Regional Manor - a guide for peasant on how things work

Users who are viewing this thread

BUG:When fighting bandit at my manor (before walls of course) the scene shows a walled town, but I don't have one yet.
Also I retreated to my manor and the AI has pathing issues, they get stuck on the town walls, even though I was at my manor. They try to run though them when retreating as well and get stuck.

maga said:
This seems like a bug.
When you fortify Iron Trader there is still two options in main menu "Walk around..." and "Improve this..." so if you activate second one (and pay 20 000) manor will go back to Iron Mine form Fortified manor. Moreover, after that there is Ransom Broker in manor instead of Master.

Seconded.

DrTomas, will there be a retexture of some buildings to fit for the snowy landscape of the scn_manor_fortified_euro_snow? DrStein asked me if there will be more buildings covered with snow and it would make sense to have some for the manors, because many players will build the manors.
Still I would like DrStein to build the third tier of the nordic player castle now, for he could simply forget or don't want to do it later on.

There already are these 'to_' buildings with brick textures. I don't know how much time it'll take to retexture and I won't do that so I'm happy to suggest this retexturing.

And someone has to place some appropriate steppe and desert buildings for the manors.

Regarding the snowy buildings: I do plan on making more fortified manors with diffrent cultures, so they will probably have one. But that will not be soon - and I'm hoping I can get ntb_15 to help me out. When he comes back that is. However feel free to get some buildings yourself, send them to me and I'll add them as props. If you want to retexture current buildings - it might be as easy as changing the material in the brf file with one of the "Snowy" ones. Thats what I did with the brick buildings.

And in the meantime, better not touch the fortified manor scenes whitout me.

maga said:
Is it implemented already?
I've checked last revision (60) and see no additional options in manors or villages. I've built manor in village, then fortified manor, then got castle in which I can build prison, messenger post and fortifications, and nothing else. Speaking on manors like linen workshop, there are no new options too, only iron trade and salt trade could be updated to mines, and masters don't give any options except collecting taxes and removing manors.

Perhaps I'm being silly, though I'm stuck in the exact same situation. I understand when you talk of Manor you do not refer to the castle.. but what is it, then? Fortified manor is something I cannot find anywhere. I created an Iron trader and tried to upgrade it. All I got was a Mine and the manor master became a Ransom Broker. So... Kind of clueless here...

GodHandApostole said:
maga said:
Is it implemented already?
I've checked last revision (60) and see no additional options in manors or villages. I've built manor in village, then fortified manor, then got castle in which I can build prison, messenger post and fortifications, and nothing else. Speaking on manors like linen workshop, there are no new options too, only iron trade and salt trade could be updated to mines, and masters don't give any options except collecting taxes and removing manors.

Perhaps I'm being silly, though I'm stuck in the exact same situation. I understand when you talk of Manor you do not refer to the castle.. but what is it, then? Fortified manor is something I cannot find anywhere. I created an Iron trader and tried to upgrade it. All I got was a Mine and the manor master became a Ransom Broker. So... Kind of clueless here...

Go to your fief at beginning of game (you have to be a vassal), click on invest in town, choose one of the investments, don't think it makes a difference. That trader will show up near your fief. You have to search a round a little because they are invisible if you are a certain distance away. Go to the master in that trader, tell him to have the villager move (text should read build a manor to make it clear). After about a week go back to safe spot as trader and you will have a manor. Manor can be upgraded as it says in the beginning.

What happens if you do that with more than one trader at the same fief?  Do you get two manors, or do the traders relocate to the same manor?  And the issue of the ransom broker still stands.  I can't tell the master anything if he isn't there.  Also, nothing happens when you try collect gold taxes. Also, it's "marshal", "seneschal", and "warehouse".

DrTomas said:
Regarding the snowy buildings: I do plan on making more fortified manors with diffrent cultures, so they will probably have one. But that will not be soon - and I'm hoping I can get ntb_15 to help me out. When he comes back that is. However feel free to get some buildings yourself, send them to me and I'll add them as props. If you want to retexture current buildings - it might be as easy as changing the material in the brf file with one of the "Snowy" ones. Thats what I did with the brick buildings.

And in the meantime, better not touch the fortified manor scenes whitout me.

If you tell me step by step maybe I can make it  :razz:

I think I found how to retexture the props with the Open Brf. I'll try that way.

ogawdhowthisgether said:
What happens if you do that with more than one trader at the same fief?  Do you get two manors, or do the traders relocate to the same manor?  And the issue of the ransom broker still stands.  I can't tell the master anything if he isn't there.  Also, nothing happens when you try collect gold taxes. Also, it's "marshal", "seneschal", and "warehouse".

Should only work with one trader. As it stands Dr. T has it at one. It says one in the very first paragraph under building a manor. Please read first page.
Gold collection is sent to your treasury.

I read the first page, and it doesn't answer the question I asked.  I figured it out by experimentation, so don't worry about it.  The problem as I see it is poor use of language, specifically, using the word "manor" to refer to more than one thing.  That isn't a trivial problem, either, it's a fundamental error in reasoning.  As far as the gold, I didn't see any.  I'm not sure if you understand the question. I am not talking about NPC 'traders' in the "fortified manor" scene, I am talking about the "master" NPCs in the "regional manors" scattered about the fief.  Selecting the option to collect gold taxes does not appear to do anything, before or after building the "fortified manor".  It would be pretty bizarre if it sent the gold to the treasury prior to building it, btw.

Do our Doc a favor and correct the text so all he needs to do is a copy and paste job. Since not everyone is a native english speaker this would be really nice of you. I am sure DrTomas himself doesn't care enough to spent time on such things so there is a slight chance that this will be corrected if it can be done by copy & paste.  :cool:

I don't know much about how the game files work.  What do I need to start poring over to find the various errors?

If I understood you right you said that the introduction from the first post is misleading. I meant you could may be make that right and less confusing.

The usage of language in-game is fairly screwed up as well.  If I'm going to spend time proofreading instructional posts, I may as well proofread the in-game text, otherwise the two won't agree and the end result will be as misleading.  Besides, it could use proofreading anyway.

Edit: Found the answers myself but I have one quastion left:

If I build a fortified manor by relocating the peasants, can I still build a castle at my original village?

Thank you in advance.

I have a small suggestion; I know the Senechal is meant to be the local authority, though since the manor still belongs to the player, after all, maybe it'd be possible to add a "Wait here" option?

Manor army
You can summon an army from the manor population by talking to the Manor marshal. Summoning the army will not cost you anything, however - the army will recruit the men from the fortified  manor in which decreasing the population number(you need atleast 200 people to summon them). Also this will decrease the prosperity rating of the fortified  manor half of the size of the army. For example a force of 50 men will decrease the population by 50 and prosperity by 25. You will also need to pay the full price of there wages each week. Failure to do so, could lead the army deserting the player and literally going after him.

is this in yet?

or maybe i just cant use it?  :neutral:

You might not have a population of 200 people in your manor? Everything is in that is written in the first post.

I should also probably rename the manor that you can build IN the village to estate or something, because I see it can cause confusion to the peasantry  :eek:. Which might cause even more confusion in some places, but it's easier then to rename the proper manor to estate as it repeats more then 3-4 times.

Back
Top Bottom