Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

faradon said:
Hurr...I did a rock too! It´s not really great though

sculptris20100611152120.png

Too shiny. That's why they're metallic-looking... other than that, a beautiful example of a rock =P

I think it looks shiny because of the material I used (there aren´t that many of them and I thought that one looked best)

What's up with people and rocks these days...  :lol:

But it brings us to something I've been contemplating lately: we need more random scene props, like rocks, tables, chairs, plants, etc..

We see the same ones in every mod...

Llew2 said:
Snap, I am having WAY to much fun playing around with rendering. Just some random rocks that I made, and then started trying to render nicely. (I decided not to spam up Faradon's thread with rock renders.)  :razz:

The one on the side fits a bit too snuggly, otherwise fine.

Austupaio said:
Barf said:
Hey! what a coincidence, me too!.
Rocks-1.jpg
(I kid, I kid).

Huh, this may sound odd but those look exactly like a rock formation from a level in Mass Effect I just played.

I have the 1 million triangle highpoly versions if you need to see them as proof of my conception.

I did play mass effect 1-2 almost religiously for a couple weeks, so maybe I subconsciously copied it  :neutral: .

I would argue the rocks are way too smooth, I think thats partly why they look unreal to me. Barf's is a good example of what I mean; Since they're relatively big, they'd have more angles and stuff, I think.

assassina.png

Separate models (armour and hood). The texture didn't turn out as great as I wanted it to... Now to learn how to rig. Yay!
Feedback?

Haha well for real feedback:

The Hood and arms look great and I love the 6 knives ( Look badass).

The armor itself looks a tad blurry.

Highelf said:
I would argue the rocks are way too smooth, I think thats partly why they look unreal to me. Barf's is a good example of what I mean; Since they're relatively big, they'd have more angles and stuff, I think.
Very true. The ones that I make that take longer than 3 minutes to model + low level subsurf, will, I promise, look better.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom