1866 Western mod _about permissions_

Users who are viewing this thread

baskonia

Veteran
In my opinion, would be very interesting to use uniforms and other materials from the 1866 mod.

Is this possible?  :grin:

The mod 1866, seems dead, it would be a pity that all this stuff, miss..... :roll: :sad:

All this material must be available to users of the game Mount and Blade.

EDIT by GABRILDURO:
Thx Bask for your post, and I answers down below as well.
But I want all of you to know that I did have a PMs exchange with 1866 ppl:

GABRILDURO said:
Sorry to bother you again, but did you get my last PM?  (pls see down below )
Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
Ok, thx Yell!  :grin:
Here we go we the most important things:
-All your sounds (I love them!  :cool: ....you did a great job there....and probably lost your voice yelleng all of them, huh? hahahaha :mrgreen: )
-The colt Rifle, Sharps Rifle, the Colt Walker, colt 1851, Le Mat, Spencer, Remington, -
-The HOLSTER for all pistols,
-the tepee
-western houses
-Carriage and stagecoach
-the indian horses
-cowboy hats and Federal kepi with white hankerhief
-animations to load guns and to die

THX very much for your kindness and help :wink:
Gabby

_May I also pls ask if I can open a Topic in your 1866 Forum in which I advertize my new 1860s Old America Mod? I d obviously give the great credit that you guys deserve and I would describe my work, as well.

yellowmosquito said:
GABRILDURO said:
Thank you very much for your kind and exaustive answer.
I am actually now running some very bad personal problems, in my real life, and modding is getting harder and harder... :???:.

In addition, I have 3 Mods being out (1755 /1776 / 1860s ) and working fine, but that still need much more work on them, expecially the 1860s one..... :???:

Back to the subject, please ...isn t it easier for you to just make a list of things that I am NOT allowed to use? Or, if easier, just the thing I am ALLOWED?

Because, the more I progress with things in 1860s, the more ideas i get and the more the temptation to use some issues of 1866 increases as well.... :oops:

Please download and try my Mods (expec. 1860s... :wink: ....but promise not to laugh too hard, ok??  :oops: :oops: ).
I d really like to see what you freely think about them.
I felt like starting some modifications, after I got so thrilled 1866....so I kind of feel I owe you guys a lot on my "motivations"...

Thx
Gabby

It's actually quite a bit harder for me to itemize all of our assets.  Tell me what you want to use, and I'll let you know if it is okay and/or who to ask.

ym

In my opinion, comatose patients are entitled to a dignified death..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The dead should donate their organs to the living and the dead mod, they should donate their materiality to the mod alive.

Makes sense, right?  :mrgreen:

For example, in the 1866 mod is very good Mexican uniforms for Republicans ...  :grin:

baskonia said:
In my opinion, comatose patients are entitled to a dignified death..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The dead should donate their organs to the living and the dead mod, they should donate their materiality to the mod alive.

Makes sense, right?  :mrgreen:

For example, in the 1866 mod is very good Mexican uniforms for Republicans ...  :grin:

ok pull the plug then
and be the who murdered the mod :lol:

seriously.... it's not dead... GAB already told you guys that he an his team are now focusing on the other mod right now, afther that they will slightly start on this again.

This mod is great AS IT IS, don't expect freaking patches everyweek  :mad:

Thank you,

have a good day
Gokiller

Hehehehe....actually ALL of you have a part of reason, my dear friends (you all!  :wink:) ....but nobody seem to remember I did contact them (Highlander and Yellowmosquito) and they were kind but after some PMs I got no final permission...or actually not a completely "clear" one.... :???:

MY PMs to 1866 Developers:
GABRILDURO said:
Sorry to bother you again, but did you get my last PM?  (pls see down below )
Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
Ok, thx Yell!  :grin:
Here we go we the most important things:
-All your sounds (I love them!  :cool: ....you did a great job there....and probably lost your voice yelleng all of them, huh? hahahaha :mrgreen: )
-The colt Rifle, Sharps Rifle, the Colt Walker, colt 1851, Le Mat, Spencer, Remington, -
-The HOLSTER for all pistols,
-the tepee
-western houses
-Carriage and stagecoach
-the indian horses
-cowboy hats and Federal kepi with white hankerhief
-animations to load guns and to die

THX very much for your kindness and help :wink:
Gabby

_May I also pls ask if I can open a Topic in your 1866 Forum in which I advertize my new 1860s Old America Mod? I d obviously give the great credit that you guys deserve and I would describe my work, as well.

yellowmosquito said:
GABRILDURO said:
Thank you very much for your kind and exaustive answer.
I am actually now running some very bad personal problems, in my real life, and modding is getting harder and harder... :???:.

In addition, I have 3 Mods being out (1755 /1776 / 1860s ) and working fine, but that still need much more work on them, expecially the 1860s one..... :???:

Back to the subject, please ...isn t it easier for you to just make a list of things that I am NOT allowed to use? Or, if easier, just the thing I am ALLOWED?

Because, the more I progress with things in 1860s, the more ideas i get and the more the temptation to use some issues of 1866 increases as well.... :oops:

Please download and try my Mods (expec. 1860s... :wink: ....but promise not to laugh too hard, ok??  :oops: :oops: ).
I d really like to see what you freely think about them.
I felt like starting some modifications, after I got so thrilled 1866....so I kind of feel I owe you guys a lot on my "motivations"...

Thx
Gabby

It's actually quite a bit harder for me to itemize all of our assets.  Tell me what you want to use, and I'll let you know if it is okay and/or who to ask.

ym

But I see those ppl aren t on the Forum often, and lately havent been on it for weeks.
Sure we can work on what we have and improve it..
...but my only modeler, now, ALAN, is as busy as Obama as President  :twisted:.....working at ..1776
+1860s
+ his own Mods 1945 and French Revolution
+ a new project with some Team Members
....and also helping as he can, Poomtang in his 19th century Mod
:shock:

I cannot ask more help to poor Alan, and many things I asked about 1860s were left behind, see?
I offered a Modeller place in my Bunch to very talented Harry, of Gonzo Mod, but talking to him about working together got to a transactio "Berlusconi" kind....so I just said to him good luck with his Mod.  :neutral:

I tell you guys: things will go better if and when ALAN will have full time to help me with 1860s, ....or when another supporter of us will help as new talented Modeller!  :wink:

Gabby
Ps thx to all of you for full support and affection! :cool:

von Afton said:
could you tell what programs i need for this and i will learn them
You are so nice, really.... :wink:
But it would take a looooot of time to get to ALAN s level.
If you want, there are many tutorials just learning on how to import textures and meshes in the Mod.
This is my old friend Crumbs:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2814

After that, some teach you how to actually "model".

Dellivis got to a good level about the first one, and I m sure he could help you to start.
Also Alan could help you in step 2, modelling.

But then is all about your will to invest a lot of time attempting to accomplishing things.... :cool:

I sincerlyapreciate your efforts, though, and I d love to see you progress and improve in that

Gabby

transactio "Berlusconi" kind....so I just said to him good luck with his Mod.  :neutral:

You mean he started demanding brown paper envelopes and bringing young women around to his house for "hot tub" parties where he "may have slipped them some cash"? :razz:

tigershark said:
transactio "Berlusconi" kind....so I just said to him good luck with his Mod.  :neutral:

You mean he started demanding brown paper envelopes and bringing young women around to his house for "hot tub" parties where he "may have slipped them some cash"? :razz:
HAHAHAHA.....that was funny!!  :lol:
Well, actually....some days later, and thinking about it, I admire HARRY and think he is doing fine.
I did act differently and helped for free so many  ppl  untill some weeks ago, ppl that sent me a PM to ask for help or permissions, or to modify my Mods .....
Anybody can make a "Gabrilduro s Submod" of my creations, with my full permission.
And I even helped out some players that wanted to start a mod themselves....
Well, they ALL failed or disappeared!   :roll:
....and I just lost so much time and on some cases, not even got a final "THX"....

I think Harry is doing fine: He gives you one thing in order to get another   :wink:
Gab

YEESSSS!!!!  Got permission on 1866,  on a very very special note!​

I thk so much the 1866 staff and expecially YM for being so nice and generous!  :wink:

I will add him in the Credit list, and ALL names that are in 1866 (I am fanatic for deep crediting!! )....

Actually, this will be a project in which not just a "Team" will help me, Gabrilduro,
.... but since my free time went very low, lately,  :cry: .....a whole big group of volonteers will do something, each person....and I called them Gabby' s Bunch (remember Butch Cassidy and his Wild Bunch??  :twisted: )

Not enough words to say how kind and generous you were, my friend....really!!!

There is no way that we will make a Masterpiece as you guys did....but we will do our real best, you can bet !!!  :wink:

THX again and so much!!

Gabby

von Afton said:
drooling like never before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Hey there!!! ....I was wandering were you went!!  :mrgreen:
So .....enough time to help out in this new Quest ??  :cool:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211648.0.html
Gab :wink:

Ciao Harry.
Late, but still welcome, posting here!  :wink:
I confirm: you are doing fine and I admire greatly your work. It all looks wanderful!!  :shock:

That is it.
No "lame" acting or anything....just purely complimenting you.
And I wish you good luck with your Mod, hope you wll add an american character like Quigley (I loved that movie!!  :mrgreen: )...and if you agree, I can freely advertize your Mod, letting you to open a Topic about YOUR Mod in this forum, adding a link  so that ppl will see ypor progress. :cry:

Gabby

PS....never mind....too bad the Australian Mod is dead....I really loved the project.... :cry:

I want once again to celebrate the incredible work that was put in 1866!!!!
I m working hard on converting things from old M&B version of 1866 to my new 1860s OA project and....jeeeeess.... :shock:

....so much stuff and soooo much work done by Hifghlander, Yellowmosquito and ALL the many guys that helped completely for free on 1866!!!

THAT had to be a M&B Official Expansion to pay for, I tell you!  :twisted:

Hats down once again....and going back to my humble work and Mod.... :oops:

Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
I want once again to celebrate the incredible work that was put in 1866!!!!
I m working hard on converting things from old M&B version of 1866 to my new 1860s OA project and....jeeeeess.... :shock:

....so much stuff and soooo much work done by Hifghlander, Yellowmosquito and ALL the many guys that helped completely for free on 1866!!!

THAT had to be a M&B Official Expansion to pay for, I tell you!  :twisted:

Hats down once again....and going back to my humble work and Mod.... :oops:

Gabby
I totally support this. If something should have been released as DLC or expansion to pay for, then it was 1866 mod. It seems that devs overlooked huge base of fans and players of wild west mods/movies. Maybe 1860's will have better luck, who knows... :smile:

Edit: Either way, as said before I'm glad that this mod got permission to use remarkable work of yellowmosquito and his team.

P.S. And Gab, try to avoid posting so much western movies links, I always want to watch some immediately. :razz:

Hahahaha....they are addicting, those movies huh??  :twisted:
....and some so well done, even if historically not perfect...  :???:

Have a look at this loooong page I felt like writing  :oops:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228596.msg5515226.html#msg5515226

Gab

PS..I will NEVER ever make 1/3 of the beauty of 1866 for many reasons, but basically cuz I m not as good as modder and I don t have smth like 30 experienced ppl helping me like they did.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

SeanBeansShako said:
GABRILDURO could you possibly come to an agreement with Europe 1805 so some of the facial, head hair and skins could be used for said mod?
oh, but I m not the developer nor I owe any of this 1866 mod items and issues.
I got only permission on using it.
You need to ask Highlander or Yellowmosquito...
I m sorry.

Jimmitheking said:
Captured Joe said:
If you have WB, you can still play Gabrilduro's 1860s Old America mod; Gabrilduro got permission to use many items from 1866 in his mod. AFAIK, those will be used in the latest version, which is still being tested, but will become available for everyone to download once testing is complete.
I know, but Gabrilduro's 1860s Old America mod isnt 1866 :sad:
I mean, i love Gabrilduro's work, but i find some of his stuff to be kinda... chaotic.
I mean no offense off course, just sayi'n if i'd have to choose between original 1866 and 1860s Old America, i'd definitivly pick 1866!
Still, keep up the good work Gab :grin:

I always said that 1866 was and still is a  M A S T E R P I E C E !!!
alabaman said:
What are the differences?

Auldman said:
This mod has the American Civil War and the Mexican War with France. 1866, while an exceptional mod, does not cover that territory and also does not cover as large a map.
1866 has a unique grandious style that we will never reach.
I also tried to ask for some permissions on their mod, but got no answer till now  :???:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,166156.msg4718018.html#msg4718018

Well, also 1860s is a WB single player (and potentially MP) Mod, while 1866 is old M&B Sp and WB just SP.
1860s is now the FIRST western Mod on WarBand :wink:
...and if HIGHLANDER, YELLOWMOSQUITO, or any other Main developer of the GREAT 1866 Mod would make suddenly a new version for Warband, well....I d be the 1st one wanting to play it...NO doubts!  :cool:

But....things are a little different, unfortunately.
I don t see them on this Thread since a long time....and they clearly said that there is NOT a plan for a WB version, right?
Also, Yellowmosquito is not even answering to some kind invitation I made on my 1860s Forum, nor he is answering to questions that were sent with a PM from me and HINKEL (another great Modder that atm is on N&S Mod for NW).

So finally....all U have is this old Italian, that made such a fullofissues Bunch of Mods...that might seem CAOTHIC, right?  :???:
And in a way I agree with U .
Modding on SP (Single Player) for WB is an incredible and un-human work, expecially if U do a Full Convertion Musket MOD!!
Much less work is a MP only Mod: still a big commitment, but not even comparable.
....and my son is telling me lately:
"Why don t we make more Mods, but just MP ...and maybe with Custom Battles for SP ? Dad, ppl just like to fight. Who cares of all that going around, talking, mission etc etc ...that just drives U crazy to modify??!! ".
SMART KID, my son, huh?!  :wink:

Anyway, MP or /and expecially SP Modding, is like making a child and ...becoming a MOTHER!
U cannot understand what all that means and involves, UNLESS...U also are a mother.
....players are just like the "father": all they did was to "play" their part, before and after,...and ....helping, or even just visiting (...in some cases..) the Mother(/Modder) and the Baby, when they can/want. 
Got what I mean?  :twisted:

Gabby

PS....Click on my Signature Pic to get to my Mods forums, in case U guys want to know more/discuss on this issue.  :wink:
Let s thk the 1866 Devs for their FREE and GREAT work done, once again... but thx and gratz are NEVER enough!   :cool:

insomniac said:
hehe highlander and YM are in the game. You must be an admirer of developers of 1866. I wonder if penis colada somewhere there.

...I think that U are the only one that didn t know about that... :neutral:
Not only an admirer of 1866...but a huge supporter of the work they did and glad of the humanity that they showed.

Read more about my past posts and U will see how I always and strongly credited ALL the ppl that helped me in any way...EXPECIALLY those that were kind to me.
I have small patience with arrogants and snobs but fortunately, the more important and helpful as modders/artists they were, the more simple and genuine people they were...

I had more problems with those that helped for a couple of minute...and then claimed to be the Masters of my Mods... :shock:
And still, I get easily irritated with some smart dudes that hang around and state only criticisms...without having ANY modding skills...  :???:

Instead, great people like:
Idibil, Yellowmosquito Highlander; Shredzorz, Celestialred, Azhroo, Crumbs, Alan, Auldman, Rockwell, Toxic Nova, etc etc...they all were extremely nice, friendly and helpful...and deserved the most honorable place in my Mods (in my opinion) becoming my needed Companions  :cool:

Tons of other friends, Supporters ...or people that we all owe a lot for M&B...are Merchants, Town Mayors, Village Elders...etc etc.

Gratitude is a must, in my opinion.
And is what I teach to my kids.

Once again...thx  A LOT TO  ALL PPL THAT HELPED ME IN ANY WAY AND ANY TIME.

I keep U all in my heart.

Gab
PS...yes, check in the Mod. Colada is the Weapon Special Merchant...and even U are in the game...for the great work that U did in 1866.
It was actually u tha never replied to the PMs that I sent to all 1866 Developers, time ago...and U never lurked around my Threads, before. Thing that I m glad U are doing now.  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom