Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Proffesional Street Bum said:
well for some weird reason my wings doesn't wanna work anymore it just crashes maybe cos i got a new video card meh i would post some pics of some of my stuff i've done bu can't be stuffed lol.

Stuff like throwing axes,scythes,helmets a shuriken pistol if I/anyone ever wanted to do an oversimplified version of a 40k mod

can' t wait to see yours !  :lol: :lol: :lol: and rilder, although i am  an asian i see that before almost like a harpoon but the design is different and you also must work hard  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit : i am starting to make a fanart thread at the anacronist please come and look for me i am online everyday , there is not a day i am not online .  :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

second edit : please , call me by my informal name , jason . :razz: :razz: :razz:

meh, why not

Here is my (crappy textured - I'll change it) Thomson M1.
It's alittle high poly since i have beveled edges.

thompson_r2.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/RanGer_SLO/thompson1.jpg

After this I'm doing BAR 1918  :wink:

not again ! nobody answered  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: 

:idea: :idea: well i am modelling almost 5 weapons an hour  so heres another :

the hilt plus custom made sharp pommel :

the sharp blade :

the full picture:

my first vertex made blade , :oops: i always use full objects  :oops:

edit : ranger ! right before my eye there is this old machine gun ! :shock: :shock: :shock: i cant believe your could model shotguns and machine guns , i just started so i only know swords .

WeeSeng said:
edit : ranger ! right before my eye there is this old machine gun ! :shock: :shock: :shock: i cant believe your could model shotguns and machine guns , i just started so i only know swords .

look at yoshis ship models (now that's something to look at  :wink:)

BTW:
use the render mode to make images (you get a much better model - with AA and better lightning)
File -> Render -> click the square next to OpenGL (to go into render options) and export it anywhere, then either upload or make it a jpg with photoshop (or any other program) and the upload it - that way you make the file size much smaler.

billhook3to5.jpg

Heres my upgraded halbard (man i really need to figure out how to texture stuff)

also "jason" :p it seems like your not spending enough time on your models, 5 models an hour is kinda fast o_O,

Rilder said:
>pic<

Heres my upgraded halbard (man i really need to figure out how to texture stuff)

also "jason" :p it seems like your not spending enough time on your models, 5 models an hour is kinda fast o_O,

because it was an hour ago that i finally learnt to use vertexes ( kinda slow learner) and the 5 models and hour is because i use full object now it is 1 hour 2 models  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and your halbard sure was great :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Thanks people. :smile:

That Thompson is awesome! You're not doing too bad either Rilder. Weeseng, nobody answers because the pictures don't show. I think you didn't provide the right link.

Raz said:
Thanks people. :smile:

That Thompson is awesome! You're not doing too bad either Rilder. Weeseng, nobody answers because the pictures don't show. I think you didn't provide the right link.

really ?! but is it after a while then it shows ? ok , maybe the connections a bit slow like me , sloowwwww learnerrrr .  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's some of mine, I did these in TrueSpace (I rattled them off in a few minutes. The "bevel edges" tool is now broken due to overuse :razz:)

gems0000.png

NOTE: These may someday be embedded in some modelled weapons, which is why I'm posting them here

More (random stuff) to come soon.

Well, here it is, my first (proper) sword. I must ask you not to scream (well, not until I texture the thing :razz:):

predone0000.png

EDIT: Here it is, in all its pride and glory:

sword1.png

Question: how does everyone here make their models? Do you make it all in one go, or make all the parts seperately and glue them together at the end? I find making them seperately and combining them is a little easier.

wow nice job cymro

heres my first sword :razz: not real good, like how I did the handle though  bridge ftw :razz: 

sword1ax2.jpg

everyone ! good work on those models and for first-timer if you manage to use vertexes to create your first weapon you are a fast learner , and for those who use objects and manage to colour it , good job , not like me a slooow leearner :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

heres is the medieval ages great axe , i spent over half an hour just for the pommel and 10 minutes for hilt and 20 minutes of inclined plane and the handle !  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: please ad mire my non- coloured copy later i will post .

please wait for my coloured copy please ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

here it is, my first medieval sword in wings

sword_render.jpg

Cymro said:
Question: how does everyone here make their models? Do you make it all in one go, or make all the parts seperately and glue them together at the end? I find making them seperately and combining them is a little easier.

Depends

If the model has alot of stuff on it then i just rather make seperate instead of extruding everything after im finished I make it 1 object beafore UV mapping.

But for this sword I just used 1 model.

RanGer_SLO said:

>pic<

>quote<

Depends

If the model has alot of stuff on it then i just rather make seperate instead of extruding everything after im finished I make it 1 object beafore UV mapping.

But for swords I just use 1 model.
[/quote]

great sword and you used only one object ? cool ! how do you go about making a cube into a round pommel i dont quite understand , or making the end into a round pommel ? please answer me !

WeeSeng said:
RanGer_SLO said:

>pic<

>quote<

Depends

But for swords I just use 1 model.

great sword and you used only one object ? cool ! how do you go about making a cube into a round pommel i dont quite understand , or making the end into a round pommel ? please answer me !

easy I use the smooth function

right click -> smooth or use the S button.

So if you want to make a handle use extrude and then smooth the handle. If you want to make a blade use insert (right click -> insert) then smooth the insert, scale it so you make it thinner then extrude.

Cymro said:

I do it in one piece. Inset, extrude and hard edges. Same if not better look, much more efficient ingame. Just a little harder to model that way since you can't lock/hide or other options that apply to objects.

Back
Top Bottom