Tribes Ascend

Users who are viewing this thread

greatsword

Sergeant Knight
So TotalBiscuit put up a WTF is... of this game, so I thought I would try it out. The game is currently in closed beta at the moment, and seems to be a follow up of the other Tribes games, which I am a complete stranger to, but anyone else given it a try? Or has been a fan of previous Tribes games?

Fun competitive multiplayer game. I'm in the closed beta, as a friend who owns a LAN gaming center was kind enough to give me one of his keys.

It looks a lot like Halo 3 with the gravity turned off, but plays a lot better, considering 1) it's on the PC and 2) the controls are nice, tight and responsive (partially because it's on the PC) making for fast, frenetic and fun shooty-gameplay which hearkens back to some of the classic MP FPS's.

Also, just started watching the WTF is... and I was totally thinking a good comparison to Tribes Ascend would be Quake Live and then he said the same thing and I was all "squee".

Yeah, if I had any money I'd get it. Just prepare to be frustrated a lot by dying and not being able to hit **** :razz:

Hi-Rez hooked me utterly with Global Agenda. A very enjoyable game, especially if you're able to get into the top agencies for AvA like I was.

Looking forward to Tribes a whole lot.

So tempted to drop the 20 quid for this.

My only problem is the minimum requirements. My PC definitely can cope, but with these heating problems, I can still only play TF2 on all Low.

Caved and bought it anyway.

I bought one of the Tribes games, it was fun and all, except the multiplayer connection/servers sucked, can't remember which.

It's a pretty hard game to master.

I've got a beta key that I'm not going to use, if someone wants it they can have it.

Got a key by Selcouth a while ago. Installed it and all that, but haven't played it yet.
And then they accepted me into the beta again and gave me another key. Wut?

Back
Top Bottom