NOVICIUS THREAD - REDS ARE BACK!

Do you enjoy fighting in PW MOD (this to be compered with native)

• Yes. It is all the same for me like in other mods

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • No.I lag in critical moments.

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I do not understand what is the issue here (please comment)

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

For the second point - perhaps not completely peaceful as there would be dozens of people in the event and it's highly unlikely al of them will be hardcore RPers.

I highly agree on the third point. Hopefully because of RP inevitability you will be forced into being Outlaw if you start robbing people and such by rules.

(TWD)Tom said:
As for the lack of "Noble" rp you describe, true, I since long had the impression there was way too many commoner rp

We also lack players that are respectable and people wuld like to follow, and Leading a faction these days you have to deal with constant players that get bored and want war, and if you don't they leave join another faction and war with you. It's just more frustrating because people can't just act as a Guard or patrol, most need constant guidence which essentail turned being a lord of a faction trying to represent an actually court to a daycare for your soldiers.
Sasha currently plays a guard for me, I tell you its awesome. My other guards could learn a lot.

You should ask Vornne to sticky a thread you will call "The Daily Nov" where you put all your ideas there instead of creating a new thread all the time. He might just do it due to you being such a, uh, dedicated community member.

I could be the editor.

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
You should ask Vornne to sticky a thread you will call "The Daily Nov" where you put all your ideas there instead of creating a new thread all the time. He might just do it due to you being such a, uh, dedicated community member.

I could be the editor.
Isn't that what this thread is for?

I would not dare to ask him but you can go ahead if you want to. One of the reasons to create this thread is easy way to find my other threads which sometimes are usefull for me. I usually have to scroll whole forum to do so. If I will have time I will try to list others usefull (IMO  :oops:) threads.

If you have some links which would be helpfull please post it for me.

killer110 said:
For the second point - perhaps not completely peaceful as there would be dozens of people in the event and it's highly unlikely al of them will be hardcore RPers.

I highly agree on the third point. Hopefully because of RP inevitability you will be forced into being Outlaw if you start robbing people and such by rules.

Peacefull was in ".." (I have no clue how you call it) RP Kingdom event should be based on mobilisation of existing persistant factions/clans which would try to organize/control the "world". Special map is needed with 3 or 4 settlements and no Town. Admin clan should take one of them to lead by example.

Until we try it we would never know if that would work.

It would be something like "only real rules event" to see if factions/players are able to organize themselves and protect their members against "randomers" barbarians.

ON ROBBERY - I allready point it out that demanding money (especially exact amount) is OOC action. I also asked Vornne to make it possible to be outlawed after one team kill. IRL if you kill somebody accidentally this is called manslaughter and still can put you in jail. It may stop players from swinging like stupid for "fun".

I am against outlaw training stations. Outlaws should be outlaws because they commit crime. You can go away with robbery but if you killed somebody you should be punished. At the moment you can kill somebody then take a break then kill again.

I like more game mechanics and less admin work in general.

But you forget that there are accidental TKs like in a battle. You have to consider that not all TKs are on purpose. Besides the vast majority of TKs is just people who ask to get killed so they don't lose cash.

Robbing is not limited to outlaws by rules, as some huge outlaw lobby complained a lot about metagaming in spring, which is why backthen NA and evolving from theirs Eu rulesets have not limited crime to outlaws anymore (as it was intended, why would there be an outlaw status if any commoner would rob.) but currently allow anyone to rob (or tax, whatever you call it).

killer110 said:
But you forget that there are accidental TKs like in a battle. You have to consider that not all TKs are on purpose. Besides the vast majority of TKs is just people who ask to get killed so they don't lose cash.

Which is cheating BTW  :lol:. I am not saying that it is necessary to make somebody automatically outlaw after one kill. What I am saying that outlaw rate should remain until death not decrease in time. Accidental TKs are not that often like "accidental"(fun) TKs by swinging/spearing/charging players.

More people would be restricted in their action by game mechanics more they will think about what they are doing.

Knüppel said:
Robbing is not limited to outlaws by rules, as some huge outlaw lobby complained a lot about metagaming in spring, which is why backthen NA and evolving from theirs Eu rulesets have not limited crime to outlaws anymore (as it was intended, why would there be an outlaw status if any commoner would rob.) but currently allow anyone to rob (or tax, whatever you call it).

Which is ok. What I would like to see is punishment for violence within the same group of players (team, commoners) This should be solve in few rules/game mechanics:

1.Server rule which ban OOC robbing/taxing - asking for money - You can rob only IC which means asking for items visible for player. Player who is being robbed has always possibility to say: "Hold on, I will pay you"

2.To stop commoners from robbing commoners (and random as effect of it) - system outlaw ranking which is not decreasing until death. - We want outlaws to be outlaws. Commoner who act like one should be "out lowed"

3.Soldiers of faction can and should tax who they want within their own territory. Vornne could make difference beatwen Team Killing within Faction (to prevent TKs) and killing beatwen commoners.(to prevent commoners randoming, manhunters and this kind of play not related to faction activity)

4.VORNNE GIVE EVERY SERVER A CHANCE TO STOP COMMONERS RANDOMING OR AT LEAST LIMIT DAMAGE COUSE BY IT. THIS IS STILL UNUSED OPTION: COMMONERS DO NOT DROP MONEY ON DEATH...Use it damn it  :twisted:
- do not make soldiers training for commoners
- give to players only way to leave faction by becoming serf.

Deserath said:
NOV, I appreciate your attempt to stay more organized and not a-mass topics.

Thank you  :wink:

I have to say that your comment on topic would be much appreciated

Comments from players who have influence on server administration would have bigger effect on Vornne than mine... :cry: ( :lol:)

nov if you force people into factions this mod is just castle wars.
commoner combat classes allow for actual roleplay where you dont want to just war

Phoenix234 said:
commoner combat classes allow for actual roleplay where you dont want to just war
WRONG...fake role players who like to avoid all consequences of their actions are hiding as commoners...true role players are brave enough to have A NAME..being part of faction..there is nothing which stop you to create faction: happy bartenders..Factions are to play with other players..commoners are to be..commoner..unknown..unrecognised..RP? Really?

Phoenix234 said:
Actually no it enables everyone to rp knight of his own which is rpwise lame (if you look not at the snigle scene, but at the picture ofthe world)

NOVICIUS said:
Phoenix234 said:
WRONG...fake role players who like to avoid all consequences of their actions are hiding as commoners...true role players are brave enough to have A NAME..being part of faction..there is nothing which stop you to create faction: happy bartenders..Factions are to play with other players..commoners are to be..commoner..unknown..unrecognised..RP? Really?

For crying out loud novicius you idiot.
Never say someone else is WRONG like that over an opinion is bloody annoying.

Commoners free up roleplaying that requires no factions to be involved to work, Assassins, Blacksmiths, Serial killers and so on. who are you to tell me what classes my guild can use? We have to kill kings in plate armour on a daily basis, if you put me in militia or serf how the hell can i do that?

I don't understand your logic, Ive used a persistent character on the commoner class for a long time now, just because my house doesnt have a standing army and my employees don't want to be named doesn't mean that we don't roleplay it simply means we prevented metagaming and it allows us to roleplay many different roles without been stuck with faction colours.

My house act as diplomats for factions at war, its really easy or wise to waste a limited faction slot on a group that will have 1-4 players who dont fight and dont own castles, we can do the same roleplay with a commoner class without losing any persistant or rp quality.

Knüppel said:
Phoenix234 said:
Actually no it enables everyone to rp knight of his own which is rpwise lame (if you look not at the snigle scene, but at the picture ofthe world)

and? they still need to join a faction to take part in a war.

Roleplaying isnt decided by the class the player uses alone, its decided by the role the character players, If i want to roleplay a knight from a foriegn land whos ship crashed on the shore I shouldnt need to make a faction for the 1 survivor, If i want to play a blacksmith for the main town I shouldnt need to align myself to a faction when really I sell my wares to everyone even the groups my "faction" is at war with.

Commoner != commoner social class it means neutral in war basically and thats it. If you guys cant find commoner players who roleplay maybe its your fault? Faction play has never interested me I focus on commoner groups and we have a lot of fun with passive roleplay

Pheonix - you always make me lough when you accuse me of something you doing the best.... :lol:
I remember you saying: "add IMO to everything I say and everything will be fine"

Anyway...

Factions are in game. Your guild is not. It it obviously down to you what you like to create with your friends, however I have never saw your "house" in game since v3.5. Maybe I was lucky but what I really think that you play is not so obvious for majority of players as you can think.

All medieval societies were well known to the public. Every guild has own house in town you could visit. Guild members were wearing own colors and were as transparent as you like as this was the way to earn respect and being noticed.

What you talking about is reality of 16/17 century (aka Assassin Creed 2).

What I am talking about is: How to bring game as close as possible to Real Medieval World without loosing all fun.

Saying that Castle Wars are bad is like saying that war in Afghanistan or wars in general are bad. This is true but our opinion about it does not change the world we live in. Castle Wars are part of this game as long you have castles which are worth to fight for.

There is no problem at all for mapmaker to create extra faction for role players...You put everything underground and it is done. You can call it as you like. You can add all training station you like to it.

Something like unknown did not exist in Medieval. Everybody knew each other in the village. Most of towns did not have bigger population than 2000. I came from town with 2000 pop. I can tell you that maybe I do not know everybody name but I definitely can tell you who is from my town and who is not.

The only way to become invisible was to join monastery under new name like St.Francis of Assisi. Assassins in Europe usually dressed up like monks because of that. If you like to create Real Secret Society you need cover under which it would work officially. This is exactly what Masons did.

The "peacefull" not related to any castle Faction would be absolutely perfect for that perpuce IMO.

I can tell you when I come from. I like to be a simple commoner sourounded by simple commoners who create community of commoners with some common perpuce - get rich in the most undisturbed way possible.

The biggest threat for commoners are not bandits or faction soldiers. The biggest problem are other commoners. This is why I like to see commoners who do not loose money on death and no military training for commoners, and no way to leave faction as soldier.

BTW...Use poison knife to kill armed soldiers.

This game isnt based off realism, and we are limited to like what 8 factions that can be named, if each guild has to take one up too then we will have maybe 1 war faction.

you make me laugh when you abuse Caps making yourself look like a fool :/

this mod is about freedom to roleplay any role we can within the rules of the server, I dont really care to argue any longer, what you want wont happen because your solution forces everyone who wants to own a sword into a faction and we are limited with those. I dont play this mod to fight i play to rp whatever role i want to when i want to you want to bring realism into a game where you cant tell me im 100% wrong with what i want because you cant guarantee that there isnt a secret society who act in the way mine does :razz: and because of this you cant limit me with rules like this for the sake of realism.

you arent part of the societies i know about i imagine :wink:

and the poison knife is useless. it doesnt go through armour and cant be used to kill.

since realism isnt possible where i can poison drinks and food or the town well you cant keep trying to force realism on me until the mod can do everything i can do in real life which is impossible

looking like fool because of use of CAPS is ridicules - this is just forum mate..chill out.

It would be nice if you would stop yourself from making opinions about other people in the very personal way you do on almost every single post you post

having more than 2 guild (actually one seams a lot) on server with no more than 50 players is ridicules

having more than 4 factions on the very same server is ridicules

we have 8 slots all together which is more than enough

Anyway..I did not want to talk about YOURS Role Play.

Topic WAS: outlaw and robbery. I am trying to find the way to make it easy instead of giving admins a lot of work with trying to find out who is who and why.

The EASY way is to make players stick to their roles in game world society or be punish (by game mechanics or other players) for not doing so. This not mean that you have to be serf all the time (just in case). This mean when you are in serf class YOU ARE SERF. When you are outlaw YOU ARE OUTLAW. When you are soldier YOU HAVE TO BE IN FACTION as something like free running soldier can not exist in whatever society in whatever time period you can imagine. If he does SOLDIER=OUTLAW

FACTION can be define by mapmaker. It can be one house in Town for guild or it can be whole settlement for Kingdom as well as it could be one castle for one knight house. Possibilities are endless.

NOT ORGANISE game lead to misunderstandings, favorism and randoming as we can see time and time again. Even the best admin team can not stop that. If I like to develop game in which admins would have only necessary role this seams to me only way forward. Saying that, even servers which ran with Role Play rules would benefit from this changes. IMO

PW Movie?

Yes. It would be kind of event with admins recording preplanned battles, town happenings or weddings..I leave it to you.

Main goal: to bring more players to PW, to advertise server, to finally show people how they could play if they would get a little more organise.

So..what you think?

Back
Top Bottom