Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Type3 Yawshan & Mail and Plate Boots:

type2a.PNG
type2b.PNG
type2c.PNG
type2d.PNG

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
You mean clipping, that happens to few of native armors too, I could try to do something about that as long as it doesn't requires re-rigging.
Well there is this. And the fact it ends by mail chains looks like it's missing a part like to close the mail.

Bayard-X said:
Anyone ever made an attempt at beards and hair??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First attempt at a beard. I am not very satisfied however and already started a remake. I think I found a good and natural way in creating beard models from scratch.

Anyone having experience in UV-mapping and texturing beards and hair?

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
You mean clipping, that happens to few of native armors too, I could try to do something about that as long as it doesn't requires re-rigging.
If you rig it on openBRF, you can re-rig it quite ease. You can combine different rig types. For example, in this armor at the left:
261hwtl.png
I have used plate armor's rig for the torso and the knee pads, leather jerkin's rig for the skirt, and main armor's rig for the others. You can follow these steps to combine rig types:
First decide which parts will look better with which model's rig.
Part your models(like arms, torso, legs) to rig them seperately, than combine all of them.
The last step is copying it's skeleton to your model. Ta da, here it is. I hope you find this usefull.

I use the trick too but thanks  :wink:  Problem is if the tip of bazuband goes even a tinye bit inside, couple of verts start to use rigging of elbow and messes things up, so I try not to temper it much.

Tatari_okan said:
Zimke Zlovoljni said:
If you rig it on openBRF, you can re-rig it quite ease. You can combine different rig types. For example, in this armor at the left:
261hwtl.png
I have used plate armor's rig for the torso and the knee pads, leather jerkin's rig for the skirt, and main armor's rig for the others. You can follow these steps to combine rig types:
First decide which parts will look better with which model's rig.
Part your models(like arms, torso, legs) to rig them seperately, than combine all of them.
The last step is copying it's skeleton to your model. Ta da, here it is. I hope you find this usefull.

Uhm, it is indeed hell the trick. By the way i liked both of you guys' models. :smile:

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
I use the trick too but thanks  :wink:  Problem is if the tip of bazuband goes even a tinye bit inside, couple of verts start to use rigging of elbow and messes things up, so I try not to temper it much.

Few escaped verticles should be returned to their bones quite easy using fragMOTION :smile:

I tried to make a celtic sword (Without any refferences  :oops:) and here´s the outcome: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/celticsword.png/

EDIT: I also made this fantasy sword, for practicing purposes: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/fantasysword.png/

Back
Top Bottom