SP Modern [WB] Adventures in Australia(formerly gonzo-first post somewhat updated-HIRING)

Users who are viewing this thread

Harry_

Knight
"Look out, boys, it's the bunyip. He's bullet-proof!"

Many years ago, the British Empire opened a giant prison to send all manner of convicts - from shoplifters, to murderers, even insurgents against the crown - to live in a harsh, untamed land. Crops are hard to grow, police are routinely corrupt, and relations with the natives have never gone smoothly. These convicts were to become your fathers, mothers, grandfathers and grandmothers. You have been born in a prison of The Crown, and have just come of the age to realise the meaning of this. Your reaction to the situation, is what you will portray in this mod.

I need scripters to do minor tasks.
I need one or two competent scripters to help me bring this together. I can script, and have been doing so myself thus far... But the burden of being the sole artist as well as the sole scripter is getting a bit much. There are some tasks which require more module knowledge than I can muster, and I would love some help with those tasks specifically. Permanent staff aren't necessary. If you see something in my planned feature list which you believe you can program... Hit me up. In return, apart from being able to play with the game before everyone else, you'll get an NPC named after you, or a personalised/engraved firearm to be found as a kind of easter-egg. If you already work on a mod, i'll happily arrange an exchange of labour to help your project if you can find the time to help mine.

What features are planned for this mod?
-A South-East Australian setting in the late 1870s-1880s.
-Try to make an honest living, hunt heads for the police, or wage personal rebellion
against the crown in a wild colonial land.
-Accurate native foliage, terrain, architecture and culture for the period and region.
-Unmapped land. Most the scenes you can visit will not show up on your map unless you
are told about them, or happen across their path on your travels. This is, of course, not
true of major cities and towns.
-Tons of hand-crafted encounter scenes - No more whacky looking randomly
generated battlefields!
-In battle, troops have a chance of surrender on-the-spot instead of attempting to flee.
-Stealing police weapons is a great way to obtain "state-of-the-art" firearms,
but be careful not to get caught carrying them around...
-Ammunition permanently depletes.
-You and hero-companions can permanently die.
-You can die of starvation, or dehydration.
-Captured companions will be sent to gaol and eventually, carted to town to be tried
and sentenced. You'll need police informants and a lot of firepower to intercept their
coach and save them from their doom.
-Muzzle-loading longarms can be loaded with either shot or ball ammunition
-Completely reworked ammunition management
  So far, What guns can we fire in this mod?
Fourty-seven of them! Here are some:
-Westley Richards rifle musket (.70)
-W.Chance & Son Fowling Rifle (11 bore)
-Nova Scotia fowling gun (.79)
-Ketland & Co. fowling gun (.69)
-English boarding gun (.70)
-Remington's "New Model" 1858 revolver (.44)
-Colt's 1860 belt revolver (.44)
-Smith and Wesson first model (.22)
-Colt's 1849 pocket revolver (.31)
-Colt-root sidehammer revolver (.2:cool:
-Colt-Walker 1847 revolver (.44)
-James Warner pocket revolver (.2:cool:
-Allen & Wheelock single action(.2:cool:
-Remington Rider pocket revolver (.31)
-Martini-Henry MK.III rifle (.577)
-Martini-Henry MK.I carbine (.577)
-Calisher & Terry's Breech-Loading Rifle (.537)
-Calisher & Terry's Breech-Loading Carbine (.537)
-Alexander Henry Rifle
-Alexander Henry Police Carbine
-Snider-Enfield rifled-musket
-Snider-Enfield MK.III Cavalry Carbine
-Rock Cooper Underhammer Pistol
-Allen's Underhammer Parlour Pistol
-10 other Single or double-barreled traveling pistols in various calibres
-Robbins & Lawrence pepperbox
-Birmingham pepperbox
-Mariette pepperbox
-Rock Cooper pepperbox
-Beaumont-Adams revolver
-Webley Longspur
-Tranter 3rd model revolver
-Kerr's patent revolver
-Bentley's patent revolver
-Webley wedge-frame revolver
-Henry 1860 repeating rifle
-Evans repeating rifle
-Spencer repeating rifle

With more to come...

Graphical Improvements Across The Board...
-All-new horse mesh, with more detailed tack, and coat variants
-All-new facial meshes, and hair styles. Faces have morph targets for customisation.
-Oodles of guns. Everyone will be able to express personal flair with their very favourite weapons.
-All new foliage and terrain textures. Adventure in a setting never seen in a game like Mount&Blade.
-Highly optimised foliage assets, attentively reflecting the rugged and well-wooded plains of the region.
-All new period-correct costume. All costumes will have different variants in colour and pattern.

General Eyecandy:
What you're probably here for
snider.jpg

more_flora.jpg

gonzobattle.jpg

Scenery:
The sights and sounds of the Wild Colony
rocks.jpg

2011-11-30_00008.jpg

house_ingame.jpg

land4.jpg

Thank-yous and credits:
A candid look into the gunsmithing of AIA
Arch3r - For talking me through some scripting basics. A real good guy and creator of some great stuff.
Docm30 - An excellent artist working on another solo project. He's given me sound advice where needed and I hope to continue swapping information with him for a long time to come.
Dunde - Another excellent scripter and creator of the permanently depleting ammo script. Blew my mind.
Romanoir - For fiddling around with the mod and giving me some ideas on how to get the best out of some of the default shaders

Some of our guns in the making:
A candid look into the gunsmithing of AIA
revos2.jpg

pistolas.jpg

bakeSW.jpg

A bit of history:
It's actually a "spiritual successor" to a mod I made years ago (2007-ish) with my cousin, back when the module system was fairly unstable and frequent engine updates meant we had to start nearly from scratch every time.

The intention is to make a mod with full-quality content. Ideally I'd like the mod (or at least everything the mod adds) to look equal or higher quality than stock MnB. This doesn't mean higher res, but more skill, care, and technique in content creation.

How long has it been in production for?
since about the 16th of november, 2011.

When you said 1880's I thought boer war which was backed up by your pretty good screenshots. Though of it was I don't think there would be that many muskets used even by the boers

Slawtering said:
When you said 1880's I thought boer war which was backed up by your pretty good screenshots. Though of it was I don't think there would be that many muskets used even by the boers

well, the boer war guess was wrong... As is the reference to muskets. My screens dont show any muskets, just yet :grin:

Docm30 said:
Harry_ said:
Slawtering said:

well, the boer war guess was wrong... As is the reference to muskets. My screens dont show any muskets, just yet :grin:
1880s, eh? I'm thinking something like The Proposition.

You need to be silenced! :grin:

Not quite... but you're warm.

Slawtering said:
I meant the flintlock styled pistols though im not too good with old firearms so I didn't know if it was a percussion cap or a flintlock.

all percussion pistols except one which is pinfire, and a cartridge rifle.

read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise, read, practise,

Impressive models, and sexy tree. I notice in the first screenshot of the trees
that they all turn the same way - the texture is identical on all of them.
That's odd because they're usually placed randomly.

Back
Top Bottom