Official 'Ask Questions About Warband Multiplayer Here' Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking about this one http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,301614.0.html , but that server is down apparently.

I'm guessing the server you on was Gothic_towerdefense?

Hi, i have a question regarding dueling. Well, actually maybe more reagarding combat mechanics.

As in, how good can you actually get? Is there a point when you became so good, it is impossible for anyone to slide around your blocks?
Did anyone ever encounter situatuion where neither duelist could defeat the other?

Also is there any record of longest dueling fight?
Maybe its just me, but i think these are some interesting questions :smile:

Blocking everyting is impossible. Sooner or later you Will make a mistake. You also have to focus on Either defending or attacking and if you defend too much the opponent Will keep attacking until you make a mistake. However if you start attacking you Will start showing openings.

Summary: Yes, you can block for a long time, not forever, if you only focus on blocking, but if you decide to attack, you Will eventually show an opening.

Has anyone got access to an updated table for multiplayer troop stats?

I am trying to confirm what the powerstrike is for the khergit and vaegir infantry.

Um hey guys and gals I have tried getting an answer as to what the problem is on the steam network but no-one has answered my question, I am trying to figure out why on earth why my multiplayer won't work on Warband, it just says unable to connect to servers, and thats it.

Help please XD

yedrellow said:
Has anyone got access to an updated table for multiplayer troop stats?

I am trying to confirm what the powerstrike is for the khergit and vaegir infantry.

Faction

Class

Ironflesh

Power Strike

Power Throw

Power Draw

Shield

Athletics

[td]Riding

[/td]  [td]1 Handed

[/td]  [td]2 Handed

[/td]  [td]Polearm

[/td]  [td]Crossbow

[/td]    [td]Archery

[/td]  [td]Throwing

[/td]
[tr]
[td]Swadia[/td][td]
uFjOzvs.png
[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]90[/td][td]90[/td][td]90[/td][td]180[/td][td]60[/td][td]90[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
sBB7vrZ.png
[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]105[/td][td]130[/td][td]110[/td][td]60[/td][td]40[/td][td]110[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
qJMeDcI.png
[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]5[/td][td]130[/td][td]110[/td][td]120[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Vaegirs[/td][td]
uFjOzvs.png
[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]7[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]60[/td][td]150[/td][td]80[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
sBB7vrZ.png
[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]110[/td][td]100[/td][td]130[/td][td]50[/td][td]30[/td][td]120[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
qJMeDcI.png
[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]110[/td][td]110[/td][td]110[/td][td]60[/td][td]90[/td][td]110[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]Nords[/td][td]
uFjOzvs.png
[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]90[/td][td]90[/td][td]90[/td][td]60[/td][td]150[/td][td]80[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
sBB7vrZ.png
[/td][td]4[/td][td]5[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]110[/td][td]135[/td][td]100[/td][td]60[/td][td]40[/td][td]140[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
qJMeDcI.png
[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]3[/td][td]6[/td][td]105[/td][td]105[/td][td]105[/td][td]105[/td][td]105[/td][td]105[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]Rhodoks[/td][td]
uFjOzvs.png
[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]180[/td][td]60[/td][td]90[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
sBB7vrZ.png
[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]110[/td][td]100[/td][td]140[/td][td]50[/td][td]30[/td][td]120[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
qJMeDcI.png
[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]3[/td][td]4[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td][td]100[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]Sarranids[/td][td]
uFjOzvs.png
[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]2[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]80[/td][td]60[/td][td]150[/td][td]80[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
sBB7vrZ.png
[/td][td]4[/td][td]4[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][td]6[/td][td]1[/td][td]110[/td][td]100[/td][td]130[/td][td]50[/td][td]30[/td][td]120[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td][/td][td]
qJMeDcI.png
[/td][td]3[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]5[/td][td]110[/td][td]110[/td][td]110[/td][td]60[/td][td]90[/td][td]110[/td]
[/tr]

Khergits not included in this one, though Xd

Leonemo said:
Is there a multiplayer Gold Bonus decleration on the forum?

On most public servers its something like this:

If you win and survive a round then you get 500 gold.
If you beat an opponent then you get 10% of the armor total cost that he was wearing.

But this can be set to something different by the admin's of the server. You can see it if you press 'esc' and goto 'show rules' on a server how much the bonuses are.

Not sure that's right, you get the 500 gold for just surviving the round, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose. Also I'm pretty sure its 20% of the opponents equipment cost as most kills will usually net you just less than 200 gold (which would make sense since the usual gold starting amount is 1000).

Leonemo said:
Thank you for the quick answers! :smile:

But now, we have to decide what's wrong and what's right. :grin:

Azan is like a sensei on this. Believe him over me anyday when it comes to Mount & Blade.

Windle said:
Leonemo said:
Thank you for the quick answers! :smile:

But now, we have to decide what's wrong and what's right. :grin:

Azan is like a sensei on this. Believe him over me anyday when it comes to Mount & Blade.
Lord Rich said:
Also I'm pretty sure its 20% of the opponents equipment cost as most kills will usually net you just less than 200 gold (which would make sense since the usual gold starting amount is 1000).
I'll try and prove it.

Hi, i didnt feel like starting a new thread so ill just stick this here.
Did you guys notice significant drop of multiplayer players? Like what is happening?
During steam  sales it was overflowing with new servers and bad players. Right now there are only highly skill players online, and a handful of just average players.

Okey, here is another smart one from me. Like usual I didnt want to start a new topic as it is scary and this might do just fine.
Some  more questions about warband combat mechanics.
As i said maybe earlier im mediocre player.
I talked to some pros... Well they seemed pretty good.
I noticed that in duels most player use only left/right swing + stab combinations. Overhead attack is to easy for them to block. Or it seems so.So they dont use it. Is this true or is it just my imagination?

Is overhead swing rudimentary with higher skilled players? How often is it used in duel tournaments and does it ever hit?
Should this be noted to taleworlds to upgrade it for bannerlord?

krafna said:
Okey, here is another smart one from me. Like usual I didnt want to start a new topic as it is scary and this might do just fine.
Some  more questions about warband combat mechanics.
As i said maybe earlier im mediocre player.
I talked to some pros... Well they seemed pretty good.
I noticed that in duels most player use only left/right swing + stab combinations. Overhead attack is to easy for them to block. Or it seems so.So they dont use it. Is this true or is it just my imagination?

Is overhead swing rudimentary with higher skilled players? How often is it used in duel tournaments and does it ever hit?
Should this be noted to taleworlds to upgrade it for bannerlord?

Overhead has its uses, one of the best being that it has the highest stun bonus letting you stun opponents weapons/shields depending on your weapon weight. It's also useful for chambering thrusts. However the main downsides are that it is slow (you cant increase the speed by turning like with the other attacks) and you also have more chance of missing. All the other attacks allow you to sweep your attack through the enemy making it pretty much impossible to miss.

So basically there are niche uses for it, it's not useless or irrelevant but it's not as much of a bread and butter move as the others because of a lack of speed and flexibility. In terms of whether it is useful for duel tournaments I would say probably not, both of the uses I mentioned are for 1H/polearm combat, that is where you find it being used a lot more.

Im starting to feel kinda silly having so many questions, but there is a lack of multiplayer guides regarding warband, and the most common way for me to get an answers from experienced players, is asking somebody on Ludus duel server.. But that is not always convenient so this time i put my question on forum again.

Shields.
I mostly play deathmatch and i use 2h weapon. But sometimes i like to go on siege server and then i kind of need that shield.
Funny because i feel clumsy with it. Even more so, because it used to be the other way around.
That raised a question.
How does 1h-shield combo actually perform in duel vs 2h weapon user? Are there any advantages? It seems to me that you only get convinience of lazy blocking and abillity to block arrows, but you cant feint as good as with 2h weapon.
Am i right? Am i missing something? Anyone else wasting their life wondering about similar philosophys?  :grin:

How about you fellows from battle servers. Does such type of gamestyle favor shields?

i bought this game for multiplayer after hearing favorable things about it from some friends that play it. since i am fairly new, i wanted to ask if there are any active Native servers that would be good for a beginner like me to visit to grow as a player.

Back
Top Bottom