NOVICIUS THREAD - REDS ARE BACK!

Do you enjoy fighting in PW MOD (this to be compered with native)

• Yes. It is all the same for me like in other mods

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • No.I lag in critical moments.

Votes: 67 62.6%
  • I do not understand what is the issue here (please comment)

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

There are some who try:

Duchy of Aachen for example. Professional site. Steam and TS(which I hate but if this helps go for it). Maybe we have clan in the meaking. We need more however. We need PW to become battleground for clans. Competition should be taken away from single (R)players and given to organize groups who can use this mod in full.IMO (just in case)

UnlivedPro said:
I could set up like a PW_Clan_War server. And try to create some maps most suitable for battle?

IMO we do not need more servers. What we need is more organize play on existing servers. In the dream PW project servers are just a locations in which clan wars can be performed. One day we will travel around semi-fantasy medieval world of game with portals from one server to another. Next server should start if there is demand in particular area of globe for better ping. In no rules environment we would have servers protected and organized by clans.

EDIT:
_

Let me dream/futuristic create picture here:

Player log in to the Global PW. He is log on to server of his origin (best ping). At the starting window he can choose to remain in this server or move on. He may want to stay to build up his money and say hello to friends or form invading company/mercenary company. In the mean time he search in steam were is the war/recruitment's and so on in global. Then he move on to other server (IN GAME BY PORTAL) with his company (or alone)...in this scenario there is no way to get to other servers unless you visit your "homeland". He land in other server = location. His ping will be not as good as "homeland" [-> this will prevent some damn polish to take over the world :smile: unless they learn the way to fight in high ping servers.] however he may find him self in the position to establish his clan in particular server by taking one of the castles. Obviously other clan will be quickly aware of that (via steam/local players) and fight back recruiting own soldiers via steam. I believe you get this futuristic picture by now and possibilities of global game are clear for you.

We can not do that now. There is no way (of what I know of to create connection/portal in game beatwen servers).What we can do?

We can forget all RP/admin controlled/friends supporting servers and create locations ->no rules maps with simple layout for 2 maximum 3 factions and battleground (= no man area beatwen fully independent faction territories). This locations are to be fight over by clans formed in steam/PW forum/independent websites.

Sound easy so far?
Well.. there is massive problem here: somebody who set up server will be kin to hold it. What if some better players than you(server holder) and all your friends take control over YOUR server. You will ban them? You will use admin specials to get rid of them? You will create rules which will protect your owns?

You see..THERE IS A PROBLEM with PW servers. Somebody who owns it want to controle it = winning it as well. Until this approach would be dropped we can not move forward.IMO.

In this theoretical universe the servers should be linked in a chain/web with other servers, so when going from one server to another you are theoretically IC traveling across the lands and cannot jump around as if there is magical teleporting, of course the farther away you go the worse the ping gets and maybe you should have to go through with permission from another faction or hold a castle before being able to travel further.

serf give gold to lord yes? lord defend serf ?  with rules i no give gold to lord , admin protect me for free

Quite simply, get rid of the constant stream of ****ty application admins who do nothing but appease the plebs.

Except the plebs will just go to one of the other dozen servers that has ****ty application admins who do nothing but appease the plebs.

Dark_Hamlet said:
  So many servers, so little options.
this is worth of quoting. You are genius! :grin:

I do not think that particular admins are bad or good. The idea of admins is bad. Just check other mods. Check native. I know it is different task than PW but really why it is so diferent. |It would be great if Vornne would try to do something about this mod to be more freeplay, some gamemechanics, server setting... rather than wasting more and more time for admin toys which usually are corrupted by them.

Just to give example: outlaws system is great as an idea but it can be far more expoloited and used to fight against anti-team play.

Sry for my ENglish tonight(it is very late but I wanted just put some idea here before it will go away from me)

The LKS castle war went fine with nearly no admin intervention. The only intervention was about regulating the team at the beginning, and explaining people how the tools and mechanics works.
Despite some problems we had, Tk and troll were quickly outcasted by faction members and get hunt down as outlaws.

Aldric said:
The LKS castle war went fine with nearly no admin intervention. The only intervention was about regulating the team at the beginning, and explaining people how the tools and mechanics works.
Despite some problems we had, Tk and troll were quickly outcasted by faction members and get hunt down as outlaws.

I believe it can be done on regular basis

NOVICIUS said:
Aldric said:

I believe it can be done on regular basis

Good, come back on next sunday we will see that.

Back
Top Bottom