Taking the throne of an existing faction

Users who are viewing this thread

2zombies1cup

Recruit
Okay I've read lots of threads about this and I still haven't gotten my answer. I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I've already read quite a few and I'm not sure how many more there are. The thing is I took over half of Caldaria in my own faction, but after getting bored I decided to start a new play through as a Khergit horse archer named Genghis. I'm planning on taking the throne and becoming Khan but I'm not entirely sure if this is possible. My friends tell me it is, considering you can ask other vassals what their thoughts on their king are, it seems like it's possible to overthrow him. Many forums are saying it's not possible but a small number are stating that it is in fact possible.

Can somebody PLEASE clear this up for me, before I waste countless hours getting no where?

I don't think so. You can support a claimant to the throne of an existing faction, but you can never sit on any throne except that of a faction you carved out from nowhere yourself. Which kind of makes sense - you have no claim to the specific throne of an existing faction. A claimant does, so naturally if you want to kick good old Sanjar out Dustum would claim that throne.

Stickied thread above, "Singleplayer Manual", post one:
Galdus said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things to know

1. You cannot be a King of a pre-existing faction.

Caba`drin said:
Stickied thread above, "Singleplayer Manual", post one:
Galdus said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things to know

1. You cannot be a King of a pre-existing faction.

I'm laughing so hard right now. Thanks for that post. My bad, although that's kind of disappointing.

Cheers! :wink:
But agreed, it is slightly disappointing.

To give a more complete answer...there are ways to approximate it, with some hacky .TXT editing.
For instance, if you start a claimant's quest, then betray the claimant and turn it into your own kingdom, your kingdom title will be stuck as "X Rebels" and you won't have the proper Kingdom's banner, but otherwise it could be the same. Through the .TXT tweaks link in my sig, there is a workaround to allow you to change your kingdom name even when you start as a rebel, and another workaround to allow you to select any banner as your own--even the various king's banners. Using both of these, you could approximate becoming the King of one of the original factions, starting from leading a rebellion, and ending with the rightful banner of the kingdom.

You could also skip the tweaking and just name your kingdom the same when you found it and 'RP' to yourself, more or less.

I've read lots of posts that having a higher "right to rule" can grant you the throne of an existing faction. I've also read a post that states becoming a king gives you a 200+ party limit. It just confused me that there were so many different replies.

2zombies1cup said:
I've read lots of posts that having a higher "right to rule" can grant you the throne of an existing faction.
No, that is mis-information.
A higher right to rule will make it less likely that other factions declare war on you just because you exist...and will help you recruit lords...but that is all

2zombies1cup said:
I've also read a post that states becoming a king gives you a 200+ party limit. It just confused me that there were so many different replies.
+100, though that only applies to the AI, unless you are using mods that have added that (Floris Expanded has, among others).

Okay thanks a lot! I'll be on my way to making the Mongolian Empire :razz: It'd be really neat to  have this feature though. It seems like a pretty standard feature for a game like Warband.

Tweak Mount and Blade you can use it to change the player kingdoms color to purple, start you Character off as Genghis Khan, and when you the the chance name your kingdom Khergit Khantanate (or however it's spelt). The banner doesn't matter that much as every vassal already has a different banner.

Back
Top Bottom