Official 'Ask Questions About Warband Multiplayer Here' Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

DoctorPainkiller said:
Does Hamachi work for warband? I feel like I tried it once with some friends and it worked.
Yes.  Biggest thing with Hamachi is getting it setup correctly.  If not some people can see servers and some cannot even though logged into Hamachi and can ping them.  Google is your friend here.

What happened with the old servers I was playing ? Or the game itself , because I can't even launch it .

Hello guys, quick question : are there any "noob friendly" deathmatch/team deathmatch servers in EU ? I ask because I tried one and holy sh*t people are moving so fast I have no clue wtf is happening except I get slaughtered like a lamb every five seconds. No fun. Also they seem to be much more faster than me and I don't know how since afaik there's no leveling in the servers I tried.
I just wanted to try and get some MP achievements, I have no intention of becoming a pro. But right now the game is so old it feels like everyone is super experienced. I'm even afraid to go into team-oriented servers because I'll feel like a burden and ruin game or something. (playing too much LoL and Dota may have warped my sense of multiplayer games communities ?)

Wendek said:
But right now the game is so old it feels like everyone is super experienced.

Actually, you just answered your own question. You may be lucky to find some servers with beginners playing in, but no. There is no such server for beginners. My best advise is to hop in a server -doesn't matter how good people in it are- and practice. Even the best does mistakes and get his ass kicked by some newb. 'nuff said

Try some Siege servers too, they could be fun too and if you are on the attackers side you will respawn after few seconds when you die.

I can suggest playing on: ZHG_Siege server or Wolfpack_TDM

Don't be scared, accept the fact that you will be killed a lot of times, but use those deaths as 'learning steps' for becoming an experienced player and enjoy the game. You just need to understand some of the weird mechanics that most of the people use to 'spoil' the game and trick less experienced players.

Have fun.

Any idea why every time I join a multiplayer server, no matter which one it is, I get kicked from the server. Here's a screenie:

8UPW0Ib.jpg

DoctorPainkiller said:
Where did you buy the game?  edited
From a games' shop which allegendly sells original games with original keys. It's here in Uruguay and it doesn't really belong to any big franchise

My best guess is that they sold you a used game which the previous owner had already registered its serial key.  Since two people cannot play with the same serial key, you keep getting kicked from multi-player servers.  Either that or you downright pirated the game but the result would be the same.  No multiplayer.

Hi,
got a problem for some weeks now. I can not find any of Rene's servers which basically means, that I can't join oRP teamspeak NC/WNL_Ger servers. Only on some days I can find them. What I read so far is, that it may be the router. But restarting or shutting down the router for some time did not work.
Any of you also had the problem or know a solution ?

What am I supposed to do when someone is on me spamming attacks with a faster weapon?
it seems all I can do is block.  As soon as I try to attack I'm dead, and kick does nothing.
Do I have to master chamber block attacking to get out of this position?

also, does kick only work on shields? it does not seem to do anything.

either, use a loger weapon and keep out their reach but them in yours, got block like a boss till they **** up. also, use foot work to your advantage.

Kicking works against everyone. you just have to either be standing still, or them moving towards you whilst face hugging

congruent2006 said:
What am I supposed to do when someone is on me spamming attacks with a faster weapon?
it seems all I can do is block.  As soon as I try to attack I'm dead, and kick does nothing.
Do I have to master chamber block attacking to get out of this position?

also, does kick only work on shields? it does not seem to do anything.

No weapon is fast enough to attack twice before you have a chance to attack. It's just a matter of reaction timing to start your attack the moment you hear the sound of you blocking.

Footwork can also play a factor in this, as well as attack direction. for instance the overhand is the slowest attack in the game, try and use the left or right swing as soon as you hear the block sound while keeping them infront of you.
just comes with practice :smile:

Well, immediately after joining a server, someone started a poll to ban me.

I had no previous encounters with this person, on the forums, playing Warband, or elsewhere. There were several other people in the server, not of the same clan, (well, looking at their names anyway) and the poll was finished very quickly with my being banned. (about 2 seconds)

Is this a common practice? Also, what the ****?

Naturally I don't want to join said server again, but it is sort of a turn off for this to happen the first time I play Native multiplayer. (I have dabbled with Nord Invasion and Full Invasion but not Native)

Usually if you're too good you get some polls thrown at your head, but yea, some kids just random poll people now and then. It's just a tempban if it gets accepted, though. You'll be fine!

I decided to play Native(im basically NW player) mod today and joined some servers like Ludus duel ru sweet siege IG battlegrounds and I got surprised. When I killed some players they said to me "*****" "l2p noob" and such things. When I accidentaly hit one player's horse from miles away (he was dismounted fighting a last living guy) in the second round he teamhit me and said "learn to shoot noob" and insulted me in other ways. Also when I joined RU_Sweet_Siege, I saw that many players at spawn was teamkilling/teamwounding/kicking insulting eachother etc. I would like admins to be more active on the servers as 10yo kiddies play this game and insult other people for nothing.

I could not find "Server board" and posted this in here. Sorry if I was mistaken.

I have a question regarding a game type I found.
It was basically Humans vs. AI and it was set in Arena map, but having google searched for it I haven't found it anywhere. The only expansion I have it Warband and Native module.
It was shown as being Team Deathmatch, and it was human players fighting waves of bots, starting at farmers and eventually moving up in difficulty. Does anyone know what it's called or any servers that use it?

Back
Top Bottom