Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

fedeita said:
I've made the branches longer and irregular, now what to do to improve the leaves? any idea?

118q3w6.jpg

fratello you should really release it OSP and make props for RaW  :grin: :grin: :grin:

amazing work! BRAVO e continua così!

new mesh for my dragonstone helmet
493212helmnew.png

I have some problems with useless tiny faces stucked between the outside and the inside faces of the helm, and I can't access them since zoom in wings is not very precise. Any advice to delete them ?

rinoz said:
that orc from before. textures super wip

fWFwcoE.jpg

Good anatomy.
Pecs can use some fixing, and so does his crotch.

fWFwcoE.jpg

SacredStoneHead said:
That's a sculpt, probably around or high up the 10 million mark.

Also, lookin' good, Curtis, very solid anatomy all around, curious to see it developing  :q

Things that could use some fixin':

-The teeth insertion looks kinda unnatural;
-Breast muscles could have a smoother transition in the lower part;
-Hand veins have strange directions.

Agreed.
For veins:

IMG_26082014_001626.png

IMG_26082014_001631.png

Reyne said:
493212helmnew.png

I have some problems with useless tiny faces stucked between the outside and the inside faces of the helm, and I can't access them since zoom in wings is not very precise. Any advice to delete them ?
Try separating the object (select in object mode, right click, and then separate) and then hide your main helm and see if you are left with the extra polygons, if you are then you can delete.

Also what do you mean zoom is not very precise? Do you use the aim function (recenters the camera) in wings? It may help you out, infact I dont see how you could model without it (I have it hotkeyed)

La Grandmaster said:
Reyne said:
493212helmnew.png

Try separating the object (select in object mode, right click, and then separate) and then hide your main helm and see if you are left with the extra polygons, if you are then you can delete.

Also what do you mean zoom is not very precise? Do you use the aim function (recenters the camera) in wings? It may help you out, infact I dont see how you could model without it (I have it hotkeyed)

select face vertex or object or few of thems "shift+A" and your camera will get it as a center object about with it is going to rotate
use "alt+zoom" if you want to zoom more than simple it allows you

rgcotl said:
La Grandmaster said:
Reyne said:
493212helmnew.png

select face vertex or object or few of thems "shift+A" and your camera will get it as a center object about with it is going to rotate
use "alt+zoom" if you want to zoom more than simple it allows you

My issue probably came from the fact that I use sketch up camera. I use the alt-zoom but the view made a cross section of the helmet.

Thanks for the answers.

Some wall pieces mashed together to test them in game. Wall has two textures, one clean and the other overlaid with some vegetation, both tiling each other.
Still quite WIP. Moss texture is visible on second floor, feel free to ignore that  :wink:
6mRE9xv.jpg

So I made my Soviet Truck and Austro - Hungarian Howitzer never once thinking they would be together.

....I was wrong

2014-08-29_1343.png

2014-08-29_1344.png

close up of howitzer:

http://www.artstation.com/artwork/skoda-howitzer

Austro said:
So I made my Soviet Truck and Austro - Hungarian Howitzer never once thinking they would be together.

....I was wrong

2014-08-29_1343.png

2014-08-29_1344.png

close up of howitzer:

http://www.artstation.com/artwork/skoda-howitzer
you are extremely good at modeling i must say  :grin:

Time for another round of my crappy low poly models!. This time it's some random tank design that I came up with this morning. It's supposed to be an amalgamation of British and French WW1 - interwar tanks (chassis of a renault FT, turret of a cruiser and the mud chute/tread guard of a Matilda II), I've still yet to add tracks so once I've done that I'll start adding all the other tank goodies.

CT-12 Tank

EDIT: Tracks, wheels and guide rollers added, just need to add the suspension bogies now.

This is my first attempt on texuring a model from scratch. I have only made the basic fabric and recently finished my kneecaps, alltough I would like some feedback on them before I go any further. I'm pretty happy over the kneecaps because I made all the textures by hand aswell as the fabric. I personally think the kneecaps don't really pop, it doesn't look like they're 3D, but you know if you don't stare at them too long they actually don't look so bad.  :roll:

I saw the seem now on the leather strap on his right leg, I might put the "belt lock" (don't know what it's called, not even in my native language) there to cover up the seem or do the easy thing and  blend the seem with the smudge tool, I use Gimp by the way. I also practiced on doing cloth folds, wich I succesfully made but then I realised that the straps would be covering the folds on the back of the legs.  :eek:

o2353FM.png

Update (moved the kneecaps down a bit):
px9HQQx.png
From distance:
nEAuGRi.png

By the way @Reyne, that is awesome... mad respect! I'll be as good as that someday.

@Volkonski That is a very nice design, I find it hard to make low poly models to be honest, I think it's and art itself to be able to make low poly models. If I make a sword, and I look at someone elses sword, I have twice as many polys as the other sword, and the other sword still looks better then mine. I think a lot of it depends on who is the better texturer in the end.  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom