can there be a multiplayer version of mount&blade?

should there be a multiplayer online version?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

ryno

Recruit
i think there should be a multiplayer version, as you can trade weapons, join parties, team up against npc's, fight in the arena against each other, and more. and if it is already multiplayer, i wouldn't know because ive only played the demo version. :?:

yeah, i guess it does. but its best to wait, because mp is a good thing and will make the sales skyrocket (a good thing for all!)

I believe the mods have said that it can only be possible for Mount&Blade 2( if they decide to do one in the future). Thus make this game famous, so that the next one comes :p Such a game with mmorpg capabilities would be awesome though.

Armagan has already said it wont happen, hasnt he?

Making the game MP would be very difficult as time isnt continuous, though there are some exceptions.

MP battles should be doable. Imagine a quickie with your friend in the arena or on the battlefield (with 15 sweaty swadians on each side).
Coop campaign play could probably be done with relative ease as well, provided one player is happy with just controlling his guy in combat. That's how multiplayer RPGs tend to end up anyway.

Coding network communication and such is however a totally new direction and understandably outside the scope of the project.

ilex said:
Yes *"quickies" should be easy to make... or not dunno.
*sounds fun

In theory it is pretty easy.:grin: In practice it depends on how the combat engine works. Basically you just dont want to shuffle too much data between the machines. Still it is a new design direction and requires a new line of thought, and I know from experience that it is difficult to adapt to a new paradigm while working on a largish programming project.:smile: I'd rather see Armagan & Co making SP really good than lose focus.

The problem arises from the fact that it wasn't built from the start to be multiplayer. Armagan would likely have to write large sections of the engine and code.

Yeah I wonder if 2 skilled MB players dueled with equal gear on foot, how long would the match last? Block, Block, Block, Block, Block...

lol good one ilex :smile:

I voted yes because I've been waiting for a realistic medieval 3D multiplayer game for years now

Back
Top Bottom