NOVICIUS THREAD - REDS ARE BACK!

Do you enjoy fighting in PW MOD (this to be compered with native)

• Yes. It is all the same for me like in other mods

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • No.I lag in critical moments.

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I do not understand what is the issue here (please comment)

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Persistent World trailer?

This should be the soundtrack ===> [/url]http://youtu.be/-bKoF7mML-I

TARDIS said:
Persistent World trailer?

This should be the soundtrack ===>

http://youtu.be/-bKoF7mML-I

You messed up link  :wink:

I fought about something more epic. Maybe something can be done for M-Day (merge). I am still in practising stage with movie making. Maybe somebody is more skillfull.

As it was said we need "Movie Making Event" unless somebody will make compilation of life action.

For a movie you need more then a fat mob, you need a story, heroes, anthagonists.
So, recording an event s only a small part if you want to make a movie. (Or did you define "Movie" as 2 minute advertisement clip for the mod that shows a few cool scenes? i thought of "movie" as in "movie")

I am a pretty good at directing. If you need a director pm me. I am actually working on a diffrent movie but I can do this easily I just need someone with a computer camera.

Mercenaries idea

it is quite simple....

You can hire anybody for any purpose. As a base you use steam.

Example: you want to play and establish your faction, You need serfs, soldiers, eng, doc and so on... Your usual friends are not there. You made some money to start thing going.You want to play but everybody seams to be out of order on the server you play.

Then is time for Mercenary:

Every merc should give his steam name/his favorite profession/his lowest position for which he can be bothered.

Example again:

sir Red de Mon
steam: NOVICIUS
favorite professions:
1.man at arms/on horse -  20K + salary
2.eng - 5k
3.serf - 1K [if food making = salary]

Steam massage should look like:
Hi, I need serf, I pay 1.5K, server EU,faction Red Faction, now...interested?

Benefits:
You play when you have time to do so. You play exact role you are asked to play.You can build your reputation on it.You can populate server by doing so....

Negative:
We need data base to be build up. Sort of Hall of Fame of my old but more exact. Every regular/semi regular player with whom you can talk to [not random randoming one :wink:] should be registered in some way.

Idea is fresh but good one.

It's actually a very good idea but it will have to be integrated within PW and it would also require a larger playerbase. Somewhere around 500 or more.

Edit:+50 points for first post on page 4!

I dont like the idea of getting spammy amounts of messages on steam  if im not in game, id rather there be a merc buying area on a map where you go if you need services or a job.

You have option in steam to put your self off if you need to.

This idea is just another way to get straight to action for players who do not have time or will to play all the time.

NOVICIUS said:

This idea is just another way to get straight to action for players who do not have time or will to play all the time.

why should i go offline for 1 group? i have a large number of friends over other games etc.
im also worried this would kill the ingame recruiting as you would do it over steam and skip the ingame rp

Phoenix234 said:
NOVICIUS said:

why should i go offline for 1 group? i have a large number of friends over other games etc.
im also worried this would kill the ingame recruiting as you would do it over steam and skip the ingame rp
Trufax. Never thought about this. Although maybe you can have it like some merc guild where you pay the guild for one of its mercs to use.

I guess all players who would like to participate would have to be in some kind of guild or at least forum registry thread.

Idea came to me when I asked (in steam) Leroy to rescue me from the island on which I stuck for 1 hour. It all become "the Quest for G" adventure and it was fun.
Leroy have not played for ages but he pop in for that one mission. A lot of my old friends would not mind to pop in from time to time. They do pop in and then they quit because of lack of time to play from the beginner position. Offering them money to start and task to accomplish would encourage more vets to take part in game.

I was thinking about admin "sponsorship" but this seams really unfair. Mercenary idea is private initiative.

I have notice that a lot of people play using TS so real "in game" RP almost not exist. In fact steam chat is another form of TS.

I do not think so that it would change the way you recruit players in game. Majority of players is not active in forum or steam at all. It is possible to recruit some guys you never heard of and create faction. I have done it but it took me almost 3 hours. Non of this guys was good enough (sorry) to trust him with mission or task. They were generally get together under my banner to fight others.

Mercenary Idea is based on the concept that you can hire any one you need at the moment to improve performance of your guild/faction. It could be just trusted friend to be second in command or it could be simple serf who would make sure that for one hour your soldiers would have something to eat plus in that hour he will train two other serfs how to make food. It could be good mediator who will make peace with others or it could be great siege expert.

Possibilities are endless...

It is not my intention to make steam the way to play game...

It is my idea to bring players to the game for 1 or 2 hours per day in which they can improve general performance of the server.

Maybe set up a merc buying area or merc guild where people can meet if they want to hire a player for a task?
keep it ic is better i think, steam would kill the atmosphere

For me personally atmosphere died with TS become more popular than chat. On old RCC was mumble but it was only for RCC. Now on every server you have TS and you can play for hours when players do not talk(chat) to you. I have no idea why we have improved chat when some players do not use it at all.

You need TS in deathmatches were there is no time to talk but for what reason it is in PW?..no clue.

NOVICIUS said:
You need TS in deathmatches were there is no time to talk but for what reason it is in PW?..no clue.
Too lazy to type? It makes things easier, though -as you said- reduces the reliance on in-game interaction methods (chat/body language).

I don't prefer to use TS3, this usually leads to the whole faction organizing their attacks on TS3, and me realizing that there's an attack going on after they win their war/coincidence.

I believe that chat (typing) represent reality in some way. When you met stranger you do not talk freely straight away. You usually take your time...

My favorite part of chat is that for few second player I talk to stand still. The most annoying thing for me in this game is people who swing, ride/ walk around you and generally act like psychopats

I am not going to win attention with "erotic RP" :lol: but if somebody think that idea of "steam" mercenaries is good and like to participate in it let me know before I drop it to archive of brillant forgottren Novicius ideas which have to be re-invented by somebody else to work....

IMO This is nothing importand... I just have to put some ideas in writing for another day. This thread is my big notebook as I always struggle to find importand things in this forum. Some ideas die as soon thread is moving to 3rd (or further page) and then come back again when new guy will post them..again..

I am steering and thinking about this map:

mb18.jpg

When it was slowly created for v3 it meant to be ultimate trading map as v3 was all about trade. I had that concept in which marshant who would just circle the map buying and selling would constantly make money.

In v4 things are different but I am trying to make the very same concept possible.

Lets change "marchant" to "trading company"

_________

[perfect]"Trading company":
- serf - who can drive "the trading cart"[TC]
- eng - who can work with resources
- investor - it could be anyone who has money to start the business
- guards - absolutely necessary

One serf with TC is enough for this example. He will trade with resources which will be placed/produced on the map. Because there is no many resources at this point which are tradeable I have to use all of them:

resources:
-iron
-wood
-silver
-gold
________

It seams obvious that silver and gold are the most profitable one..but...it does not have to be that way...

Imagine island with plenty of gold and silver but with only ONE TREE....The Tree would be priceless on that particular island. The gold and silver would be useless. Gold and silver has value as long is rare and ppl desire to have one.

OK.

Lets go back to the map...
________

Locations:
Redmont Castle (where volcano is)
- [mine inside of vulcano] - to be made
-village
-workshop
Liongard Castle (snowy)
- [fishing village and workcamp - to be made]
- [mine - to be made]
Tidrock Castle (middle/east on The Rock)
- workshop inside [to be made]
Monastery (middle/west)
- mine in caves labyrinth [to be made]
The Town (obvious)
- [workshops - to be made]
Desert Castle (no name, no significant so far..bandit hideout as things stand - in my head- at the moment)
- village [probably just food - winyard to be exact]

----------------------------

What I did like about v3 it was a choice:
- you can travel and make more money
- you can stay where you are and make less money

In v4 it is possible when:

Serf get payed for work and he does not own resources he get. When serf take resource on travel to trade them (like he own them) then he become a marchant. If he does not have money (he is not investor) to create "trading company" [check above] he put his life and his goods at risk which could be not worth the price...but lets leave it for now.

How to do that?
By playing with percentage mapmaker can change price of everything. [I have to do more experimants on that but I know it is possible]. Mapmaker can find price of serf work and place stockpile close to workcamp. In this way it does not matter if serf cut wood  or mine gold. As long he stay in the same location he get the same money for his work.

How to trade?
Simply moving resources from one location to another.

Lets go back to my map:

mb18.jpg

Locations and resources:

Redmont Volcano's mine - gold nuggets
Liongard mine - silver nuggets
Tidrock forest [it will be from castle on the east to river bank on the west] lumberjack - wood
Monastery cave mines - iron ore
The Town -BUYS EVERYTHING!!! (best price)

Possible trade rout:
TC(trading cart or trading company) can buy silver nuggets in (1)Liongard; sell them in (2)Tidrock (you can carry on to the town but once you sell something money are yours..innit?), buy wood and go to (3)The Town (which is desperate for wood)
-if you have eng in TC you can refine silver nuggets to silver bars and sell them with Huge profit in Town.
-..but you need guards...
-..and you need somebody(sponsor) who pay all this people

And I am back to Perfect Trade Company

but wait...

If you start in point 2(Tidrock) and you have eng in TC you can actually buy silver nuggets, turn them to silver bars and still make profit in The Town...

This is concept in the development stage. Possibilities are endless...

Concept of trade with silver and gold is impossible. There is no stockpile for silver and gold nuggets. We are limited to iron and wood... :sad: and  maybe flour sack.

I checked possibilities of flour sack trade...

It is possible to create alternative way of money making and create very realistic simulation of medieval world.

If we imagine (100% simulation is not possible at the moment due to lack of stockpiles) that everybody have to eat and that the base for any food is grain then we see that every town/castle/village should be supply with basic resource.

How this should work(my map example):

"North" of my map look like good agriculture area particularly in the valley next to Redmont Castle (Volcano). This valley should produce grain which can be refine to the flour sacks. This should be saleable in all other settlements with prices dippend on distance and accessibility.
The highest price should be in the Town because of deserted area as well as big population.
The lowest price should be in Redmont Castle obviously.

How this would effect gameplay?

Flour sack stockpile can be used to make food for soldiers. Lord of the castle should have task to not only pay his soldiers but more importantly feed them. He can take out (buy) flour sack and give it to the serf so he can make bread or ale from it. In time of peace serfs can just sell grain to the castle. In time of war they should hide them selves within castle walls and make food for soldiers.

Obviously more aggressive lord could just send soldiers to rob the village, but in this way village would be quickly abandon.

If you have any other ideas how to trade with resources it would be great to hear it from you...

General map project(blueprint)

Map:

4 castles
4 villages (2 section in everyone - 1 food/1 production)
4 ports (4 exports)
2 mines [iron]
2 woodlands [wood]
2 silver mines
1 gold mine

General concept:

- Map should focus on territorial control which will give advantages to a faction.
- Castles should be almost unconquerable without gathering massive resources and big army = siege
- Territorial expansion should give a faction extra profit. = more chests controlled by faction
- Taking resources "extra mile" should be profitable = trade
- Players should "make money" (literally) = mince which buying silver and gold [I am waiting for Vornne to introduce extra stockpiles which make it possible]
- Commoners are part of stock for every faction to use = no military training for commoners; no faction training for serfs

How this works? [goal]:

A faction can be set up in one of castles by player who train as soldier.
1. 1st goal of faction is to secure villages - make them work for faction = make weapons/sell iron or wood to local stockpiles= creating income in village chest
[village chest - will be located in village tower which is capturable - acces to village chest will be restricted to lord of faction which control village tower]
2. goal of faction is optional:
a) [deffensive] secure faction existence  - get us much food and weapons [and money :roll:] in castle chests [armory is not crafting/selling point but more like storeroom] to be sure that once soldier die he can resupply without going to the village which can be controlled by enemy
b) [offensive] attack and capture other faction [or maybe no faction] villages to get more money from villages towers chests and take resources out of enemy reach.
3. final attempt to conquer enemy castle - this would require in this map project engineers and ships as castle meant to be real medieval castles which only crazy man would attack or man supported by overwhelming numbers = it would be easier to "starve" deffenders than kill them in assault. Supply lines would be essential for a success or some true outstanding warriors.

Why?
To take PW to another level of M&B warfare. To embrace teamwork Vornne intended. To make game more stable without "castle wars" which really should be called "castle rides". If we can play "Castle Wars" lets make it real... and finnaly to introduce territorial concept of faction which I always wanted to be put in game.

This is just a blue print.
I am more than happy if I inspire someone to make map on base of it.
If you need my comment on some of ideas do not hesitate. I have whole concept in my head but writing in English is still difficult for me. It is always a challenge to put something here which will be understandable for you guys. I do try.... :roll:

Back
Top Bottom