Official 'Ask Questions About Warband Multiplayer Here' Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

captain lust said:
Actually the best way to dodge arrows, when you're not trying to return them, is to just hold forward and just change direction with the mouse. Try and catch a glimpse of the archer, every now and then so you can try and react to the rhythm of the arrows but on the whole, strafing is pretty useless for dodging missiles.

As for the best bow.. that's all personal taste. For a long time, I would use only the basic bow for every faction but recently I tend to grab a strong bow on open maps and nomad/short bow on closed maps. That's not to say there aren't ranged players far better than me, who have completely different ideas on the matter. Because there are :smile:.

Unless you're using a shield :smile:

This isn't so much a question more like a poll for opinion. When you are in a duel server do you go with the 2H swords for length and damage, or with the 1H swords for speed? I just tried out the short arming sword and when I finally get close enough it's speed is an advantage.

captain lust said:
It's generally accepted that the longer two handed swords are best for dueling. All of the top duelists either use the "Great Sword" or the "Two Handed Sword".
Though I have seem some great players opt for the Bastard because of the speed.

By speed I mean the fastest weapon the Swadians posess. The Short Arming Sword. It's more like a long dagger, but it's speed is 103.

DarkShogun417 said:
By speed I mean the fastest weapon the Swadians posess. The Short Arming Sword. It's more like a long dagger, but it's speed is 103.
I also use the short arming sword. The speed is immense when you get up close, as long as you maintain your blocking and are weary of kicks. I also use it in competitive battles.

The main problem with fighting with a short arming sword, or any one-hander for that matter on a duel server is that it gets stunned pretty easily by the heavier two-handed sword and great sword. That and it is fairly easy to stay out of range of the short thing.

Seeing as I can't post on the cRPG forums ( Need an account, and I need a character for that). I was installing/patching cRPG, when, the progress bar (green), suddenely stops moving, after awhile of waiting, I gave up and cancelled the process. I attempted multiple tmes after that, but the progress bar would stop randomly in different parts....

Why did this happen? Is there any other way of installing cRPG?

Confused Mok,

Isn't the Great Sword the fastest(its 'op', it costs over 1k and is part of an impractical faction)? Was dueling taken properly into account during developement?

sammac said:
Isn't the Great Sword the fastest(its 'op', it costs over 1k and is part of an impractical faction)? Was dueling taken properly into account during developement?
No, the 2hander sword is faster as is the heavy B and normal Bastard sword. The great sword is just longer. I don't remember what the fastest sword in the game is but the Short arming sword is the fastest weapon I dare use, without fear of glancing, in duels.

BlackTide said:
sammac said:
No, the 2hander sword is faster as is the heavy B and normal Bastard sword. The great sword is just longer. I don't remember what the fastest sword in the game is but the Short arming sword is the fastest weapon I dare use, without fear of glancing, in duels.
But its a glitchy, unpredictable creature is it not?

Really isnt that hard to search for it or look on the appropriate board (or if your really smart search the board).

You delete your post or respond and I'll delete this.

do you think i didn't allready try the search function as it comes up with nothing sutable with the info i need

next time don't be a smart arse who thinks that everyone who asks for help has an IQ below 10

Having searched the entire forum and various other dark places of the internet, I turn to this thread. I need help with getting the chat box away when playing multiplayer. I know you can turn off the notifications of people getting killed and damage but not the chat.

Anyone know if you can take it away with maybe a console command or perhaps a simple modification?

hirovard said:
i think its hard coded, however mods like pw (persistan world) have added in other chats so i imagine they can be removed

I see. So that means, someone (or me) has to actually mod the game to get it away?

Considering I don't even know what to code WITH, I'm pretty much screwed  :cry:

Back
Top Bottom