Regional Manor - a guide for peasant on how things work

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the guide for the player build-able manor, which the player can develop. Currently the system is still a work in progress and some things might change as the time goes by.

Building a Regional Manor
You can build a regional manor in towns or villages. To build one, costs 10000 gold coins. The manor will spawn near your center. A new manor can have up to 5 random buildings at the beginning(random). Some towns and villages can already have a manor at the beginning of the game.

Buildings
There are 26 buildings which you can build at the regional manor. Construction can take up to a week. All of them provide taxes, unless specified otherwise. Each building provide a npc with who you can interact with and each building will be visible at the scene.

Initial production buildings:sad:tier1):

Grain farm - produces grain, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Livestock farm - produces meet, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Fruit farm - produces fruit, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Fisher - produces smoked fish, can pay taxes in goods or in gold

Services Buildings(tier 2)
Marketplace - Requires all 3 farms to be build. grants 15 one time prosperity bonus and allows tier 3 buildings to be build
Tavern - grants 15 one time prosperity bonus and spawns minstrels at the regional manor
Brothel -  grants 15 one time prosperity bonus and spawns harlots at the regional manor
Monestry - grants 15 one time prosperity bonus and spawns priests at the regional manor. Does not provide tax.
Wells - grants 10one time prosperity bonus and allows top tier housing upgrade
Walls - manor no longer gets infested, has no effect if the bound village is looter - costs 500 gold to maintain.
Prison - grants ransom broker. Does not provide tax.

Craftsman(tier 3):
Bakery - produce Bread, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Winery - produce Wine, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Brewery - produces ALE!, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Potter - produces pottery, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Blacksmith - produces tools, allows tier 4 production buildings, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Butcher - produces meat products, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Oilmaker - produces oil, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Linen workshop - produces linen cloth, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Wool workshop - produces wool cloth, can pay taxes in goods or in gold
Tannery - produces leatherwork, can pay taxes in goods or in gold

Advance craftsman (tier 4):
Armorsmith - produces armor
Weaponsmith - produces weapons
Fletcher - produces range weapons
Stables - produces horses

Housing improvements
Level 0 - caps at around 200 people in the manor
Level 1 - Caps at around 760 people in the manor
Level 2 - Caps at around 1000 people in the manor

Taxes and resources:
Tax Income
Each building provide taxes, except walls(which cost 500g. a week), monestry and prison. Tier 1 and tier 3 buildings can provide taxes in goods instead of gold. You will need to talk to individual craftsman and tell him in which form you want him to provide the taxes.
Initial values(which are not static and may slightly differ from each week)
tier 1: 30
tier 2: 50
tier 3: 80
tier 4: 100
Population also pay taxes. each person living in the manor provide one gold coin. So 100 people will provide a tax of total 100g. coins. Higher population will be reflected in the regional manor scene as well.

Prosperity
Tax amount also is directly tied to the regional manor prosperity (prosperity can be from 0 to 100). A manor with 100 prosperity will provide 100% of tax revenue, a regional manor with 50 prosperity with 50% and so on. However the lower bound of this revenue is limited to 5%. So A manor with 0 prosperity will provide the same tax revenue as a regional manor with 5 prosperity - 5% of total tax revenue.

Tax rate:
Both prosperity growth, population growth and tax income is bound to the tax rate. Taxes are collected once every week. Taxes can be set to high, medium or low.
High  - increase the total taxes by 1.5, but decrease prosperity each week by 3 and population growth will be limited to ~15 people
Medium - taxes are not increased or decreased. Prosperity bonus: 1, population growth will be limited to ~40 people.
Low- taxes are reduced by half. Prosperity bonus: 2, population growth will be limited to ~50 people.

Manor personnel
Castle senechal
This is the person you want to speak if you wish to build buildings, collect taxes or manage your treasury.

Warehouse master
Your own regional manor storage will help you store all your things in the manor warehouses. This is also the place where you can collect your goods in the regional manor. However whatever you do, don't store your own items at the tax inventory - as peasants might steal them! You have been warned!

Manor marshal
This is the person you want to talk with if you wish to gather an army from the manor. You will need to have atleast 200 people at the manor to summon a force.

Manor army
You can summon an army from the manor population by talking to the Manor marshal. Summoning the army will not cost you anything, however - the army will recruit the men from the regional manor in which decreasing the population number(you need atleast 200 people to summon them). Also this will decrease the prosperity rating of the regional manor half of the size of the army. For example a force of 50 men will decrease the population by 50 and prosperity by 25. You will also need to pay the full price of there wages each week. Failure to do so, could lead the army deserting the player and literally going after him.

Traders and upgrades
Traders
Your manor can be visited by 5 type of traders: Salt, dye, silk, spice, furs. They will visit your manor if the prosperity rating is 50 or more and theres a population of atleast 700 people. You can find them by the marketplace.

Upgrades
Currently you can only upgrade the monestry with a scriptorium. This will make an bookseller npc appear near the monestry. He will get a new book which you can buy each week.

Future plans:
- Ability for the player to incorporate various crusader orders at his regional manor monestry.
- Traders(silk, dyes, spices and similar goods) visiting the players manor
- A few more buildings.
- Scenes for every religion/terrain.
- Events
- Having more dynamic changes in the scene based on actions/buildings.

Since horses can't actually be "crafted" [only their armor, saddle, horseshoes] wouldn't it make more sense of having one stable type for blacksmith-only manors with the armored-horses types and another stable [with the non-armored horses] for the other manor types?

It would. I looked at the possibility of having different goods productions - like metal armor maker and cloth armor maker(as in gambeson), ect at the beginning. But that was way too much of a effort required to implant them in. So I went the easy way. Perhaps sometime later we can consider implanting these things as well. :smile:

Cool!  :grin:

For what version is this? I downloaded the SVN last week, but i'm not yet a vassal so i havent got a town and manor yet.

Yesterdays. But you might want to wait for a day or two, as I'm going to make the traders visiting the scene. It might not be compatible with current revisions saves

DrTomas said:
Yesterdays. But you might want to wait for a day or two, as I'm going to make the traders visiting the scene. It might not be compatible with current revisions saves
Ok, thx for the tip.  :wink:

Once an army is conscripted from the manor and the population decreases, I assume the population will go back up and so will prosperity? Or is there another action we must take? Also if my manor is at 1k people and I take 200 men to war, my prosperity drops to 0. Yet there are still 800 people there. Why does a 20% drop in workforce equal 100% drop in productivity? Is this a game balancing issue?

blackitalian said:
Once an army is conscripted from the manor and the population decreases, I assume the population will go back up and so will prosperity? Or is there another action we must take? Also if my manor is at 1k people and I take 200 men to war, my prosperity drops to 0. Yet there are still 800 people there. Why does a 20% drop in workforce equal 100% drop in productivity? Is this a game balancing issue?

Read the first post and the part about tax rate. Low taxes will increase both population and prosperity. Building houses will increase your max population. And yes, there is a balancing issue.

Cranky said:
Сool! Thx a lot! Ehm...are there any challenges in cities and fortresses management or somewhat? It's only for manors?

No. Castles/towns scenes are intended to be historical if possible in this mod. Implanting this system to towns/villages/castles would be more suited to a mod which is centered in an age where colonization is more active - like an viking age, or American colonization and similar. If I hit my head strong enough, perhaps I will implant it to a village in the future(same system, one village upgradable to a special village) but that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Is it implemented already?
I've checked last revision (60) and see no additional options in manors or villages. I've built manor in village, then fortified manor, then got castle in which I can build prison, messenger post and fortifications, and nothing else. Speaking on manors like linen workshop, there are no new options too, only iron trade and salt trade could be updated to mines, and masters don't give any options except collecting taxes and removing manors.

Yes, you updating the wrong manor.
DrTomas said:
When you own a village, you will have a bound manor at the start of the game( or you can build one yourself) which you can upgrade to a fortified manor by talking to the manor master.

I believe what you think is "removal" of the manor is actually peasant relocation near  the new fortified manor. As you can not remove a manor.

DrTomas said:
Yes, you updating the wrong manor.
I believe what you think is "removal" of the manor is actually peasant relocation near  the new fortified manor. As you can not remove a manor.
Wow! That's it! Thank you!

This seems like a bug.
When you fortify Iron Trader there is still two options in main menu "Walk around..." and "Improve this..." so if you activate second one (and pay 20 000) manor will go back to Iron Mine form Fortified manor. Moreover, after that there is Ransom Broker in manor instead of Master.

Back
Top Bottom