Bugs/Suggestions Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to make two suggestions. The first is that the battle map geography of Southern England be flattened out, because I seem to get exageratedly hilly battle maps in some of the flattest parts of Britain, also hilly maps are just not that fun when tactical choices are extremely important in this mod, again from a realistic point of view large scale pictched battles were usually fought on the flattest available ground anyway unless we are talking about an ambush or something. Secondly, I suggest you make the facial hair of the British tribesmen more uniform,  being that the British Celts would appear like the Gauls to have exlusively sported moustaches. "They wear their hair long, and have every part of their body shaved except their head and upper lip." It would at first glance seem to be stereotyping or unrealistic to assume that the Celts only had moustaches and no other form of facial hair, but when you consider that we are speaking about an iron age tribal society that put massive imprortance on outward appearance or cultural signifiers as all societies then did, and when we stop applying our modern concept of individualism to the Celts then it becomes quite obvious that they must have perhaps been as uniform as the Roman ethnographers and generals of the day stated. To make a distinction I would say that this custom of spiked hair and moustache combo, present in coinage and the statue of "The Dying Gaul", had it's origins in Gaullic culture and the areas furthest from Gaul must have had adhered to Gaullish customs the least, the Gaelic homelands of Ireland and Scotland. Whereas the Britons nearest to Gaul and those who travelled between the two places must been influenced by Gaullish customs a lot. Evidence of the Gaelic attitude towards facial hair is present in this article
http://irishfireside.com/2011/08/25/all-about-that-celtic-hair/
that states "It was considered disgraceful to cut short one’s hair or beard." "However, for practical reasons tradesmen were not permitted to have full beards and some , according to the Geisi Ulchai, or Prohibitions of Beard, were even expected to shave once a month. The better your position in society the bigger your beard it seems." Contrast this love of beards with Caesar's Britons and their shaven cheeks. Here another account of Gaulic custom, "Some of them are cleanshaven, but others - especially those of high rank, shave their cheeks but leave a moustache that covers the whole mouth and, when they eat and drink, acts like a sieve, trapping particles of food." So in closing level out some of the battle map geography within realism and perhaps where the purpose of fun is perhaps more important. Make the Celtic tribes more uniform by giving them mustaches, except when it comes to the Irish and Scottish tribes because they were not influenced by Gaullish culture, the mustache in this youtube video seems to look the best at 6:28 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiDclCewwOU. Also get rid of those bald tribesmen because that doesn't seem to be very accurate when speaking about a people who so valued their hair, although that small tuft of hair at the front hairstyle does have a very martial and authentic quality to it. Anyway those are my suggestions. GREAT MOD.

Yeah I already know about these two issues but implementing them is easier sad then done , mustache and spiked hair could be incorporated later when I find appropriate spiked hair models . Good suggestions anyways , I do like when someone contributes  :mrgreen:.

Yes I understand it must be a mind numbing and time consuming task to make those kinds of adjustments. In my own experience with playing I have found what works right now for creating that spiked/slicked back look for my Briton character is to either use the short spiked hair, or that slicked back slightly long hair with the prominent widows peek, ofcourse it's not properly Celtic but it gets the job done. The way your mod plays out it must be one of the best Roman ones on here and good choice of music, may I also suggest some of the Braveheart soundtrack, perhaps "Freedom, The Execution Bannockburn", "The Battle of Stirling" "Sons of Scotland", I mean anything off the Braveheart soundtrack would probably fit, although musicially those would tend to give a simpathetic quality to the Celts which someone playing as a Roman probably wouldn't want, although a track like "Revenge" is fairly ambiguous.  Brytenwalda is also by far one of the best mods. Just curious, being that you're Russian where does your apparent fascination with British history come from, being that it's such a far flung place from Russia, and Russia also being a place that has an illustrious history in its own right?

My decision was solely based on Brytenwalda mod , I liked it due to its complexity and innovative features no other mod fit my requirements and since it is based in Britain I decided to invade it with Romans . Russian history fascinates me greatly but it would be too much work to actually do what I want since I have to start from scratch , my dream would be making a mod based on Suvorov's campaigns in Poland , Turkey , Italy and Swiss Alps . I already made a mod for Napoleon Total war anyways  :mrgreen:

Vympel said:
My decision was solely based on Brytenwalda mod , I liked it due to its complexity and innovative features no other mod fit my requirements and since it is based in Britain I decided to invade it with Romans . Russian history fascinates me greatly but it would be too much work to actually do what I want since I have to start from scratch , my dream would be making a mod based on Suvorov's campaigns in Poland , Turkey , Italy and Swiss Alps . I already made a mod for Napoleon Total war anyways  :mrgreen:

If you ever start a mod based on Suvorob's campaigns...count me interested haha

Такой вопрос по навыкам, при лимите щита в 3- кнопка отключается, При других лимитах в 5 -кнопка и дальше работает, можно гнать дальше.Так что больше 5 уже  нет смысла?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Such question on skills, at the limit of shield in 3 - the button becomes disconnected, At other limits in 5 -кнопка works and farther, it is possible to drive farther.So that more than 5 already  is not there sense?

vasul said:
Такой вопрос по навыкам, при лимите щита в 3- кнопка отключается, При других лимитах в 5 -кнопка и дальше работает, можно гнать дальше.Так что больше 5 уже  нет смысла?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Such question on skills, at the limit of shield in 3 - the button becomes disconnected, At other limits in 5 -кнопка works and farther, it is possible to drive farther.So that more than 5 already  is not there sense?

Kakaoi "лимит" ? Ty o chem govorish ? Shield requirements ?

power_throw_desc|Each point to this skill increases throwing damage by 10%%.Max Level 5 (Personal skill)

power_strike_desc|Each point to this skill increases melee damage by 8%%. Max Level 5 (Personal skill)
Как понять что больше  нельзя?
But more is possible?

vasul said:
power_throw_desc|Each point to this skill increases throwing damage by 10%%.Max Level 5 (Personal skill)

power_strike_desc|Each point to this skill increases melee damage by 8%%. Max Level 5 (Personal skill)
Как понять что больше  нельзя?
But more is possible?

skl_power_throw Power_Throw 0 8(Ot 0 do maximum 8 mogno povushati) Each_point_to_this_skill_increases_throwing_damage_by_10%%.Max_Level_8_(Personal_skill)
skl_power_strike Power_Strike 0 8(Ot 0 do maximum 8 mogno povushati) Each_point_to_this_skill_increases_melee_damage_by_8%%._Max_Level_8_(Personal_skill)

Vympel, some sugestions:

1- british charriots. The britons were the last celts in western europe to use charriots in battle. So, you really must model a nice charriot or ask Count for one and then do an animation for them (or ask Adorno).
2- you need new scenarios for the arenas, the ones in BW are unrealistic for 43 AD.
3- Get rid of the monasteries asap as of any mention to christianity, that was unknown by that time.
4- change the items we can get from the special armourers and from tournaments to weapons in use at the time.

Great mod, can´t stop playing it.

Hi,
First: congrats on a great mod, awesome.

I get some red script error messages that i'd like to share.
It wouldn't bother me that much, but for some reason I loose all items in my inventory and most of my cash right after the "sound of coins"
I have the save right before it happens (can upload).
I wonder if it has something do do with these script error messages, or am I just being robbed ?  :evil:

Here are the screens with the errors and list of the troops:

WB 1.143
battle size 300
Installed patch no problem, New game , Imported main character
starting army: Legio Augusta full size.
what else ?

I do not know exactly if this was posted already, but I am facing a complete inventory wipe almost every week in game.

Secondary, when I have chosen chamberlain or witnessed first special event, i get no news anymore, like what is happening, or the casualty messages in battles.

any fix to this yet??

additional:

sometimes when entering battles, normal options do not appear.

recent example: faced a roman caravan with 49 troops with my own ( mixed briton forces ) 69 strong one and only had the option to surrender??

Jakuta Khan said:
I do not know exactly if this was posted already, but I am facing a complete inventory wipe almost every week in game.

Secondary, when I have chosen chamberlain or witnessed first special event, i get no news anymore, like what is happening, or the casualty messages in battles.

any fix to this yet??

additional:

sometimes when entering battles, normal options do not appear.

recent example: faced a roman caravan with 49 troops with my own ( mixed briton forces ) 69 strong one and only had the option to surrender??

grom64 said:
Hi,
First: congrats on a great mod, awesome.

I get some red script error messages that i'd like to share.
It wouldn't bother me that much, but for some reason I loose all items in my inventory and most of my cash right after the "sound of coins"
I have the save right before it happens (can upload).
I wonder if it has something do do with these script error messages, or am I just being robbed ?  :evil:

Here are the screens with the errors and list of the troops:

WB 1.143
battle size 300
Installed patch no problem, New game , Imported main character
starting army: Legio Augusta full size.
what else ?

You two using the patch #1  ? Do you launch the game through ImperiumRomanum(UC).exe ?

Vympel said:
You two using the patch #1  ? Do you launch the game through ImperiumRomanum(UC).exe ?

Yes patch #1 installed and  I don't use ImperiumRomanum(UC).exe
corpses set to 40 iirc

I checked my previous saves and it looks like error messages started popping out after i hired some "Murchurn" to my party.
But maybe it's just coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom