Grand Theft Auto V

Users who are viewing this thread

Ringwraith #5 said:
No. Learn elementary logic. I'm not complaining about the incompetence of my pub co-op partners, I'm complaining about the fact that the game takes fifteen minutes to find me 3 co-op partners among the 300,000 players currently online. That is unequivocally Rockstar's fault.

I may be missing something here, but how does the fault here lie entirely with Rockstar? Surely there's a very real element of players not going onto the quickjoin/accepting invites/whatever other method you're using to try and populate your lobby. Granted, I'm not saying that Rockstar is completely free of guilt in this given the abysmal netcode the game has, but laying the entire blame on them for it is just ridiculous.

Literally everyone understood what you were complaining about. Doesn't change the fact that playing with people you know with a brain would not only take away the matchmaking time you deem so frustrating, as you just party up and go, it would also reduce frustration in the form of you not having to wait 15 minutes just to play with random idiots who will fail the mission terribly, but rather with people with more experience / intelligence. 2 birds with 1 stone and all.

But of course, you don't want to do that, and that's merely what I was pointing out to Wellen when he asked, to keep it short as it's frankly not worth explanations.

Seems to me you're the only here failing to think logically and relate linked concepts. :wink:

K-64 said:
I may be missing something here, but how does the fault here lie entirely with Rockstar? Surely there's a very real element of players not going onto the quickjoin/accepting invites/whatever other method you're using to try and populate your lobby. Granted, I'm not saying that Rockstar is completely free of guilt in this given the abysmal netcode the game has, but laying the entire blame on them for it is just ridiculous.
Where players go is determined by the options they're given, which are determined by the game designers. I'm using all the options there are, open matchmaking, auto-invite, and literally every "invite all" option there is. And I'm playing heists, the newest and most desirable multiplayer mode in GTA Online. If the game can't find me players despite being the third most played game on Steam with 300K concurrent players, I don't see how that could be anybody's fault but R*'s.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Literally everyone understood what you were complaining about. Doesn't change the fact that playing with people you know with a brain would not only take away the matchmaking time you deem so frustrating, as you just party up and go, it would also reduce frustration in the form of you not having to wait 15 minutes just to play with random idiots who will fail the mission terribly, but rather with people with more experience / intelligence. 2 birds with 1 stone and all.

But of course, you don't want to do that, and that's merely what I was pointing out to Wellen when he asked, to keep it short as it's frankly not worth explanations.

Seems to me you're the only here failing to think logically and relate linked concepts. :wink:
Exhibit A, ladies and gentlemen.  :neutral:

Ringwraith #5 said:
Where players go is determined by the options they're given, which are determined by the game designers. I'm using all the options there are, open matchmaking, auto-invite, and literally every "invite all" option there is. And I'm playing heists, the newest and most desirable multiplayer mode in GTA Online. If the game can't find me players despite being the third most played game on Steam with 300K concurrent players, I don't see how that could be anybody's fault but R*'s.

What about the fact that possibly people aren't joining for whatever reasons of their own? Judging from what I've seen, I'd reckon at least 250k of those players are griefing either in deathmatches of some description or in the sandbox mode. The other 50k tend to be in races or hosting their own heist lobbies waiting 15 minutes on the fringe groups to join in.

Point is, what jobs players may or may not join isn't down to Rockstar. If 300k people don't wanna play with you, then 300k people don't wanna play with you.

K-64 said:
Point is, what jobs players may or may not join isn't down to Rockstar.
Yes, it is. It's the game designers job to provide the incentives and disincentives to herd players into the desired activities. If the vast majority of people spend their time derping around and griefing other people, clearly stronger anti-griefing measures are required to make them stop and do something else instead. If a disproportionately large number of people spend too much of their time racing, the rewards you get for racing need to be lowered. If not enough people are playing heists, the rewards need to be increased to make more people want to play heists. You get my point.

I don't think that anti-griefing measures would herd people into doing heists. It'd just make them find new ways to grief... or just go into heists and do the griefing there.

Actually that seems very likely since the heists (barring Fleeca) have that startup cost, and making the hosts piss away that money would be oh so funni

Ringwraith #5 said:
No. Learn elementary logic. I'm not complaining about the incompetence of my pub co-op partners, I'm complaining about the fact that the game takes fifteen minutes to find me 3 co-op partners among the 300,000 players currently online. That is unequivocally Rockstar's fault.

I don't know what you intended with this. Possibly to make fun of me. The only thing you've succeeded in doing is showcasing your lack of ability to understand elementary English and/or think logically and thereby further cementing my aforementioned worldview. And that's why I don't want to play with any of you.
No reason to be a **** about nothing, baby.
Anyway, my point was that if you would add folks you "know" you wouldn't be subject to trying to find someone not retarded from the general public. Circumventing this:
Splintert said:
To be honest, 33% on singleplayer, 33% on multiplayer, and 33% on loading screens at any given time?

Comes with additional boons, such as proper voice chat and an easy way to set up future sessions.

K-64 said:
I don't think that anti-griefing measures would herd people into doing heists. It'd just make them find new ways to grief...
Eh, possibly. Though the game already has a passive mode that makes you invulnerable to other players, so griefing possibilities are already rather limited. The downside is that you can't use your weapons at all. If they tweaked it so that you could use your weapons against NPCs but not players, there would be no reason to ever go out of passive mode and therefore no griefing potential at all. Well, almost. I suppose you could follow a player around until they get out of their vehicle, then destroy the vehicle. But even that is easily solved by keeping the last occupied vehicle invulnerable to other players even when it's empty.

So yeah. I don't know for sure what would happen, seeing as I can't see into alternate realities, but I find it unlikely that R* couldn't completely stop griefing if they wanted to. Or at least almost completely.

or just go into heists and do the griefing there.

Actually that seems very likely since the heists (barring Fleeca) have that startup cost, and making the hosts piss away that money would be oh so funni
Nope. You can't make the host waste money, only time. The buy-in is a one-time payment and you can attempt the missions as many times as it takes to complete them, you don't pay for each attempt. That would be ridiculous and yes, very griefing-friendly. I imagine that's why it's not done that way.

Wellenbrecher said:
No reason to be a **** about nothing, baby.
I didn't start it, only responded in kind. Don't feel sorry for these clowns just because they were outdone at it.

Anyway, my point was that if you would add folks you "know" you wouldn't be subject to trying to find someone not retarded from the general public. Circumventing this:
Splintert said:
To be honest, 33% on singleplayer, 33% on multiplayer, and 33% on loading screens at any given time?
Comes with additional boons, such as proper voice chat and an easy way to set up future sessions.
That is true.

Ringwraith #5 said:
I didn't start it, only responded in kind. Don't feel sorry for these clowns just because they were outdone at it.

:lol: Outdone? I left you without any real argumentative comeback, leaving you to resort to a juvenile and frankly embarassing for yourself one liner. Yeah, that "Exhibit A" right after I destroyed your attempt at sounding smart sure outdid me... Accept the loss and get better, don't go making delusional claims kid.

Harkon Haakonson said:
:lol: Outdone? I left you without any real argumentative comeback, leaving you to resort to a juvenile and frankly embarassing for yourself one liner. Yeah, that "Exhibit A" right after I destroyed your attempt at sounding smart sure outdid me... Accept the loss and get better, don't go making delusional claims kid.
There was no need for an argumentative comeback, seeing as the refutation of your points had already been made in the very post you were responding to. Well I'm not going to repeat myself for your benefit. Feel free to keep re-reading that post until it gets through. The fact that you don't even realize that yes, you have in fact been outdone is testament enough to your lack of comprehension.

Radalan said:
Well after trying out multiplayer, I think it would be cool if there was a mode where players aren't visible on the map.  :cool:
That would be unplayable. When I see a red tank on the map? Instant passive mode.

168034de55c563ba18.png
How Ringwraith feels right now.

Ringwraith #5 said:
Harkon Haakonson said:
There was no need for an argumentative comeback, seeing as the refutation of your points had already been made in the very post you were responding to. Well I'm not going to repeat myself for your benefit. Feel free to keep re-reading that post until it gets through. The fact that you don't even realize that yes, you have in fact been outdone is testament enough to your lack of comprehension.
:lol: Nice try, but you're not fooling anyone. It's ok, we all know just how bitter you get over not being the biggest smartass in the Internet every time you get schooled in a discussion.

By all accounts this looks good. By all accounts my money hates being given to Rockstar.

Russik said:
168034de55c563ba18.png
How Ringwraith feels right now.
Pretty much, yeah.

Harkon Haakonson said:
:lol: Nice try, but you're not fooling anyone. It's ok, we all know just how bitter you get over not being the biggest smartass in the Internet every time you get schooled in a discussion.
That would carry a lot more weight, i.e. a non-zero amount, if you could provide a single example where anyone on this forum schooled me in a discussion. I've been here what, seven years? Surely you should be able to find one, right?

Slev said:
By all accounts this looks good. By all accounts my money hates being given to Rockstar.
It's good but it's nowhere near perfect. I wouldn't recommend buying it for full price, to be honest. Unless you desperately need that open-world itch scratched, I say hold off.

So basically your response to me telling you "learn elementary logic" is "learn elementary logic"? I guess we're at an impasse, then.

Back
Top Bottom