mbwarband20111119161530.jpg

Comrade Temuzu said:
Needs bigger server pl0x.

Also screenshots from a map I made:
mbwarband20111119161446.jpg
mbwarband20111119161502.jpg
mbwarband20111119161512.jpg
mbwarband20111119161530.jpg
Great map I like it. Now Im making a map too. I love that mod. I can make some models to. PM me if you need any help.

edit : I can make my avatars armor :razz:

This mod is great, nice work. but I see aproblem in everyone charging into the enemy spawn... I think it is because of the quests that everyone just charges to the front and tries to be the first to kill enemies to get Quest Progress... That is a problem I think, no tactical play...

edit: Is it just me who does not get any experience (only assist xp) and no loot any more?

Patta said:
This mod is great, nice work. but I see aproblem in everyone charging into the enemy spawn... I think it is because of the quests that everyone just charges to the front and tries to be the first to kill enemies to get Quest Progress... That is a problem I think, no tactical play...

edit: Is it just me who does not get any experience (only assist xp) and no loot any more?

Its the Invasion syndrome xD
Rambos rush out trying to get kills,and end up getting swarmed and die. Dont worry,they eventually learn. Or ragequit.

Nice concept. One critic tough: fighting the same enemies over and over again, gets pretty boring.
I know it's supposed to be Nords vs. Swadia, but perhaps giving the Nords some allies,
to make their troops a bit more varied, might take away the boredom that eventually turns up.
But of course then the mod would emerge to a full version of Invasion with experience, so it'"s quite hard
to find a solution for this.

Regards

Before adding more factions I would suggest reworking the existing faction. For Example a nord on a Swadian Charger or in a Mail and Plate is not good. Destroys much of the background story I think. It seems like you simply fight some random guys that picked up equipment somewhere.

I agree on the variety aspect, more factions or a randomised system of selecting waves would both be good.

Also if you wanted some more maps I might be able to put a few together, they're small in general so it wouldn't take too long for each one. Just let me know of any requirements specific to the mod for mapping, I haven't mapped for a mod before.

Hi guys, we just launched the 0.2.5 patch which addresses some of the bugs and adds more features to the game. Whilst I definitely agree with you, the mod is still in its early stages and some of these features, such as more variety etc. will be added at a later date for sure, however I am only one person and I only have so much time available!

• New Features
  • Talk to the living - Press the 'u' key when you are dead and you will be able to chat to all players, alive or dead
  • Lots more crafting content (See the crafting board for more details)
  • Added the basics for player run houses (These act as guilds for players to organise around)

• Changes / Fixes
  • Nord Sargeant now has a Hunter instead of a Charger
  • Items that are dropped can be picked up now, if your strength is high enough.
  • Fixed lots of glitchable/exploitable areas in Swadian Village
  • Spread out the spawn of Nords, they will now approach from the hills as well as the main entrance
  • Fixed the bots spawning on the boat on Beach Assault
  • Fixed a player spawn bug on mountain pass that meant sometimes people fell to their death
  • Stats and Attributes should be more stable now
  • Level cap has been raised to 34 (this is again temporary for now)
  • Changed the ratio at which you gain strength / agility making it take a lot longer. However the difficulty requirements to buy weapons in the marketplace have been halved to compensate for this.
  • Fixed the bug with FF not being active on the servers. There is now 10% self friendly fire
  • Fixed an issue with the soup/ammo resupply not storing in the stats properly

• Misc
  • Optimized the mod release by removing a lot of unnecessary files (it should be around 5mb now)
  • Changed the splash screen logo to include version number + logo

As always, download can be found here

Haha, we will hopefully be adding a map or two next patch, however the focus is now primarily making improvements to the web side of the game. We just added player to player trading to compliment the Auction House already in place (a great way to find that elusive christmas hat :grin:)

Back
Top Bottom