THE WAR OF THE SPANISH SUCCESSION (1701-1714)
The conflict was centered over, the French King, Louis XIV's attempt to seat a Bourbon ( His own grandson Phillip of Anjou) on the vacant throne of Spain.
This would have created a Bourbon super-state in Europe.
Opposed to Louis's, The Sun King's, attempt to install his own grandson as the Spanish King was an alliance led by the Holy Roman Empire who put forth their own candidate the Archduke Charles, a younger, son of Emperor Leopold I.
War broke out in 1701 when Phillip of Anjou was proclaimed Phillip V of Spain.
Joining the Holy Roman Empire in the struggle against Bourbon France and Spain were Great Britain, Holland (United Provinces), and Hesse-Kassel. Bourbon Spain and Bavaria, under Maximillian Emmanuel II, joined France. The war saw great clashes and the emergence of two major military leaders in the cause of the Holy Roman Empire: John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough who led a small British army over to the continent but won great victories at Blenheim, Ramillies, Oudenarde and Malplaquet and his Holy Roman Empire colleague Eugene of Savory.
More background here: http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/wars_spanishsuccession.html
We also decided (after seeing the extent and possibilities of our map) to include the Great Northern War (1700-1721).
and including this conflict allows us to present additional factions and to increase the scope of the mod to cover a very important part of Europe's history and development with the story of Sweden's decline as a great power and Russia's rise. Also a very small Germanic state went from being a duchy in this period to a kingdom and one whose rise would shape Europe over the next 170 years...Prussia.
More information here: http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/great_northern_war.htmImages
Auldman: Team Leader.
von Afton: Scener and co-lead developer.
Radetzky: Troop Trees and other research for the mod & dialog.
Dr.Tomas: Coding and scenes.
Bluehawk: Resercher .Helpers and people we owe much thanks to (list will be updated from time to time):
Gabrilduro, Brodan 1, Jackx, Poomtang, Dunde, Specialist, Duh, George A. Custer, Dennis The Great, Amman de Stazia, Bayard-X, Sayd Uthman, Pan-Boroda, Antigonos (help with scenes), Mucke, ThaneWulfingham, Caba ' drin, Marshal Ney, Rule zum Rabensang, Dellivis, Jaume, Dennis The Great, Yotam 14, DarthTaco,Bava, Johao, Celestialred, Alan de Soison, Jaakko.
Sybylla's Byzantine Buildings
Al-Mansur's Helmet Pack
Mackie's OSP Swords
OSP Swords (several contributors)
Pino's Sarranid Pack
Dal's Indu-Arab Shield Pack
Ruthven's Sea Battle Scenes
Ikaguia's Promotable Companions
Lav's Overseer Mod
Wanderer's Horses and Camels
Mount Blade Font Customizer of Swyter
Rubik: Character Creation
Kovas: Scene PropsPlanned Factions:
Holy Roman Empire
Kingdom of Denmark and Norway
*Multiplayer: No plans at present but at some point we wouldn't mind if it got put in.SIGNATURES
Short Teaser Clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSbjiKIIDp0
Britain vs Francehttp://youtu.be/vbJFbSM1tls
Britain vs BavariaProgress Thus Far:
Things Still To Do:
1. Maintain a siege or loot a village whilst saying within a radius and have the ability to interact with your menus and move about.
2. Kill a lord. The Prisoner discussion system has been altered so that talking to them has numerous outcomes. One of them is executing them. Europe will not be happy.
3. Promote your troops. You can promote anyone. Talk to any soldier and look for the option "You there! Valorous soldier! What is your name!" It will allow you to promote them as an aide-de-camp. They will operate as a companion.
4. Feminized meshes for all armours.
5. Military uniforms have been faction tagged to only appear in the nation in which they are made.
6. A semi-working, semi-realistic Mercantilism economic system. It's a work in progress.
7. Crouching for you and for your soldiers.
8. The Native Mod Compilation base code (Diplomacy, Custom Commander, Entrenchment, PBOD, Dueling Mod, Bank few other mods)
9. Randomized sounds for guns.
10. 12 new criminals and outlaws to hire.
11. The ability to start and continue to operate as an Outlaw.
12. 3 Pirate Towns along the Barbary Coast which are unowned by any faction.
13. Tavern Women who will raise your morale.
14. New dialog
15. All new companions.
16. Several companions have unique dialog.
17. Changed the font to Times New Roman.
18. Unique Military uniforms for all current nations, including Prussia
19. Unique Military Horses for all factions
20. Ethnic Refugees appearing in towns who allow you to recruit ethnic soldiers.
21. Unique Townsmen and Townswomen, as well as Villagers.
22. A bunch of new props for scene use
23. Custom Gunsmiths in the capitals of cities.
24. A traveling Chaplain who allows you access to men of faith by faction, to increase morale and honour.
25. Realistic bandits which reflect the political issues of the time.
26. Several OSP items and scripts to fill out our items list.
27. Over twenty new trade items and production centers.
28. A traveling retired staff officer who hires you trainers to train your men at the expense of morale.
29. Tavern women who raise your morale and have unique dialog.
30. Changed (almost done) Denars to Bank Notes, to reflect the use of paper money invented in Sweden in 1686.
31. Changed the names of unit types from Infantry, Archers and Cavalry to Pikemen, Musketeers, Cavalry, Melee, and Dragoons, for ease of the player. Anyone with a firearm becomes a Musketeer. All melee armed people start as Pikemen.
32. Changed and created strings for the new economic system to show up in dialogs.
33. Totally new soundtrack.
34. Musket animations and reloading animations are revised.
35. The ability to hire sailors, merchant guards, and criminals via town menu.
36. All factions are renamed. All lords have historical names.
37. Illegal Boxing Matches and Gambling games based out of London.
38. Removed Power Draw and made it into Strategy. It's an Intelligence based skill which will allow you to determine a whole new siege system.
39. Renamed proficiencies. Artillery will likely be used in combination with Strategy to determine sieges. If you bring cannons with you to siege a town or castle, you can barrage the town. When we get artillery, it will factor into your siege. I'm going to be using a simple menu screen for the player to quickly move through sieges, as not all sieges ended in a fight. It's a work in progress and will be in future releases.
40. Nearly all NPCs have period clothing.
41. Several new hair meshes.
42. Removed all non period hair and beards.
43. All new, realistic map of Europe, Asia, and North Africa.
44. Rename your regiment at 300 renown.
45. Integrated Realistic Colors and Expanded Horizons
46. Ethnically appropriate clothes for various people.
47. Unique faces for nearly all NPCs, including lords and ladies.
48. All new Character Creation. Choose wisely. Some people start off extremely poor but a hell of a warrior, others very rich with opulent weapons but lacking in military training.
49. All new blood effects. Try shooting someone and watch it gush.
50. A combat experience that scares the hell out of you.
Partner Mods:Renaissance Mod
1. New presentations for players on many screens.
2. Realistic sea-battles, with boat-to-boat combat, in combination with cannons.
3. The ability to do sea trade and fight off Barbary Pirates.
4. Buy, upgrade, name, and staff many types of ships.
5. Artillery of many types.
6. Promotable Companions with rank that will work to replace "killed" or fled lords.
7. Ethnically and historically accurate villagers by village, with period clothing.
8. Villages that change as their prosperity increases.
9. New Trade Items.
10. New Manufacturies.
11. New sounds (muskets, orders in multiple languages, battle cries in multiple languages, pistols, reloading sounds, etc).
12. All new scenes.
13. Several siege types and scenes.
14. Town and Castle recruitment. Town for elite and artillery, castle for cavalry. Will depend on if you've enlisted with an army.
15. The Pirate towns will be recened and stocked with pirates, thieves, brigands, and the Custom Commander employer. These are and will remain owner-less so that they will remain safe havens for the brigand or the player willing to trek over there. They will have working merchants, music, and other things.
16. Ramun, the slave trader, is being moved to one of the Barbary towns and made into a Berber who will buy your prisoners into slavery. This will hurt your honour, increasing your ability as an Outlaw.
17. The possiblity of Hungarian Rebellion due to political/economic triggers.
18. Russia, Prussia, Poland/Saxony, Denmark, and Sweden are being added as factions.-DONE
19. Extensive, realistic, working troop trees.
20. Redo the "View Upgrade" presentation so that things are spaced better and accurate, for each faction and for Outlaws.
21. Better and more Gunsmiths who will in towns as a merchant, allowing you to buy custom guns.
22. Swordsmiths which will appear in towns as a merchant and allow you to buy custom knives and swords.
23. Better presentations.
24. "Fake Death" animations, where a man will fall after taking a musket shot, but get back up if alive.
25. More ethnic villages reflecting the political issues of the time.
26. A better hand grenade.
)1812-1815 Mod by Poomtang
)1578: Battle of Alcacer Quiber
: http://www.wdl.org/en/item/3036/zoom/#group=1&page=73A WORD ABOUT BORROWING ITEMS FROM THE MOD: Please do not request items until we have released the mod. All items donated to the mod are the property of the mod and cannot be returned. Do not request code until the mod is completed.Trailer
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLgsudNJtjE&feature=youtube_gdataDownload the Alpha! But first read this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179290.0.html Then go here: http://totsk.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Follow the instructions in the first link! We will throw an Rar link up tomorrow but in the future updates will be done by SVN anyway so better you should know it now!