Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

prev_phygrian_helmet.png
well just wanted to throw this one here (not the first try to make phrygian helmet, but i am quite happy with this one)

I just watch the film "Alexander" (with A.Jolie, A.Hopkins ...) and disvored that your profil photos was Alexander's helmet  :mrgreen:
I said : "Woaaa it is rgcotl hellmeettt" ...

Anyway, nice work ! :smile: Really impressive.

Details on the helmet are on mesh or with Normalmap ?

mostly normal map +some 3d details
yes i have used before alexander movie props references to do helmets
but those were not as great as real ones i did with the last one

RMOD-Dylan@
that render looks wierd
i cant understand why you using 16 vertex cylinders for small and big objects
i know it looks good on the main weapon
but 16 vertex cylinder on that big cilinder (in with ordionarry are putted bullets) at least could use 24 vertex, even 32 wont do big damage to poly number
and if you want to keep low poly number the same then better take out some polys from other smaller cilinders and put thems where they could do something good.

rgcotl said:
RMOD-Dylan@
that render looks wierd
i cant understand why you using 16 vertex cylinders for small and big objects
i know it looks good on the main weapon
but 16 vertex cylinder on that big cilinder (in with ordionarry are putted bullets) at least could use 24 vertex, even 32 wont do big damage to poly number
and if you want to keep low poly number the same then better take out some polys from other smaller cilinders and put thems where they could do something good.
I kept it strictly under 2 K polys, but sure I could refine in other places if I need to. For now I want to see what it looks like final before revisions to the model itself. Almost positive that adding edges wont cost me much time. I have about about 100 polys to play with before taking any detail away.

I was thinking in terms of the gun and animations itself. I was thinking about having the free hand hold the magazine, so it effectively hides the issue if I want.

well with hidding hand you probably wont hide it so much as you hope so
the problem mainly with objects like that is that in low poly model you need to keep object smoothness level.
And for example smaller cylinders at the moment have like 4x smaller diameter
so in ideal way biger cylinder had to be like 4x more smooth than it is now

rgcotl said:
well with hidding hand you probably wont hide it so much as you hope so
the problem mainly with objects like that is that in low poly model you need to keep object smoothness level.
And for example smaller cylinders at the moment have like 4x smaller diameter
so in ideal way biger cylinder had to be like 4x more smooth than it is now
Fixed. I just went ahead and gave it more sides since it didn't alter the UV at all.

Burned out for today.

1956850_749198321783594_4406707905957861781_o.jpg

Captain Lust said:
Why does your wood grain follow the shape off the butt? Think about why that doesn't make sense.

zVJTnQP.jpg
Because it isnt done and it follows the UV. You mean the grain flows up and around the stock? Yeah. UVWs. For now. I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to nitpick that! Thanks.

If my back doesn't hurt too much today I will do something about it. Overall, what do you think?

Oh, and you showed me a PPSH-41. This is a Suomi M31.

RMOD-Dylan said:
Captain Lust said:
Why does your wood grain follow the shape off the butt? Think about why that doesn't make sense.

zVJTnQP.jpg
Because it isnt done and it follows the UV. You mean the grain flows up and around the stock? Yeah. UVWs. For now. I honestly wouldn't expect anyone to nitpick that! Thanks.

If my back doesn't hurt too much today I will do something about it. Overall, what do you think?

It was a rhetorical question. I mean it shouldn't go up and along. The type of gun is also irrelevant to the error I was pointing out.

I also understand the technical reason but it just doesn't make physical sense, which is a problem.

Captain Lust said:
RMOD-Dylan said:
Captain Lust said:

zVJTnQP.jpg

It was a rhetorical question. I mean it shouldn't go up and along. The type of gun is also irrelevant to the error I was pointing out.

I also understand the technical reason but it just doesn't make physical sense, which is a problem.

How about instead of wasting time with this you come and answer the questions here?? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,308637.30.html

lordnivek1 said:
How about instead of wasting time with this you come and answer the questions here?? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,308637.30.html
He is allowed to post on other sections of the forum without catering to your every whim.

SacredStoneHead said:
lordnivek1 said:

Just **** off.
I genuinely don't mind he butted into the conversation. He's obviously frustrated at something and needs help more than I do.

SacredStoneHead said:
Seriously? I still think a random entitled ****** that comes to a thread just to say someone else should post elsewhere could **** right off and instead use PMs if he's in such a dire need.
We all get worked up. Cut em' some slack from time to time. Besides, he saved me from negative criticism.

RMOD-Dylan said:
Besides, he saved me from negative criticism.

Lust made a valid point.

If you think you're too good to acknowledge you're going to work on it later or didn't noticed it, I bet you shouldn't be posting in a thread where people will inevitably give you feedback.

ElPadrino said:
I really don't understand what is happening  :evil: Is it a fight ?

No?

Back
Top Bottom