Porting Warband animations to original Mount&Blade

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm, it seems that the opinions on these animations are mixed. While I personally think they look alot better than the native ones, I feel that the TLD team could do a better job with more fitting animations made from scratch.

For example, I've always wanted to see Elven swordsmen in M&B using the down-upwards motion slash when using two-handed swords. Not sure if this is true to the lore, but at the beginning of the first LotR movie you could see Noldor swordsmen repelling an entire rank of orcs with this technique at Dagorlad.

Anyway, even though the Fire Arrow anims may not be the ideal replacement, I'm glad that they at least made some people happy. :razz:

found something pretty bad with the pack, tested with just TLD no other mods.

when you are stabbing with spear from horseback theres no up/down animation when aiming it, its small but kind of a big deal its hard to aim your stabs with a lance have to kind of guess.. there is with native m&b animations, but native couch animation sucks.

so playing as a lancer really not sure what I prefer, left and right couching or aimable thrusts  :neutral:

Banok said:
found something pretty bad with the pack, tested with just TLD no other mods.

when you are stabbing with spear from horseback theres no up/down animation when aiming it, its small but kind of a big deal its hard to aim your stabs with a lance have to kind of guess.. there is with native m&b animations, but native couch animation sucks.

so playing as a lancer really not sure what I prefer, left and right couching or aimable thrusts  :neutral:
To be honest, the lack of aiming was something I disliked about the animations as well. So if the majority of the people dislike this, I could just leave the new spear thrust animations out. I think that the native spear thrusts don't look that bad at all.

trueten said:
So, MrExpendable, will you update your animation mini-mod :smile: due to the new TLD patch being released?
Well, the current upload still seems to be compatible with the latest patch. The TLD team included a new actions.txt file, which is slightly bigger then the one used in the submod (50.3kb opposed to 50.4kb). When the decision on the spear thrust animations is made I'll add the animations to the latest actions.txt and upload the pack again. :smile:

So, should I leave the new spear-thust animations in for the next version of this submod? Or is it better to just leave them out and keep the native ones in for the sake of aiming your thrusts?

@ above
yeah I noticed this, think its only for lances or rohan lances, and its a overhanded stab

MrExpendable said:
So, should I leave the new spear-thust animations in for the next version of this submod? Or is it better to just leave them out and keep the native ones in for the sake of aiming your thrusts?

native ones for aiming thrusts, pretty pretty please. i'll wait on making a lancer character until you do :wink:

infact I just did a comparison for native all the thrusts and I cant see much difference tbh, native ones look the same but you can aim them up/down on foot and horse. so if you could keep the native thrusts for 1h stab and 2h stab as well as polearm, we can aim those up and down on foot and horse too.

(1h native stab looks better imo, 2h is the same and polearm cant really tell. its mostly only just the swings in the pack which make the difference.)

Alright, I've ported the animations to the latest version of TLD. I left out the trusting animations and kept the original ones.

Download link for MegaUpload is here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD4UBATF
And here the link for the GameFront upload: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20982039/TLD+WBANIMS.zip

And here are some screenshots of what they actually look like:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

y'all these 2 links are screwed, can anyone upload this great little thing somewhere? thanks a lot

Allright, I've updated it. Here's the link to the new version for TLD 3.2: http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/mods/3797/

I forgot about how awesome TLD is. I really hope that the modding team is planning on porting the mod to Warband anywhere in the following 2 years. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom