[WB] [S] Twilight of The Sun King (Old Topic. Enjoy as a historical archive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antigonos said:
The city of Cherbourg, the sea is at low tide and the boat waiting in the bay. The castle was destroyed in 1689 and was no fortification was rebuilt before 1779

:wink:

Wow...

I should make a custom background for all you guys making ports. It would stop you from having those intensely hilly terrains surrounding the cities. You won't really notice it in game all that much, though. I might just do it anyway, just to be sure.

You guys are making incredible scenes. Thank you :smile: It helps the game come alive in ways the original never was able to quite capture for me.

Nicely done.

<3

Michelle

Cavinano said:
Are those ships ported from Empire Total War?

We got them from a free 3d ships pack that was found online and worked well enough in Warband. At least I think that's where he got them as we'd discussed using the pack.

pan-boroda said:
Dear developers .... Enjoy ... when can we expect at least release a beta version? :oops: Sincerely .....

More than likely there will be a closed beta release sometime in the next 2-3 weeks with a public release following that. But no promise. It's just looking that way right now. We're close.

Auldman said:
pan-boroda said:
Dear developers .... Enjoy ... when can we expect at least release a beta version? :oops: Sincerely .....

More than likely there will be a closed beta release sometime in the next 2-3 weeks with a public release following that. But no promise. It's just looking that way right now. We're close.

Thanks for the info

Sounds are coming along nicely, have found some of the nique and special sounds for ambiance and towns that Celestial asked for, but commands in different languages will be very hard.

@Von Afton- Great job sir!

@Custer- If you can get them in English, French, German and Spanish that will do for a start.  Do what you can. I suspect that English and French will be easier.

Ok some developer news with more to come from Celestialred later...

We're moving forward on all fronts with an eye to a release in the next month.  We've got some exciting things on the boil. Code that will bring forth a more historical use of formations for both the player and hopefully the AI ( volley by rank and advance, countermarch). Hopefully that will be in the first release but if not then very shortly.

We're also working on changing the experience of forming player/lords parties away from Warband norms so that you can have your own regiment of your favorite type after you join your faction. Something similar is being envisioned for the lords i.e. your infantry regiment of the line may encounter a lord's regiment of cavalry.

Towns will have recruiting depots after you join your faction where you may recruit. Till you join one you may be limited to mercs and militia. CR tried her hand at texturing and here are some common militia types:

militiac.jpg
Militia Drummer.

militiab.jpg
Mounted Militia.

militiaa.jpg
Militia Foot.

Celestialred has a bigger developer update coming which will flesh things out more. We're pretty excited!

Hmm, say, how much of Africa/Anatolia will be in the mod? Im just interested, been wanting to get back into scening desert/arabic style scenes, if you catch my drift. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom