Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Meh I'll just leave that rendering business alone, meanwhile im working on some monster designs for a game I plan to make in the future. This is early as I still plan to add the arms and legs to them, they are spider like creatures and the one on the left is the queen while the right is a warrior. What do you think so far.

I got bored again.

*Snip - Old Link*

Edit: Just realised I've left out most of the windows. You get the idea.

Edit 2: No normal maps on any of that yet.

Edit 3: Added the windows, lightened the texture slightly, made a road.

street1 (View in 3D)

FantasyWarrior said:
I like the sharpening Jarvisimo  :eek:
Cool site (P3d) !

Thank you Blobmania  :wink:

If anyone else is interested to make some realistic costumes (uvmap/rigging/or retexture from native, from photos of real costumes or real cloths)  :oops:
Town walkers/peasant/nobles/guild master/bandits...

nUNOF.jpg

Sorry but i'm alone on my mod and I am going mad  :mrgreen:
And please tell me  if you have this on osp...
I was thinking about making doublets and stuff. If it'll go well(and you'll like them of course), you may use them.

Btw you are interested in civilian or fighting costumes?

And while we are at this, anyone has any resources(photos of statues, illuminations and stuff like that) (especially) concerning late 15th century?

Jarvisimo said:
Wardrobe looks neat Blob.

Okay, my contribution:
http://p3d.in/LudWz
Helmingas sword. The diffuse is more or less finished. Not made specular or normal maps yet.
312 polies. :smile:
Nice one, especially the hilt. This is just my opinion, the sharpening could be more intense.

I'm currently working on 15th century sallet. Here it is:
Nope. It doesn't work and I have to start over. Well, beginnings are always hard...

Blobmania said:
Some roads to go with the Roman Apartment I posted earlier:

Roads (View in 3D)

Looks good, what type of models and stuff does that website there allow you to upload. Saw it before on here but never checked it out, also any comments on these creatures im working on. Doing the legs at the moment, I'll finish the rest tomorrow as it's late here.
KFFZa.png

I'm liking what I'm seeing here errbody, keep it up! :smile:

So, finally, the Corinthian helmet is more or less ready. I'm quite satisfied with it, though there are obvious issues there to be seen. But, I'm getting back to modelling, and since it has almost been a year since I did proper modelling, this is a good re-start.

Anyhow, 2 sets of pics. First set without any special effects or that, only just basic lighting, normal + specular maps. Second set is a kinda a "photo shoot" set that I took with effects n such. Hope you like em. P.S: I'm aware of the clipping. Wasn't meant for Warband head in the first place.

WARNING! BIC PICS!

ETQTWl8.jpg

cKvv7jH.jpg

zlX2mMd.jpg

qUxTNOt.png

2O77gc8.png

x0noNxW.png

bj2tdCE.png

YYcZoZr.png

tMaduH0.png

4PigQhE.png

Il1vXzr.png

NsTLQ7q.png

1Amku3x.png

FabgNXv.png

KXB5bvZ.png

4Fjn5lQ.png

mr.master said:

So, finally, the Corinthian helmet is more or less ready. I'm quite satisfied with it, though there are obvious issues there to be seen. But, I'm getting back to modelling, and since it has almost been a year since I did proper modelling, this is a good re-start.

Anyhow, 2 sets of pics. First set without any special effects or that, only just basic lighting, normal + specular maps. Second set is a kinda a "photo shoot" set that I took with effects n such. Hope you like em. P.S: I'm aware of the clipping. Wasn't meant for Warband head in the first place.

WARNING! BIC PICS!

ETQTWl8.jpg

cKvv7jH.jpg

zlX2mMd.jpg

qUxTNOt.png

2O77gc8.png

x0noNxW.png

bj2tdCE.png

YYcZoZr.png

tMaduH0.png

4PigQhE.png

Il1vXzr.png

NsTLQ7q.png

1Amku3x.png

FabgNXv.png

KXB5bvZ.png

4Fjn5lQ.png
1. The normal map is pretty rough on the metal.
2. The crest holder should be made of wood.

I personally don't find it too strong in the normal set, but I guess I can lower and see what happens. Crest has been noted. As I explained to ya, was suppose to be non-metal, but something went horribly wrong in the uvmapping progress with the crest, so I didn't bother trying to fix it anymore after a few tries, so I settled with that. Though the crest does look quite ugly with the current texture.

Gothic Knight said:
mr.master said:

WARNING! BIC PICS!

ETQTWl8.jpg

cKvv7jH.jpg

zlX2mMd.jpg

qUxTNOt.png

2O77gc8.png

x0noNxW.png

bj2tdCE.png

YYcZoZr.png

tMaduH0.png

4PigQhE.png

Il1vXzr.png

http://i.imgur.com/NsTLQ7q.png[/

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Amku3x.png
FabgNXv.png

KXB5bvZ.png

4Fjn5lQ.png

A real weak normal map or a smooth one that just picks out patterns for heightmap and that would look better.

The front might have duplicate edges in the same place when you tried welding them. The ridge along the top is also not so symmetrical, especially towards the back. You can shave off a LOT of vertices along the flatted part near the top (and add a few along the actual ridge), as well as on the inside of the helmet.

Wow, two pages of models since yesterday, Good job guys  :smile:
(i dont know if it's corect in english)  :lol:

Bayard-X said:
FantasyWarrior said:
If anyone else is interested to make some realistic costumes (uvmap/rigging/or retexture from native, from photos of real costumes or real cloths)  :oops:
Town walkers/peasant/nobles/guild master/bandits...

Indeed. But why don't you go to the page of the Renaissance Mod. Some of the supporters have provided us with lots, lots of reference images which are slightly more authentic  than these ...

Sorry but i'm alone on my mod and I am going mad  :mrgreen:

Welcome to modding. You mostly walk alone. Some may have resources to share, be thankful. However, you'll find a lot of people who will promise you a load of  work and who'll leave you in the mire all alone. You mostly walk alone.

Yes, it's not authentic i know  :lol:
Thank for the information, I'll take a look.

I'm interested by an exchange of models/costumes if possible. I send to you an pm when i want start my civilian costums (i return to codes a moment)  :neutral:

TomW426 said:
Gothic Knight said:
mr.master said:

WARNING! BIC PICS!

ETQTWl8.jpg

cKvv7jH.jpg

zlX2mMd.jpg

qUxTNOt.png

2O77gc8.png

x0noNxW.png

bj2tdCE.png

YYcZoZr.png

tMaduH0.png

4PigQhE.png

Il1vXzr.png

http://i.imgur.com/NsTLQ7q.png[/

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1Amku3x.png
FabgNXv.png

KXB5bvZ.png

4Fjn5lQ.png

A real weak normal map or a smooth one that just picks out patterns for heightmap and that would look better.

You guys were right. There was something I couldn't get my finger on, and it indeed was something simple as the normal map. Changed it to a much smoother one and it totally looks better. Ill post some pics soon. Thanks.

Blobmania said:
It accepts .obj models and .jpg textures.

Sounds good but I remember people talking about a site like this before and saying that in the terms and agreement they have ownership of what you upload and can use it without your permission, is it that site or was that another.

Also I added the rest of the legs, just need to do the arms and coat around the waist/chest. Im basing this off the shadows from Babylon 5, just want it to slightly resemble them.
b5shadows1.jpg

Sallet is more or less done, I even have basic texture. But, one question. As I'm new to Blender, why has this happened?
njmq.jpg
It's fine in Blender and in P3d. But in OpenBRF it isn't. Has it possibly happened because I just mirrored half of the model without welding them together?
P3d link:
sallet final (View in 3D)
http://p3d.in/GLwdf+shadeless

Back
Top Bottom