Robbery - Rule suggestion [no more 500 or die]

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
I do believe that robbery always was fun in our game. It create a lot of RP situation if it is play right.

On other side I can see how recently robbery become very negative and cause a lot of problems for admins and players...
Infamous: "500 or die" :evil:

I was thinking about it for a while and I was "testing" all servers. I tried to understand what have change from v3 "funny robbery" to v4 "randoming excuse"

V3 - there was no instant money dropping. We used coins back then. Bandit could ask you to give him a coin for safe pass but what was much more common way was just to rob marchant from his goods. Marchants were travelling on the map from one side to other buying and selling goods. It was easy[?] to stop them on their way and ask them to drop their goods. This goods bandit could sell in "black market".
Importand: there was no dropping money on death

V4 - there is no trade as such. We have more basic economy however more realistic. Except ATM abilities of every player. Every player can suddenly withrow money from his "bank". This stimulate bandits to ask for exact amount of money they want to receive. This alone also force servers to make rules which will limit amount of money bandit can ask for. The "500 or die" was born.
Importand: Vornne give option to server holder which stop commoners from dropping money on death

Having that establish I found out simple solution to the problem which is the rule:

Player can only rob other player from his belongings. - somebody have to put it in better English, but what I mean:
- bandit/soldier can not ask for money as he has no idea if person he rob has any money at all [IC] he use his knowledge of the game [OOC] breaking other rule in the same time. - in medieval time having actual money was not that popular as it is now. Serf would have none. Marchant some (but we do not have marchants), knight would give his money to servant of his and ask for them when he need to or he would just ask salesman to come to the castle and claim his money there.
- bandit/soldier can ask players only to drop goods he can actually see. This should be player RP option to reveal that he has money. "I give you 500gold just let me go with my cart"

You will probably ask: what about robing knights? I would say: the same. What knight has valuable is his armor,weapons and horse. He could be valuable him self so it would be good idea to imprison him and take a ransom. Knight have option when he is surrounded by bandits:
- to pay his ransom straight away - "wait, I pay you for my freedom"
- fight
- give up and claim he has no money but his lord/family/friend will pay for him - he obviously will hope to be rescued but in the same time he risk that bandits will decide to kill him to get rid off what become a problem.

I hope this would solve a lot of robbery related problems. This rule can stop players from "500 or die" forever as it would be very easy for admin to spot it and easy for player to prove bandit wrong doing.

I would advise to combine this rule with "no droping money on death for commoners" option provided by Vornne. A lot of people here seams to like Rp and on other side we still have basic TDM way of being rewarded for killing. Make up your mind.

I hope you like it.Thanks for reading. :wink:

Why do you make threads about suggestions?

*Points to the above suggestion thread

Draco Wrath said:
Why do you make threads about suggestions?

*Points to the above suggestion thread

I have no idea which thread you have in mind. This is suggestion for all servers [we do not have yet one server] and it is not belong to mod suggestions as Vornne have nothing to do with it.

Der Einzige said:
It's "800 or die" now.
inflation?  :lol:

It would be good to hear from bandits [player who like to play as bandits] what they think about it. I have not played that way so I can not say much. Obviously the most importand opinion would be admins one and server holders.

This rule require "black market" [export station in hideouts] to be placed on map as it would cause a lot of random killing if bandit would go to town or castle to sell robbed goods.

Playing a bandit is practically impossible because 90% of PW players are heroes when they see a robbery, and infamous robber lords when they see a serf to rob.

Splintert said:
Playing a bandit is practically impossible because 90% of PW players are heroes when they see a robbery, and infamous robber lords when they see a serf to rob.

maybe we need a raiding clan :twisted:

Legolan said:
Splintert said:

Correct as one Robin Hood is funny. You need all Sherwood band to be successful.

NOVICIUS said:
Legolan said:
Splintert said:

Correct as one Robin Hood is funny. You need all Sherwood band to be successful.

you really do, we have way to many good guys...

It could be solved by map as well (as many other issues to be honest). We have carts now. There is no more a reason to have mine close to selling points. I hate when bandits occupying the mine but having some chock points and bandit hideout on the way should help I guess.

It would be fun for bandits to make ambush as well as war loving soldiers to protect serfs.

EDIT (sorry): I will try to do it now acctually.

NOVICIUS said:
It could be solved by map as well (as many other issues to be honest). We have carts now. There is no more a reason to have mine close to selling points. I hate when bandits occupying the mine but having some chock points and bandit hideout on the way should help I guess.

or a forest between the selling point, and the mine, and also a river with more than one crossing point.

2ndGrds_Ghost said:
Well, The Armstrong  Reivers is a Merc/Raider group. We just are still taking our baby steps.

I recall, I asked to join, but my application was not good looking enough for you :razz:

Pfft, I didnt say yes or no. That was the boss.  :razz: I think it was mainly the demi god part.  :mrgreen:

But anyway, yea robbery has really degraded.

2ndGrds_Ghost said:
Pfft, I didnt say yes or no. That was the boss.  :razz: I think it was mainly the demi god part.  :mrgreen:

But anyway, yea robbery has really degraded.

Thats legolan glendor...I can make another legolan character :razz:

i think robbery should be pretty open, if i spend 10-15 minutes  watching a serf or group of serfs mine, i dont think i should be restricted to a set number, they have been at it for awhile, regardless of what they are wearing they have made at least 2-3k. im not saying i would run up and go "HEY! gimmie 30k or i KILL YOU!" because lets face it, thats not in any way shape or form RP'd its just BS. and Yes i do have a Raider/robber/merc faction im working on still, but as stated EVERYTHING must be RP'd. if i run across a cart i watched leave a mine, i might ask those sad unfortunate souls to abandon that load, or face finger removal at the hands of my short sword. (yes the demi god thing didnt help much, but that should be saved for another topic)

Back
Top Bottom