NOVICIUS THREAD - REDS ARE BACK!

Do you enjoy fighting in PW MOD (this to be compered with native)

• Yes. It is all the same for me like in other mods

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • No.I lag in critical moments.

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I do not understand what is the issue here (please comment)

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
I am glad that my poll has proved the point..
Maybe old point but point it is..

PW "heroes" kind of struggle in native... and opposite to be fair..

however it is not on my mind :smile:

you will find out soon

teaser: Leroy/splintert/azrayel know

ok removed the unneeded post :smile:

also this is a good idea as you can now centralise your ideas

NOVICIUS said:
OK. first IMPORTAND guide is done.

also don't you mean important?

also i will keep updating my first post so that i don't make a mess  :grin:

NOVICIUS said:
OK. first IMPORTAN[edit:]T guide is done.
a wild edit has appeared in "important"

OK. first IMPORTAN[edit:]T guide is done. I have notice that most of players still struggle with STOP & TALK. It is very basic. Just imagine you try to talk to somebody who is running around and point his knife at you. You would run away and call police. Would not you? Learn some RP culture of basic conversation. There is no need to be hostile right from the beginning. If you do so admins should allowed other players to act in the way which you will call RANDOM...Really..Who start it in the first place? HUH?

PS.I knew it: If I will give you a chance to say "Shut up Novicius" you will take it :twisted:
PS2: Suspicious...could you post it right in my face please... :lol:

Outrages...

I ban Conrad of Pieta from High Nobles :evil:. He killed (random) one of my man after I gave him the castle. I helped him as High Noble should help to other High Noble and He did what? He killed the very man I convince he is a noble... :evil: I am ashamed more than Conrad. I am ashamed because I was naive. Because I believed in HIM. What happen to you guys? Is PW went so low that simple unfair kill is worth it? Really?  :shock:

On positive: Thank you Treaty for help. It was great to see you along side my man deffending my self and my castle. I have to say that whatever ping I am rubbish in unexpected fights.[native is differrent storry]. I thank Ranger Will for taking over and stopping my rage. He was more noble in that situation. He let our enemy go free....You learn everyday :grin: and this was great lesson of true RP and true nobility...You know what I mean.

The biggest thanks go to my loyal soldiers. Thirst time happend than non a single one of them try to overthrown me. They accept that I have to do my eng job as in this ping I can not be the best at fighting. They stick to my orders (as long they had some common sense). And they gave me honorable death in the end.

Great night of PW for UK based guy..(damn is 4:30 am :shock:)

Overall. NA continue to impress me.

I actually like presistant faction wars, they don;t happen enough Nobles these days are too "knight in shining armour" good guys, I should bring back my Tidwell Baron Char to bring some corruption to the nobility.

(TWD)Tom said:
I actually like presistant faction wars, they don;t happen enough Nobles these days are too "knight in shining armour" good/bad guys,
Happens when you can earn enough for a full plate in half an hour if you want and there's a castle for everyone, smaller maps with less castles would do well here (is it still 8 factions per map usually? seems hard to cover with usual 30-50 players  i see online at prime time)
I read this thread intro and found the idea amazing, +1  :lol:

Splintert said:
You ban him because he went against you?

Since when do all nobles of the world have to support each other?

He did not went against me (my char). He went randomly against one of members of my faction. He should know better...We start war so he can take own castle. If he would like to continue the war I would have no problem with that. But he was one member faction. There was no point in war at all. Even so I would still be happy with that. He could come and say so.

Nobles do not have to be nice at all but to be noble you can not be coward randomer who hit somebody in the back. After that I was chasing him but he left server. I can only think that his profile was compromised again. Whatever. I do not see him as High Noble anymore. The whole idea was based on some values and most of all respect and trust. In people like Leroy or Lord Grifindor I could put all my trust whatever happend. Nobody killed me more times than Leroy, which did not change anything. It is no matter what you do. It does matter how.

Knüppel said:
(TWD)Tom said:
I actually like presistant faction wars, they don;t happen enough Nobles these days are too "knight in shining armour" good/bad guys,
Happens when you can earn enough for a full plate in half an hour if you want and there's a castle for everyone, smaller maps with less castles would do well here (is it still 8 factions per map usually? seems hard to cover with usual 30-50 players  i see online at prime time)
I read this thread intro and found the idea amazing, +1  :lol:

I am happy to hear that but...
which one?

Nobles were always stabbing each other in the back, a lot of european civil conflict started this way..

Grunar said:
Nobles were always stabbing each other in the back, a lot of european civil conflict started this way..

This is why everybody can play noble in the game. I have never had issue with that.

High Nobles were elite club of Role Player persistently committed to RP noble as an example of good Role Play or good play in general. Good in this situation does not mean good as a value but respectfull, calm and helpfull in relation with other players. 

which one?
The idea to compile everything in one thread instead of making new ones
This is why everybody can play noble in the game.
Every honk can farm for plate armor and then claim an empty castle.
Corrected that. And even if he gets randomed thirty times while he is a serf, sooner or later the

As for the lack of "Noble" rp you describe, true, I since long had the impression there was way too many commoner rp (if there is a big faction, they are most likely on TS and usually focused on representing their King with the sword) instead of people populating castles and courts. (actually that was shocking a few times the last months when I stepped by on NA. 28 of 32 players or so usually commoners....not that tempting to play. but yeah, can't expect a court to be waiting for me everywhere on the other hand. EU on the other hand has mostly castle warz.)

Well it's gotten a teensy bit better than a bit before. A few more active guilds and effective contribution from the Town Guard and the RP should definetly be visibly improved. But then again there's the merge so I guess that doesn't really matter does it? :razz:

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Poor Novicius.
:lol:
Knüppel said:
which one?
The idea to compile everything in one thread instead of making new ones
This is why everybody can play noble in the game.
Every honk can farm for plate armor and then claim an empty castle.
Corrected that. And even if he gets randomed thirty times while he is a serf, sooner or later the

As for the lack of "Noble" rp you describe, true, I since long had the impression there was way too many commoner rp (if there is a big faction, they are most likely on TS and usually focused on representing their King with the sword) instead of people populating castles and courts. (actually that was shocking a few times the last months when I stepped by on NA. 28 of 32 players or so usually commoners....not that tempting to play. but yeah, can't expect a court to be waiting for me everywhere on the other hand. EU on the other hand has mostly castle warz.)

This is why I come up with this idea:
"Settlers" -developed
key point: Faction=soldiers; commoners=civilians

The reason people play commoners is because they have access to military training without being involve in the Faction. This is not only confusing but also unrealistic. It looks more like Fantasy game with Quest teams. If soldier was not involved in the Faction he was part of mercenary company (=Faction) or he was deserter = bandit. The simple reason for it =soldier need to eat. To get food he need to be part of faction/company/city guard. If he is not he has to steal = become bandit.

In other words: commoners should be peasants, doctors, eng, sailors, travellers = civilians = people who can feed themself by doing a job. Soldiers should look for leaders who will provide the job for them. This leaders should be nobles, clerics or rich marchants by medieval social order.

killer110 said:
Well it's gotten a teensy bit better than a bit before. A few more active guilds and effective contribution from the Town Guard and the RP should definetly be visibly improved. But then again there's the merge so I guess that doesn't really matter does it? :razz:
It does even more as new united server would need guilds/factrion to step up. This will help admins with controling server which may be under attack from all sorts of randoming parties.

Second (common sense) rule added.

hirovard said:
ok removed the unneeded post :smile:

also this is a good idea as you can now centralise your ideas

NOVICIUS said:
OK. first IMPORTAND guide is done.

also don't you mean important?

I fix it  :wink:

BTW: I DO NOT MIND IF SOMEBODY CORRECT MY ENGLISH. it is helpfull for me (as spell check will not deal with everything) as well it helps other players to understand better my ideas.

This is my goal actually. I use to spread a lot of ideas and full concepts on many threads. Having them on one thread or linked to one thread would help me (and others) to find it when is needed

As for the lack of "Noble" rp you describe, true, I since long had the impression there was way too many commoner rp

We also lack players that are respectable and people wuld like to follow, and Leading a faction these days you have to deal with constant players that get bored and want war, and if you don't they leave join another faction and war with you. It's just more frustrating because people can't just act as a Guard or patrol, most need constant guidence which essentail turned being a lord of a faction trying to represent an actually court to a daycare for your soldiers.

(TWD)Tom said:
As for the lack of "Noble" rp you describe, true, I since long had the impression there was way too many commoner rp

We also lack players that are respectable and people would like to follow, and Leading a faction these days you have to deal with constant players that get bored and want war, and if you don't they leave join another faction and war with you. It's just more frustrating because people can't just act as a Guard or patrol, most need constant guidence which essentail turned being a lord of a faction trying to represent an actually court to a daycare for your soldiers.

This is difficult issue.

On one side you can blame players quality to lead and I have to agree with it in general but...

There is also fault on mapmakers and server holders side...

Maps does not offer sustainable territory for factions = something to deffend and fight for. Last map I saw it was good for it it was DOMA Island and maybe Fjord map as well. People call it castle wars maps but they are wrong. This were RP maps in which you could create Faction and RP within the territory. Recent maps are really Castle Wars map as only goal you can imagine is to conquer other castle.

I believe that "corner castle maps" are much better for PW. If you really need the town it should be in the middle or in one of the corners.

Links added to OP. I shall lock all the threads which will not be used soon and leave this one as my only one. I hope this make you happy.

I like to point out few ideas which are still to be used:

- we need statue for mapmakers

- we should try to have "peacefull" event of RP KINGDOM once united server will kick off [I did predict this to happend but nobody believed me then :cool:]

- Outlaw role in the game to be solved and defined as well as Robbery...

Back
Top Bottom