FenrisBarn

Users who are viewing this thread

The handle is attached with handmade nails punctured through then bent down onto the wood. Least favorite part was attaching the rawhide. I am done sewing things for at least two weeks.

By the way "River Pirate" you really missed out when we met up in real life. Next time we link up you are coming no matter what happens. Was literally arranged by the Gods and one of my favorite memories of this life time.

When we found out you weren't coming...
gXKM2.gif

Goddamnit buddy I will! I will swim there if I have to. I shook Einar's hand when I saw him in Australia though so if he never washed it maybe he carried a tiny bit of me to Germany in dirt if not in spirit? We should talk soon I want to hear all about it!

Ragnar Bell said:
Took a long time to build this. Fenrisbarn shield. My dogs Freyja and Tyr's paw prints / runes on the left and Fenrisbarn trademark on the right.
YcZb48L.png

q9zW3j7.png
It is always good to see one of us dwellers of the digital realm to commit himself to honest handiwork. May I ask how long it took you all in all to craft this shield? I especially approve of the rawhide rim being sewn on the shield instead of being simply nailed on it. Speaking of the rim, I assume you have attached it edge on edge and forgot that rawhide shrinks when drying, or are the gaps due to some other reason?

Ragnar Bell said:
Least favorite part was attaching the rawhide. I am done sewing things for at least two weeks.
The sewing certainly takes its time but I personally find it much easier, even though a bit more cumbersome, than sewing cloth together since the holes already specify where to plunge the needle.

On a side note, you do not shoot that arrow anymore, do you?

Back
Top Bottom