• Shintoism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Traditional Religion

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pantheism

• Agnosticism

Votes: 30 8.2%
  • Non-religious, but spirituality in some form.

Votes: 17 4.7%
  • Atheism

Votes: 119 32.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Taoism

• Buddhism

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Terrible at Werewolf

Votes: 35 9.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Dystopian said:
Now I know this varies from Catholicism to Protestantism (And inside of it), but in Catholicism Jesus and the Father are the same person. So again, the fact that he chose good doesn't make any difference to me because as they say he could not have chose otherwise. But you know, **** reasons amirite? All you need is Faith.

They're not really the same person, unless you're Unitarian, in which case, why do you even bother.

But anyway, let's say they were. Still counts. God can't do evil, true. But not because he's bound by some external, let alone man-made definitions of good and evil, but because he is the definition and measure of good. He easily could have not let go of the blood debts and it would have been good.

Anyway, poor Jesus. I bet he's sitting in heaven and is all like "I'm an ethnic minority, I'm poor, I criticize the establishment and get offed for it, I provide free health care, I hang out with hookers....what else do you liberals want from me??"

kurczak said:
Dystopian said:
Now I know this varies from Catholicism to Protestantism (And inside of it), but in Catholicism Jesus and the Father are the same person. So again, the fact that he chose good doesn't make any difference to me because as they say he could not have chose otherwise. But you know, **** reasons amirite? All you need is Faith.

They're not really the same person, unless you're Unitarian, in which case, why do you even bother.

But anyway, let's say they were. Still counts. God can't do evil, true. But not because he's bound by some external, let alone man-made definitions of good and evil, but because he is the definition and measure of good. He easily could have not let go of the blood debts and it would have been good.

Anyway, poor Jesus. I bet he's sitting in heaven and is all like "I'm an ethnic minority, I'm poor, I criticize the establishment and get offed for it, I provide free health care, I hang out with hookers....what else do you liberals want from me??"

Yeah I do understand that point of view, I guess "God" could have killed everyone and it would have been good because what he does is always good but thats a bunch of bull**** anyway. Poor Jesus just chilling with his mom and a bunch of boring fanboys drooling over him 24/7, or I guess eternity.  :dead:

I'll put that beer down when it's empty, I don't want to tease Mag with a full bottle.
If you really want to help alcoholics you have to do your best to drink all the alcohol they might come into contact with. Humanitarian work is hard.

Dystopian said:
Yeah I do understand that point of view, I guess "God" could have killed everyone and it would have been good because what he does is always good but thats a bunch of bull**** anyway.

Careful there, lest God sends a bunch of bears to make a bunch of bull**** out of you (2 Kings 2:23-25) And lo, it will be good.

Dystopian said:
Poor Jesus just chilling with his mom and a bunch of boring fanboys drooling over him 24/7, or I guess eternity.  :dead:

I don't think you appreciate how hard work customer service is. Like a third of the planet is constantly up in his ear, talking a whole bunch of **** he ain't tryin to hear. Plus all the saints pass along the intercessions, like "sinners on lines 1 to seven zillion, we told them their call is important to us, what do we do next?" And that's after he introduced modern management methods.It's not like he's some micro-managing narcissist. He did delegate sin forgiving to priests, but people are still like "nope, I want to talk to your supervisor". ****ing millenials, amirite.

That's what I don't like in christian (and many other kind of) praying. Communicating with your god should go like "Hi, I hope I don't bother you, I just wanted to say thanks for life n' stuff, if you need something - anything  - just holler." But instead it goes something like "Hey, dude, I love you more than anything, it's just the life I got from you is quite flawed, so could you please give me a bunch of this and help me out with that, kthxbye". It's all begging and asking for something; if I was a god I'd be fed up with the hordes inviable beggar twats pretty fast.

The ridiculous thing about prayer is that God, being omniscient and omnipotent, should be well aware of every little problem you have. And if he wanted to fix it, he would.

Jesus concurs.

And when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

I think prayer's purpose could be taken as reminding the prayee of who's in charge and what to be thankful for, rather than asking for stuff. I :meh:f you want to look at it like that. But you can look at it however you want. I don't know how I view prayer, but I do it habitually.  :party:

... 6 decades later, in the shattered wreckage of civilization, a lone wanderer uncovers an ancient computer terminal that, miraculously, still functions. The wanderer turns it on to find a single simple message:

Still... waiting....

The wanderer, taking this as a sign that there is still hope for humanity, founds a community devoted to waiting for the coming of the chosen one.

Somewhere else, a devout atheist's body begins ominously turning in its grave... What dark terror has this wanderer awoken?

Turns out it's still clutching a keyboard and screen in its dead hands, fingers tragically frozen only a millisecond before it could finish the sentence that would have crushed all opposition.

Mage246 said:
... 6 decades later, in the shattered wreckage of civilization, a lone wanderer uncovers an ancient computer terminal that, miraculously, still functions. The wanderer turns it on to find a single simple message:

Still... waiting....

The wanderer, taking this as a sign that there is still hope for humanity, founds a community devoted to waiting for the coming of the chosen one.

Somewhere else, a devout atheist's body begins ominously turning in its grave... What dark terror has this wanderer awoken?

As the small religious community grows, the body starts turning ever faster, eventually being felt from the surface.
After months, or even years of tremors growing ever stronger, a band of intrepid adventurers dig to the tomb, turned into a sizeable chamber by the rotating mass in the middle.

Seeing the potential of this find, a member of the group, normally tasked with tending to their more advanced equipment, successfully attaches an axle and generator to this mass, eventually allowing another community to form on the site.

Das Knecht said:
Turns out it's still clutching a keyboard and screen in its dead hands, fingers tragically frozen only a millisecond before it could finish the sentence that would have crushed all opposition.
Oh, crap, didn't notice...still, I like my version more betterer.

I got a baked patato question for anyone willing to read. I was curious how some of you atheists feel about satanism? Do you all agree with it or are you all on the same lines with it as Christianity or any other major religion?

As for Atheism I was curious if you all feel you can be truly free from religion as an individual and become independent.

Back
Top Bottom