that could replace the BW anglo-saxon ones, but there are plenty of options and I trust you guys will come up with pretty amazing stuff.
Keep on the good work. :grin:

Count of Flanders said:
Nice :smile: The scabard in the 8th picture doesn't seem shiny though, is the specualr applied? maybe I did something wrong with the normal, that can be the case too

I believe shadows still exist in the game the hand and sword block the light, anyways I am redoing all British weapons to be uber realistic now .

Back
Top Bottom