MP Sci-Fi Fantasy [WB] Warhammer 40k: Battle for the Imperium ALPHA v3 RELEASED.

Users who are viewing this thread

AndreusAs said:
Have you something to offer about that? One by one, if you can, so that we could take something into accont considering our plans and spare time. And nope, it has been in development for long :smile:
I can give a few pointers, sure.

First of all, considering the area already has some fortification, it would only make sense for the bigger structures to be connected by a trench network. Not to mention that if there has been a need for fortifying, the ground would probably not be untouched, but full of craters, blown out earth, maybe even remains of the initial defenses like shattered sandbag positions and barbed wire.

Secondly, relating to the fighting, I doubt a forest would stand for a long time. Sure, it's good considering gameplay, but could be replaced with something that looks more in-place, such as a large pile of rubble and things.

Lastly, converting a Native map is not necessarily a bad idea, but it needs to be a full conversion, not a half-arsed modification. Mostly talking about getting rid of ALL the medieval stuff, buildings mostly, replace them with ruins or even better, custom props.

If you need help with the scene, I still have a few free days left, so I'd be glad to do the work for you. :smile:

Comrade Temuzu said:
Lastly, converting a Native map is not necessarily a bad idea, but it needs to be a full conversion, not a half-arsed modification. Mostly talking about getting rid of ALL the medieval stuff, buildings mostly, replace them with ruins or even better, custom props.
Actually, if you make it half-medieval half-sci-fi you could get some sort of Knight World theme going.

ClearlyInvisible said:
I don't think that's in Warhammer 40K lore...

They could just give it a new texture and make the castles more metallic.
Actually it wouldn't be out of place to have a sci fi medieval mix. You have to remember that a lot of Imperial worlds are complete backwaters and a few are literally still in the medieval period with only primitive autogun and laslock tech.

Aye, that is true.

Here's a question that's been boggling my mind for a wee bit, do you plan on making multiple armor skins for the Imperial Infantry? That way people can be various regiments, like the Desert Raiders or even the Iron Guard.

Hm. Well that's probably for the best, considering how many different units were within each kind of regiment.

Some people making a mod for NW found a way to add more factions than 5 into the game, I don't know if you've gotten than done or not but if not, you could ask them for some info.

For the Imperium, may all of the forces of chaos feel the seething embrace of my hunting lance!

Right now, we have almost everything for pre-alpha. All we need - fixing of some critical bugs, which either pretty much hard or impossible, as our scripter, who had done a lot of stuff now has IRL businesses.

So, what I can offer in this situation - release of what we have now, just to be sure it wasn't in vain. If another scripter appears in two or so days, to fix some weird minor bugs - then we will continue working on mod to make pre-alpha as much playable as we can. So, what would you say?

I can honestly warn you, that, for example, the autogun with ideal accuracy (which is the most critical bug right now) will ruin any game, but we don't have any other choice.

Pre-alpha released. Though it's pretty much playable, some bugs exist. It's also not very well balanced, I'm arranging test-game to figure out what is either OP or UP. So if you want to join - PM me.

Versions - 153 and higher. WSE is NOT required.

Game modes TDM and BATTLE only.

Bots are added, determine number of bots BEFORE starting server.

It's going to be updated anyway, but scripter is BADLY needed.

If someone want to make a map for mod - just do it :wink:

Feedback is welcomed. If anybody wants to host a server for it - please, PM me.

Link - http://dfiles.ru/files/f0n713rv9

May want to get a quick hotfix out if you want people to test play with you, currently there is no way to shoot the guns and melee weapons have a tendency to just bounce off, only rarely do you ever actually kill someone.

It's a feature. Though, it surely must be balanced, it was made intentionally to represent guard's armor. Try to aim at head and legs and you will see the difference.

Anyway we can speak about balance after first tests. I got server hosted right now.

IG_Test, password 1234.

It's not an event, but a test game. Connect if you want.

I fail to see how a chainsword could bounce off a guardsman and renegade, Flak armor is only designed to bounce shrapnel, not a giant ass chainsword. Also were you replying to all of my feedback or just the melee weapon bouncing off, because if its a feature to not be able to shoot the guns then i fail to see this mod going very far.

It's all about balancing, which is not possible without testing. A little of it has already been done, so here is new patch, with some balance adjusted (melee weapons stats mostly) and grenades ported from BF. Servers are hosted sometimes, and I will aware you of it in this thread once one is up.

Patch - http://dfiles.ru/files/40xhjcdf9

A lil' bit more about armor. Only guards possess it yet, and it provides effective defence against slugs on long distance and weak melee weapons. It also helps to survive explosions. But it affects ONLY BODY (as "body" in M&B consists of arms, too, you can see bullets bouncing from arms, but it's pretty rare), so aim at head or legs. It's possible even with weak knives in melee.

Back
Top Bottom