MP Native [WB] Cloak&Dagger - Alpha Testing has Begun! (Updated 5-12-11)

Users who are viewing this thread

Demonwolf

Knight
Guess who's back, back again. Remember that little mod that was based on AC:B where a player would assassinate another player and hide in the crowd but stopped half-way? Well, guess what. School's over, my computer's fixed, and now, with more skills, more time, and the fact that this mod idea had so much potential, I can... well, mod!

There are some differences though. First off, I think there was a mod somewhere where you could hide in the crowd and stuff. I respect that, so I will not add that feature into this mod, unless there is popular demand. Instead, it will focus more on hiding, stealth, subterfuge and camouflage. Oh, and if you're really desperate, smoke bombs.

Second of all, instead of making it in the real world, I'll place the mod in Calradia, so all the factions would be Calradic versions of real assassins, or maybe even fictional ones (like Arcani for example). This also expands the possibility of SP, but after I'm done with MP.

Features (green = finished, orange = in progress, red = not done yet)

No fall damage
Two new factions (so that porting to SP is easier)
New scenes
New classes
More weapons

More hiding opportunities (bushes, hay)
Smoke bombs
Poison?

Factions:

The Assassins

To most ignorant folk, an assassin is simply a cold-hearted killer who is tasked with killing a certain target. But to these men, assassination is an art. They were taught from childhood to be the cold-hearted killers they are today. And to their targets, they are the shadows that lurk at night. Their worst nightmare.

Their classes are:

Hashashin

The Hashashin of the Sarranian Deserts, known in the common tongue as the 'Angels of Death', was originally a monastic order founded by an exiled heretic, far in the mountains, near the Khergit steppes. Under the oppression of a minor emir, they mastered the art of poison-crafting, and soon took over the northern areas. Moving, nay, gliding ever so gracefully, they take out their target, often with poison, and escape without a trace. They fall from the sky, landing onto the mark's back and bury their twin daggers into their throats. Guards never manage to catch them in time. Never.

Arcani

This ancient order was found back in the days of the old Calradic Empire, serving as the Emperor's own secret service, though most Emperor's met their ends at the end of their pugios. However, while the Empire eventually fell, the Arcani moved underground, and survived. Their headquarters are known to be Uxkhal and Praven. They wear ivory masks to conceal their identities.

Shinobi

Across the sea, far east of the Khergit steppes, is an ancient kingdom that fell to the Khergit hordes. However, there seemed to have been a sort of resistance. The villagers of the Oda clan started to use their farming tools as improvised weapons, and fought back. They soon built a reputation of professional assassination, and were feared throughout the land.

The Counter Assassins

Due to the rise of the assassins, some felt the need to curb this new threat. Thus many orders were born, to combat their foes. Three major ones have been noticed among the kingdoms of Calradia, and they have been mostly employed to guard them.

Their classes are:

Bravi

The Rhodok bravi, or bravoes, are mostly thuglike mercenaries at a glance. However, they are accurate marksmen, relying on deadly crossbows. These sharpshooters have prevented many assassinations, and are often nimble and agile, so should an assassin flee, the bravo may pursue.

Taiga Hunters

The Taiga Hunters, from the frozen wastelands to the north, are often seen as barbaric, yet their methods are brutal and effective. With their heavy axes, they are used as bodyguards, keeping as close to the target as possible. With these at hand, it is impossible for the assassins to reach their targets. They wear thick fur so as to absorb as much of the damage as possible without slowing them down should the need arise.

Ulfsark

The Ulfsark, from the Nordic islands to the far north, have a reputation for being extremely bloodthirsty and agile. These warriors fight in a pack like wolves, hence the name, and can chase after even the fastest assassin, not to mention their strength. They however have a tendency to fly into an unstoppable rage, and may hurt anyone, both allies and enemies. They tend to wear wolf skins.

Team

Demonwolf

Sigs

cloakdagger.png

Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,202204.0.html][IMG]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2071/cloakdagger.png[/IMG][/url]

Credits

Shcherbyna for Shinobi Jump animation

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
Idea is already done. Go with something else...

Nope, blending with the crowd is done. He has bots and stuff moving around the towns. Mine is more of hiding, camouflage, and assassinating/defending the target.

Edit: I'd like to take this opportunity to say that we are recruiting scene editors.  :mrgreen:

Maybe its better to make a total AC crossover (with the characters/maps/abilities). What you mention now is already being done in the shape of Assassins Hunt.

Phalanx300 said:
Maybe its better to make a total AC crossover (with the characters/maps/abilities). What you mention now is already being done in the shape of Assassins Hunt.

But mine will be different from his/hers. Assassin Hunt, as I have already said, relies on hiding in the crowd. In my mod, there will be no other bots except probably the target (if that game mode is played). Then, the assassins will have to kill him while the counter assassins will have to defend him.

Demonwolf said:
First off, I think there was a mod somewhere where you could hide in the crowd and stuff. I respect that, so I will not add that feature into this mod, unless there is popular demand. Instead, it will focus more on hiding, stealth, subterfuge and camouflage. Oh, and if you're really desperate, smoke bombs.

Did you guys not read?

From the peanut gallery...
I encourage you to keep working on this Demonwolf, as you had begun to a degree before, and you've the desire to which is great.
However, I'd also encourage you to make contact with Patta, scripter of Assassin Hunt. Given the size of the player-base, etc, it may make more sense to pool efforts and to have both play styles/game types incorporated into a larger, coherent package.

Caba`drin said:
From the peanut gallery...
I encourage you to keep working on this Demonwolf, as you had begun to a degree before, and you've the desire to which is great.
However, I'd also encourage you to make contact with Patta, scripter of Assassin Hunt. Given the size of the player-base, etc, it may make more sense to pool efforts and to have both play styles/game types incorporated into a larger, coherent package.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll think about it.

A town would be rather bland without people to populate it. Anyways, if you need me to make ninja robes again, just tell me. I know what I did wrong last time now  :razz:

Rigadoon said:
A town would be rather bland without people to populate it. Anyways, if you need me to make ninja robes again, just tell me. I know what I did wrong last time now  :razz:

True. Maybe there will be bots, it's just that you are not given the same costume so that you can't blend in.

I could use the ninja robes. Can I ask what was wrong last time?

Edit: Oh, and guys, should I add in dismemberment and decapitation?  :grin:

Alright, so there won't be any progress for two days, cause I'll be going somewhere. Right now, to prove you all I'm actually doing something, I'm already making the factions, and making some Hashashin Robes. I just need some inspiration though.

Demonwolf said:
Alright, so there won't be any progress for two days, cause I'll be going somewhere. Right now, to prove you all I'm actually doing something, I'm already making the factions, and making some Hashashin Robes. I just need some inspiration though.

For Hashasin Robes, try Gothic 3. It has some awesome set of Hashashin armors in game.

Rigadoon said:
Seems like a way to tell everybody on the map where you are...I would imagine it would be a much more drab and simple outfit, like this

Hashashin_by_wraithdt.jpg

That would be for the lower end players. Those who are strong enough to earn the money to buy Hashashin Robes can probably survive without a problem.

Belendor Torheal Artendor said:
For Hashasin Robes, try Gothic 3. It has some awesome set of Hashashin armors in game.

That looks almost like what I'm after, it just needs to look a little more... monk-y.

Assassins are mostly done. Screenies coming soon. In the mean time, which design do you guys prefer for the Arcani?

RS_Arcani.sized.jpg
Arcani_by_RudolfIskandar.jpg
roman_arcani_info.jpg
17fl3.jpg

First and third pictures aren't working. If your going for inaccurate look (obviously they looked like ordinary Roman civilians I gues) then the Rome Total War one would probably work for inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom