"Settlers"

Users who are viewing this thread

NOVICIUS

Master Knight
My new/old idea is to make PW something like "Settlers".

Not exactly obviously... :lol:

Just try to imagine that you play "Settlers" but you are actually one of this funny guys running around busy like bee, producing goods for common good of their great nation. To be honest we getting closer and closer to the nice RTS in which players are rather played than playing..If you know what I mean. In positive way.

I start to do some experiments. I am not saying that I will finally produce the map. I am just having fun trying things.

So there it is...

mb4.jpg

The yellow parts are destructible/buildable

Concept:
1.Castle is practically independent.
2.Wooden/Earth walls sourand the area which will become village with all what village can produce, Tavern and so on.
3.All taxes would go to the castle.
4.Villagers would be commoners - serfs, engineers, doctors
5.In Castle would be Faction training for soldiers - and only soldiers
6.Soldiers would have to go to village to buy weapons and food, to hire engineer in case of repairs or visit doctor
7.If Commoner like to join faction he has to go to castle which can be close all the time as it would be only reason to go there - no more serfs running around and shouting let me in pls, no more random players who join faction without asking.
8.Soldiers should protect commoners if they want to have resources for war
9.Soldiers can go for war and ride another settlement very similar to this one.
10.Soldiers are happy and commoners are happy. :grin: - if soldiers make commoners unhappy the village will be empty!

Iron mines would be behind the castle in the mountain. Not so far away but road would be quite difficult.
Forrest would in front of village but in quite a distance.
This castle is "iron castle" and will always struggle with wood. Basicly "settlers" used all wood to build the walls and houses... :roll:

gaham1 said:
Looks fun I loved that game

P.S. remember to add brewers and farms :grin:

Still can not make my mind about farms. Should it be inside walls or outside. I guess practise decide. If I run out of space it will be outside...

NOVICIUS said:
gaham1 said:

Still can not make my mind about farms. Should it be inside walls or outside. I guess practise decide. If I run out of space it will be outside...

well, back in the day, in northern scottland, small farming towns would have them inside the towns, along with other parts of the world as well, just using it to make a point.

Caell said:
With 5 resources it would look somewhat stupid, cause there would be much random killing, and no RP. People will get tired, resources system is running badly.
It will be down to Faction soldiers to keep order in the village. Lord task to judge and lead his small nation. Rplayers will go to this settlement which would be organise better and rule more effectively. I do agree in general but you need time to make mod. I just remind myself that we are still in beta and a lot of staff is add for testing rather than full concept.We have to wait.
Caell said:
For example, why I should eat fishes, if doc can heal me to 3/4?
I hope that wise Lord would spend some money on food. In case of attack it could be not doc inside of castle. There will be chest next to castle beds in which food could be stored.
Once again I do agree with you. I see that this concept is not finished just yet and Vornne just testing it. I found out many times that he do not like talk to much about it to not fully reveel his next step.[we love suprises] and keep his mind open.
I left my self option (this time around) to quickly add whatever he will through at me in next update  :wink:

killer110 said:
If only there were more people on PW.

You will get more people if map will be more attractive and more playable and when particular egos will gone and be replaced by PW cause (talking about servers)

No I didn't mean just more people playing on a single server I just mean more people playing the actual mod on any server.

I support you in this map novicius.

Just i may suggest to allow some "standard" wooden and weaker castles without the civilian/military system. (Serfs and military all together )

why ? Some people will not like to be forced into folllowing this social order, and i know that sometime soldiers just want to go back serfs to farm then get back in the faction.

Also, you can pretend they are barbarians. They get easier time to organise, but they don't have so much advantage than the medieval order castle.

I think that the lack of "barbarians" castle and forcing people into joining civilian that killed the attempt for that in scene 7

Aldric said:
I support you in this map novicius.

Just i may suggest to allow some "standard" wooden and weaker castles without the civilian/military system. (Serfs and military all together )

why ? Some people will not like to be forced into folllowing this social order, and i know that sometime soldiers just want to go back serfs to farm then get back in the faction.

Also, you can pretend they are barbarians. They get easier time to organise, but they don't have so much advantage than the medieval order castle.

I think that the lack of "barbarians" castle and forcing people into joining civilian that killed the attempt for that in scene 7

Thanks Aldric  :grin:

I think that I will just try to finish it without extra pressure and give it to the public as open source. Serever holders can always add their concept to it. My personal idea is to bring back PW to original Castle War Team Game. I fought about some strictly RP places but it would be rather single standing Tavern with food industry around.

It is my third attempt to finish map ao I can not and do not want to promise anything. Will see...

..back to work NOVICIUS!!!!

The Bowman said:
Points 5, 6, 7 and 8 are in my new map already. You can take some ideas though. :razz:

I strongly believe that with corrent PW mod this is only way forward. I have that idea ages ago, but still on mapmaking You are my master :razz:
I can not wait to see you map in action.

Legolan said:
NOVICIUS said:
gaham1 said:

well, back in the day, in northern scottland, small farming towns would have them inside the towns, along with other parts of the world as well, just using it to make a point.

In fact, back in those times farms outside the walls.

Most towns here in Scotland didn't have walls for a start. Only a few. E.g - Edinburgh or Stirling had walls later on than Berrick did (Berrick is now part of England though, used to be Scottish in Medieval times, but changed hands quite alot). But, they both had large castles.

So yea, here - farms were outside the walls, if they had any. In the highlands, towns didn't even have walls.
Castles and towns here probably wouldn't have been able to fit farms inside anyhow  :wink:

Just a heads up for you.  :smile:

From practical reason I placed it inside. It is just to much running for poor serfs. BTW the walls will not be finished plus wooden walls were added later. It is not town as well just village next to castle.

mb5.jpg

Btw I have no clue why mapmakers do not put weel and buckets next to fields and brewery. You can feel up bucket with weel instead of running to river.

Back
Top Bottom