Erlingar

Users who are viewing this thread

My lord Þorkell, I would like to pledge you my spear and axe, and join your band of warriors. Just as a warning, I'm from North America, so I usually won't be able to play on week days before 23:00 GMT.

We are no lords, none of us, nor do we wish to lord over anyone, and this the first thing you must realize if you are considering to join us. We are free, brothers.

Harkon Haakonson said:
We are no lords, none of us, nor do we wish to lord over anyone, and this the first thing you must realize if you are considering to join us. We are free, brothers.

It's all the same to me, as long as I get to kill someone.

Greetings Alrekólfr, we are of course honoured that you would choose us over any other Víkingr group, but sadly we must decline for now due to our membership policy - we only take in individuals whom we know to be good persons and with whom we have fought many battles. In your case this would of course be a problem seeing as you live in North America; I would point you towards a group based in your area, though I do not know whether any of those are active. We had at one point a NA based server hosted by Kveld-Úlfr.

From a dusty drawer!

Hengistarkviða in meiri
                                                                                                                                (The Longer Song of Hengist)

One night in the meadhall
                                                                                                                                In Lower Saxony,
                                                                                                                                Erlingar met Hengist
                                                                                                                                And he met his destiny.

They spoke with two brothers
                                                                                                                                Their names quite odd.
                                                                                                                                Hengist was sober,
                                                                                                                                Horsa was not.

Insults between Horsa
                                                                                                                                and Harkon were passed.
                                                                                                                                Until Hengist struck -
                                                                                                                                By the Gods! - he was fast.

His long seax, shining,
                                                                                                                                In Horsa's neck he placed,
                                                                                                                                A black eye only
                                                                                                                                On Harkon's face.

He then took a place
                                                                                                                                at an Erlingar oar.
                                                                                                                                But forget Horsa
                                                                                                                                He will nevermore.

Thus Hengist lost a brother
                                                                                                                                And gained some new.
                                                                                                                                Men never know
                                                                                                                                What the Norns spin for you.

Glad to have you with us, mate! You and your nephew did a good job - and while we Erlingar aren't very talkative, it was good to have someone responding and sharing his ideas. :wink:

A bunch of lovely lads i'd say, Talented and gorgeous fighters. See you on the battlefield men.

- Godric

Erlingar, I want to join you. My previous nick was Azypka and my current nick is Frigga. I think you know me from the server so I don't need to introduce myself(but ofc I can introduce myself if you want to). How do you feel about me as the one of you?

Hail Frigga.

Thanks for the interest, but you should know that you don't seek us out, we seek you out to join us if we like your presence. :razz:
That means we don't work on applications, rather we see you on the Vikingr game server, the forums and possibly events, and if we like your personality, we'll invite you. We constantly discuss new potential brothers for our longship in our forum. Maybe if you're lucky one day we'll discuss you!

Fought alongside Jofridr and Thorkell today which was quite the sight but alas my skill within Vikingr has escaped my graphs. I look forward to playing alongside you all once more so that we may shed the blood of our enemies together.

- Godric

Hail Erlingar we fought well. Did't see Harkonette or Hengist but battle is chaos. I was in dilemma between our lucky witch and our king.

All pubbers I salute you! We did very well! Awesome  :twisted:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:lol:

Digging the new parchment payroll, Torky! These medieval runes sure are fancy.

Oh well, thank you. I didn't change the runes themselves (they are still taken from Codex Runicus), but I reconsidered the mode. I applied some older features like the exclusion of double consonants (as in Þorkell being written Þorkel) and the nasal consonants preceding another consonants (for example Hengist being written Hegist and Erlingar being written Erligar). I also removed the dotted spacer in Víga-Styrr, so instead of Viga:Styr it is written Vigastyr. All of these changes make for a more plausible 11th century use I reckon.

Hengwulf said:
Hey Vikinglord.

We Erlingar do not recruit players but rather search them out ourselves. Since Vikingr is down for some weeks now, and I have never seen you before I am quite sure we don't know you yet. When the servers are up again, hopefully soon, we will surely follow you and if you prove yourself both on the battlefield as on the forum you might be contacted by our Lögsögumaðr (Dansk Viking).

Hope to battle with you soon.

Hengwulf Erlingr

That answered my question before I even asked it here. I'm looking to encounter with y'all, but since my GMT is different - GMT - 03:00, it's hard to me to join the events, but I'll try to do my best in the next event, if possible.

I am Hólskuldr, from the Kingdom of Borgarr.

Back
Top Bottom