"Settlers"

Users who are viewing this thread

I always was thinking about "families", persistant faction and clans in particular. I do not believe that random groups can achieve any level of "good" play.

I can imagine "smart" group of players who quickly take control over castle and from this point start to recruit. Recruit need to do his work for the faction before he can be "promoted". This work is obviously serf work. Mining and woodcutting first but after that a little of charity work for faction in food industry. Faction should store some food in the same way it has to store weapons to be really competitive.

It is down to the leader if he like to pay serf or just motivate them by promissing "promotion". My intention is to give Lord of Faction full control on who he like to recruit and who not. If player can not do basic "team working" task how he can perform in next stage.

This have to be tested as simply players can "put whole idea down" by not willing to participate. However I do whatever I can to "force" that kind of play by map structure. We shell see...

What I want for sure is to make serf tools as chip as possible so switching beatwen task would not be so expensive at it is now.

The best example is engineer work. His basic task - making weapons - is profitable. His second task - fixing, building - is for "charity"(sake of faction).
Serf should work in the same way.

gaham1 said:
NOVICIUS said:
I am slowly moving to have all training in faction. It would work like that:

1.You still train in castle as a soldier and in castle only
2.You can train as faction serf/eng/doc in village - by doing so you accept the very fact that you are the part of the faction but you have some benefits:
How about making a barracks where they can train as huntsman and the other weaker classes then the castle be for the "knights" which has the stronger classes

Sorry I missed this comment. It is good suggestion. I have idea to add diffrent structures to different faction/settlements. For example: settlement I am building now is very Swadia like. Lord/knights and seargents with the rest of population working for them. I imagine that Rhoddock society would be more "democratic" in that sense that it would allowed training for militia.

As an effect of it player would have option to choose which faction is more suitable for him. This should help him with better identification with faction.

Because of that:

Vornne said:
NOVICIUS said:
How to make faction door enterable for all members of faction. It seams that when I set door with var1 - 2(Red Faction) it is locked for serf(from Red Faction)
You can't; there isn't enough information available in value 1 and 2 to specify that behaviour. The point of only letting faction members that were given keys to open the doors is so that the lord and trusted members aren't likely to be so worried about letting unknown players join, that they might just let other people into the castle under siege or whatever (resulting in most factions only consisting of 3 or 4 friends); this seems more realistic and was planned from the start, I just didn't get time to implement it before the first release.

I have to go back to previous concept which is faction for soldiers only...It was more realistic in the first place anyway...

I never liked commoner soldiers anyways

they just roam around and run into a prexisting fight killing a person for no reason and taking their gold

its pretty sad

NEW TAVERN IDEA to help player with food exchange.

SO...

THERE IS A TAVERN INTERIOR:

mb6.jpg

YOU CAN OPEN DOOR TO THE BAR [just some protection against trouble makers]

mb8.jpg

ON THE LEFT BAR YOU CAN SERVE DRINKS

mb7.jpg
BEHIND THERE IS FIRE PLACE WHERE YOU CAN COOK

mb10.jpg
ON THE RIGHT YOU HAVE EXCHANGE CHEST - your client can put flower/fish/barrel inside and pay you some money. You can take it out and make some food for him without risking to much. Dangerous times require special caution. :wink:

mb9.jpg

There is also your personal chest so you can store some product and sell them using exchange chest.

PS. I guess I need more light in here :roll:

Do not forget props! Right now your tavern looks a bit dull. More like a barracks cafeteria than a tavern.

NOVICIUS said:
PS. I guess I need more light in here :roll:
The lights are fine.
But when I think of taverns, I usually visualize "wood" (wooden structures on walls, barrels, ....).
Right now it's a little bit too "stony" in this:
mb6.jpg
Probably a few props -just like what killer said- will do.

• Vineyards inside the town
  • Vast wheat fields outside of it (in front)
  • More enterable homes/apartments with a basic beds and such.

Tavern looks great btw.

Thanks for  it. Really.

Just so you know: there will be no Town in this map. What you see is very small village. with unfinished wooden palisade around it. And yes: almost all buildings are for reason = enterable. :grin:

I prefer to call it RP Kingdoms or Lordships but YES ..this map [if ever will be finished] will be focus on team work, faction play and yes...castle wars. This is what the whole mod is about and I try to use it to the full potential.

NOVICIUS said:
I prefer to call it RP KIngdoms or Lordships but YES ..this map [if ever will be finished] will be focus on team work, faction play and yes...castle wars. This is what the whole mod is about and I try to use it to the full potential.

I the name of Legolan(thats me :grin:) you must finish this map!

Well..I failed with two previous map because mod change in the mean time. This time around I am not making TOWN (it took me month on each map to make town I liked). From other side there is a lot of staff to be implemented even in simple village [Thank You Vornne :grin:]. I left some space for possible improvemants in the mod so this time around I should not be suprised that much to give up on map. I can not promise anything but your comments are very helpfull.

still:

NOVICIUS said:
I start to do some experiments. I am not saying that I will finally produce the map. I am just having fun trying things.

..I have new music to work with  :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfnI0iXZs9k&feature=bf_prev&list=PL669461A54501C560&lf=results_main

I guess I do what I can and give it to my master - TRACTOR I LOVE YOU :roll: toooo SMOOOOTH IT

mb12.jpg

Doc room in Tavern. You can cook in this oven as well as store items in the chest. There is some "clean face" surgeons scalpel and poison dagger.

Suggestion: Real Assassins should take doctor profession. So close from healing to killing. Shame that  doc can not craft poison dagger by himself...but well. It does make sense that you need partner in crime  :twisted:

What I like about your new project, is that you take care of every profession and build the facilities related to it. You decided to build a tavern, and a clinic instead of just building a "training room" with all the training posts, and an "armory room" that includes scalpels,...etc. I can't think of any warband items that can be added to this room, except a couple of books maybe? Anyway, good job! It seems I always like your map ideas, yet you never got the chance to finish them. Hopefully, we'll get to play this one soon.
Real Assassins should take doctor profession.
It should go like: Assassins should pretend to be doctors. Remember that anyone can use poison daggers, and not just doctors. Someone with a doctor's armor, a poison dagger, and a sword, can be deadly.

Back
Top Bottom