[WB] [S] Twilight of The Sun King (Old Topic. Enjoy as a historical archive.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brodan1 said:
United Provinces
correction, Dutch Republic :grin:
Looks awesome btw :grin:

Edit:
I made a draft of a "Dutch republic banner"
dutchrepublicbanner.jpg

United Provinces is correct. Dutch Republic is also correct. They were referred to under both names. I just double checked that too.

The banner is very good work  :grin:. Would you like to let us use that?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/United+Provinces

Auldman said:
Brodan1 said:
United Provinces

Edit:
dutchrepublicbanner.jpg

United Provinces is correct. Dutch Republic is also correct. They were referred to under both names. I just double checked that too.

I stand corrected :O
Go for it :smile:

Dutch Infantry 1710:
25112_1349205182706_1608652317_836593_4760304_n.jpg

Dutch Musketeer and Grenadier:
26853_1329030118342_1608652317_790610_1391720_n.jpg

Dutch Army:
14099_1296946676276_1608652317_725746_845995_n.jpg

Just thought i might post these if you haven't got Dutch army references :wink:

Brodan1 said:
Auldman said:
Brodan1 said:
United Provinces

Edit:
dutchrepublicbanner.jpg

I stand corrected :O
Go for it :smile:

Dutch Infantry 1710:
25112_1349205182706_1608652317_836593_4760304_n.jpg

Dutch Musketeer and Grenadier:
26853_1329030118342_1608652317_790610_1391720_n.jpg

Dutch Army:
14099_1296946676276_1608652317_725746_845995_n.jpg

Just thought i might post these if you haven't got Dutch army references :wink:

Thanks! We have some plates for the Dutch but I will add these to them.

That is amazing :smile: Nice work Alan. How'd you come up with that? It works as a shield? Drummers were usually given a pistol or sabre, unless they were just too young. I'm super impressed. I can't wait to work on this mod :smile:

<3

Michelle

Auldman said:
Drum will act as shield and he'll have a melee weapon. Also drummers and standard bearers will have morale bonus.
yees i like the idea, so the troops more steady in the line when we have standard bearer and drummers :eek:

celestialred said:
That is amazing :smile: Nice work Alan. How'd you come up with that? It works as a shield? Drummers were usually given a pistol or sabre, unless they were just too young. I'm super impressed. I can't wait to work on this mod :smile:

<3

Michelle
thanks cel  :oops: your gameplay work and battle atmosphere in 1776 is awesome too..I loved it :eek:
tom gave advice to make standrd Bearer and drummer. i think it great idea, yes it's equip with sabre

Alan De Soison said:
Tom i made a demo video for Twilight of The Sun King  :oops:

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3388

Wow! Great work my friend! Love the formations and the flags and the troops look really great!

Good video, with previews like that you're making it very hard to wait patiently for this indeed...

Couple of minor things that I'd like to see, to enhance the distinctive early 18th century atmosphere of the mod would be plug bayonets on some (older) muskets, a variety of cartridge boxes and other accoutrements, including belly boxes and grenade pouches, and a wide variety of none-to-neat hairstyles for the soldiers, as well as the odd round hat still  making an appearance in addition to tricornes.

jackx said:
Good video, with previews like that you're making it very hard to wait patiently for this indeed...

Couple of minor things that I'd like to see, to enhance the distinctive early 18th century atmosphere of the mod would be plug bayonets on some (older) muskets, a variety of cartridge boxes and other accoutrements, including belly boxes and grenade pouches, and a wide variety of none-to-neat hairstyles for the soldiers, as well as the odd round hat still  making an appearance in addition to tricornes.

Duly noted and I agree. Jack do you think you could send some pictures to us of the cartridge and belly boxes  etc? It would help in creating these things. Most of the regular foot will have long unkempt hair (the pictures show some of this) and the officers will have wigs. I think some of the odd round hats should appear and especially on non-elite units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom